Poll

What should the President be able to fly?

All aircraft except for Shamals and Hydras
12 (30.8%)
All aircraft except for Shamals, Hydras and helicopters
1 (2.6%)
All aircraft except for Shamals, Hydras and Rustlers
9 (23.1%)
All aircraft except for Shamals, Hydras, Rustlers, and helicopters
2 (5.1%)
He shouldn't be able to fly anything
15 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: March 19, 2017, 08:00:30 am

Author Topic: [Added]What aircraft should the President be able to fly?  (Read 10419 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Re: What aircraft should the President be able to fly?
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 12:28:50 am »
Next time, if you want people to select multiple options, you can set "Maximum votes per user" to a different value. For example, if you want them to select up to 3 options, you should set that value to 3.
I wasn't sure how to do it, and I figured that this was probably the most accurate way to vote, as it involved all the different classes of aircraft and the different combinations of the groups that I see as being the most significant- slow planes, helis, and Rustlers. I considered a Google survey kind of thing but I didn't want to introduce ethics questions by self-reporting results of a survey that I clearly have an interest in.

From what I understand now, the most voted combination is to allow presidents to fly all aircrafts, except Rustlers, Shamals and Hydras, and to keep the aircamping as it is, right? I don't have a problem putting this to the test again, if the majority agrees, but it won't be any time soon though. We just tried something like this, got rid of it, so I'll leave some time in between now before we do another test like this.
Yes, that is the most voted combination in the end. As you can see, I counted votes for or against based on the options in each choice to get an aggregate percent for each aircraft group at the end, with votes counting from the midpoint (39/2). By my math, the percent for allowing helicopters is (39/2+3)/39 = 57.7%, allowing Rustlers is (39/2-13)/39 = 16.7%, and allowing planes that are not Rustlers, Hydras, or Shamals is (39/2+9)/39 = 73.1%. The majority in the other simple poll was for leaving the flying punishment as it is, yes.

I created this poll because I felt pretty confident that the majority of the server would be OK with the President flying the crappy planes and all helicopters, and maybe (I knew it was a stretch) Rustlers if aircamping were a separate question. Since the original vote was 60.4% against all flying without aircamping, and the current majority is 13% higher for crappy planes and only 3% lower for helis, I don't really feel that another test is necessary. I still think that this poll would have ended even more positively for flying if it had always been allowed- I think people are worried that they don't have skills that they would have acquired naturally if planes had been allowed all along, and they vote against flying for that reason.

With the flying punishment left the same, this isn't functionally different from the security flying the the president because none of the planes or helis are better than the multiple-seaters the security can fly him in already, with the exception of the stuntplane, which is still easy to shoot down since it's so slow and often it's too responsive for people to fly it without crashing it. Whether I'm flying the president in a dodo as security or I'm flying a dodo as President with the security in the passenger seat, I'm still flying a yellow blip around with terrorists trying to shoot me down and we're both in parachutes when we get shot down. If anything, it's more dangerous for a president to fly himself because he can't get out as easily when he's shot down.

It's obviously your choice, but I think that the majority combination should be added instead of tested again, then suggestions afterwards would fine-tune things if that's even necessary (like whether or not specific aircraft would be allowed, for example).