Author Topic: [Added]/changename  (Read 11792 times)

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
Re: /changename
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2018, 09:07:53 pm »
No I remain with the current system of renaming accounts. No need to add anything in it.

Offline Captain

• Score: Unknown
    • 404 Not Found?
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 06:44:44 am »
How about a command that will notify admins that player X wants to change his nickname in-game instead of making a private message to the level 5 admins or spamming in the main chat.  ;)
,--,---. 
/==/ - ` \
\==\/\ - |
 `--`/ `/ 
  |==|  | 
  `--`--` 
    .=.   
   :=; :   
    `=`

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 06:48:44 am »
This command will easily stop people from spammig Jonne Jonne Jonne.. from the main chat. Peace
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Ice_Bear

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 10:38:43 am »
Ok, I used to play a server which had this /changename command and I really liked it.

I am a VIP there so Name change cooldown is for14 days, but for others(NON VIP) it is 30 days. We can have this same for everyone(Including VIPS).

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 10:52:27 am »
Actually we dont need anything like /changename. Some newbies will add clan tags on their own. So i dont think this command will ever be added.

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 44717
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 12:37:12 pm »
Actually we dont need anything like /changename. Some newbies will add clan tags on their own. So i dont think this command will ever be added.
Agree with that newbie will can add tag easy with that

Offline FlapJack[M.I.B]

• VIP
  • FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 12:52:57 pm »
This has been already added lol

That's what I thought lol.

Offline Ice_Bear

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 02:17:43 pm »

I got solution for that, as soon one uses that command, there will be a request forwarded to online moderators and they are the one who will accept it and if no moderator is online, then they will get a message known as "No staff is online". Or we can have another staff rank known as Watchdogs, when admins/mods are not online, they will receive name change requests.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 04:53:08 pm »
Instead of this why not have this /cmd like a request function?

Sorta like /r where it is sent to Admin/Mods, where they can view and decide on it.

Eg:

/cmd BitchezOnMahDick420 (name I want to change to)
->Sent to Admins.
->Accept/Decline (Admins decide)

Moderation? Check, they can simply decide whether to reject or accept, reasoning can be added or just PM'd whatever.

"But Admins will get flooded!"

Simple, limit the /cmd usage once a month.

Make it Lvl1 Feature only, Registered Players can be tracked not Lvl0s.

Think about it, nobody will change their names together in one day, hence while the total will remain the same, it would get distributed somewhat, so it would at most be like 5-10 name changes per day. Not to say they can reject/postpone it anyways.

If the frequency is still too high to deal with simply increase the duration limit of the command to like 2 months or as it suits.

Besides if it gets rejected, an interaction would be needed anyways from which the current IRC route will follow.

If it's still too much to add, current system is the best as it is.

%

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2018, 05:24:16 pm »
Is there such a command lol?
But i think it’s useless, level 5s and Jonne changes the name, let it be like that.
No there is no such command, name change command is available only for lvl 5s and players are allowed to have name change once every month.
As only lvl 5s are able to use it so I don't think it can be enabled for other players. I don't find anything wrong with the current system, Just pm Jonne or any other lvl 5 on forum and it will be done or you can try to talk Jonne while in game by speaking his name (Ofc without spamming)

Offline Ice_Bear

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2018, 08:55:11 am »
Instead of this why not have this /cmd like a request function?

Sorta like /r where it is sent to Admin/Mods, where they can view and decide on it.

Eg:

/cmd BitchezOnMahDick420 (name I want to change to)
->Sent to Admins.
->Accept/Decline (Admins decide)

Moderation? Check, they can simply decide whether to reject or accept, reasoning can be added or just PM'd whatever.

"But Admins will get flooded!"

Simple, limit the /cmd usage once a month.

Make it Lvl1 Feature only, Registered Players can be tracked not Lvl0s.

Think about it, nobody will change their names together in one day, hence while the total will remain the same, it would get distributed somewhat, so it would at most be like 5-10 name changes per day. Not to say they can reject/postpone it anyways.

If the frequency is still too high to deal with simply increase the duration limit of the command to like 2 months or as it suits.

Besides if it gets rejected, an interaction would be needed anyways from which the current IRC route will follow.

If it's still too much to add, current system is the best as it is.

+1 to this

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 04:19:36 pm »
It would be nice to have this option in the CP, so a player could request a namechange which, in turn, could be approved or declined by a Head Admin. +1 to this one.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 11:51:55 am »
+1

Offline Airman

• Air1
  • Admin
  • Score: 31960
    • Discover Tunisia
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2018, 12:30:43 pm »
It would be nice to have this option in the CP, so a player could request a namechange which, in turn, could be approved or declined by a Head Admin. +1 to this one.
This seems more reasonable

Offline Captain

• 404 Not Found?
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2018, 03:18:00 am »

I got solution for that, as soon one uses that command, there will be a request forwarded to online moderators and they are the one who will accept it and if no moderator is online, then they will get a message known as "No staff is online". Or we can have another staff rank known as Watchdogs, when admins/mods are not online, they will receive name change requests.
+1
,--,---. 
/==/ - ` \
\==\/\ - |
 `--`/ `/ 
  |==|  | 
  `--`--` 
    .=.   
   :=; :   
    `=`