Poll

How should the system of punishing VIP rulebreakers be altered?

Reset level to 1 if a VIP has got banned for hacking
Reset level to 1 if a VIP has got banned for anything (death evasion etc)
Make everyone pay for unban if the unban date has been announced and has come
Don't change anything, it is fine already
Another option

Author Topic: About punishing VIP rulebreakers  (Read 16609 times)

Offline iDanz0r

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: About punishing VIP rulebreakers
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2017, 08:33:56 pm »
No look at the Terms

"Once purchased, you stay VIP forever. It cannot be taken away and it cannot be transferred to another account.
Being VIP does not distinguish you from other regular members, that means you will be treated the same. If you break rules, you will get banned. If you get permanently banned, you will lose access to your account and thus to the VIP tied to it. Also, being permanently banned means you are no longer eligible for a refund on your purchase."
I scrolled over the whole topic, noticed several suggestions with agreement and disagreement but finally found something that actually makes sense. It simple and straight  Terms & Conditions for Vip membership.

Vips offers you advantages over the gameplay with various commands but it has nothing to do with the ban period. A Vip should be treated as a normal player and the same rules should be applied on them.

It would be a little bit worthless to remove a player's VIP due to his actions in-game as there are no conditions that says so. At first, I don't see why 'VIP' is so called a highlighted problem in this community after-all its all a business deal - You pay for server security, and get special commands in exchange. I feel no such special treatments or rules should be setup for them. They are as normal as other players and their 'BAN' and 'VIP' has nothing to do in relation.

If a player buys Vip, he expects that the vip membership will be tagged with himself and will not get removed the next day just because he broke some rules.

It would be a good idea to reset stats or roll them back if player is banned for aimbot or some other cheats that gives advantage over kills and ratio but removing vip will just decrease the amount of players who are willing to buy vip by working their ass off harder and getting banned next day due to their some silly mistakes.
If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them Angry.

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2017, 08:40:28 pm »
I doubt it's possible to change the terms for players who already have Vip.
But yeah, for new players it's 100% possible.

Offline EnGin

• VIP
  • Score: 6539
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2017, 07:25:39 am »
No look at the Terms

"Once purchased, you stay VIP forever. It cannot be taken away and it cannot be transferred to another account.
Being VIP does not distinguish you from other regular members, that means you will be treated the same. If you break rules, you will get banned. If you get permanently banned, you will lose access to your account and thus to the VIP tied to it. Also, being permanently banned means you are no longer eligible for a refund on your purchase."
I scrolled over the whole topic, noticed several suggestions with agreement and disagreement but finally found something that actually makes sense. It simple and straight  Terms & Conditions for Vip membership.

Vips offers you advantages over the gameplay with various commands but it has nothing to do with the ban period. A Vip should be treated as a normal player and the same rules should be applied on them.

It would be a little bit worthless to remove a player's VIP due to his actions in-game as there are no conditions that says so. At first, I don't see why 'VIP' is so called a highlighted problem in this community after-all its all a business deal - You pay for server security, and get special commands in exchange. I feel no such special treatments or rules should be setup for them. They are as normal as other players and their 'BAN' and 'VIP' has nothing to do in relation.

If a player buys Vip, he expects that the vip membership will be tagged with himself and will not get removed the next day just because he broke some rules.

It would be a good idea to reset stats or roll them back if player is banned for aimbot or some other cheats that gives advantage over kills and ratio but removing vip will just decrease the amount of players who are willing to buy vip by working their ass off harder and getting banned next day due to their some silly mistakes.

I think this sums up the whole topic,  you can't simply change the terms. Many players buy VIP for this reason and you cant make sudden changes.

Peace

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2017, 08:54:01 pm »
No look at the Terms

I think this sums up the whole topic,  you can't simply change the terms. Many players buy VIP for this reason and you cant make sudden changes.

Peace

Why not ? It's just about changing/editing the punishment.
Idc if some agree or disgree, the main fact is that
you shouldnt hack!

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2017, 12:08:01 am »
Personally any VIP banned should be demoted to Level 1 after they get banned for anything, got too many tryhards donating for other tryhards these days.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 01:09:17 am »
Personally any VIP banned should be demoted to Level 1 after they get banned for anything, got too many tryhards donating for other tryhards these days.

I think staff should discuss about changing the terms already

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 06:20:48 pm »

They said they changed the Period of bans, and i still see Hackers that ban for only 3-4 weeks...

Offline Tounsix

• VIP
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 11:29:43 pm »
I don't know but removing VIP for a periode of time,1 month or so plus few weeks ban is good,I had banned for 15 days and they took my vip for a month in the old server for ramming lacerta at the civ spawn, I know its a shitty reason but the VIP removale was good.

Offline WuZi

• VIP
  • Gifts are always good
    • GgT Forum
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 11:57:31 pm »
I actually want hackers to get banned permanently. Why is that not in the discussion?

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2017, 12:20:45 am »
I don't know but removing VIP for a periode of time,1 month or so plus few weeks ban is good,I had banned for 15 days and they took my vip for a month in the old server for ramming lacerta at the civ spawn, I know its a shitty reason but the VIP removale was good.
This aint old PTP bro,there is no "Lacerta the drug dealer" this time. The ban has increased,and i agree with your suggestion. If VIP player cheats,his VIP should be removed permamently.

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2017, 04:58:02 am »
I speak for myself and myself only most of the time.

They said they changed the Period of bans, and i still see Hackers that ban for only 3-4 weeks...
You should discuss that with Jonne. I'm not in charge of that but I do support a longer punishment for anyone.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Piu

• "Don't make the same mistakes I did."
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2017, 08:12:36 pm »
+1
GREAT IDEA,
BUT,
GIVING MONEY FOR UNBAN IS SENSELESS

When I'm the Conqueror

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2017, 11:04:08 am »
No look at the Terms
Yes, look at the terms:
Being VIP does not distinguish you from other regular members, that means you will be treated the same. If you break rules, you will get banned. If you get permanently banned, you will lose access to your account and thus to the VIP tied to it. Also, being permanently banned means you are no longer eligible for a refund on your purchase.
Since perm-bans, in effect, take away VIP status (your account is no longer accessible) , "once purchased, you stay VIP forever" isn't really the case. The Supreme Court of YoMama would rule that this allows for taking away VIP with a ban, but it's ultimately up to Jonne.

Even if Jonne does not wish to interpret the rules this way or change the terms, many of our VIPs, including myself, were generously given VIP because they had it in Tenshi's server, not because they agreed to the terms and donated to Jonne's server. They wouldn't be magically protected by the terms.

If someoe is mature enough to buy VIP, then he is definitifly mature enough to understand the rule:,,Do not hack!"
"Mature" and "VIP" seem misplaced in a general statement together. Quick, let's take this to the VIP section of the forum so the plebs don't have a say!

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2017, 06:25:02 pm »

And just 3 days ban for someone who keeps death evading even after warnings. Great

@wuzi, hackers get banned only after 2nd offence. And a permanent ban is like a 6 months ban here. I guess you meant a perm ban at 1st offence?

Offline iDanz0r

• VIP
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2017, 09:36:46 am »

And just 3 days ban for someone who keeps death evading even after warnings. Great
The 3 days ban is not a punishment but rather it looks like a gap given to the players to keep them off the server.
A ban should be permitted when player has crossed his limits and should be punished by giving an interval of time to make them learn from their mistakes with time. Banning players for 3 days doesn't make sense at all.
If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them Angry.