Author Topic: [Added]New system of scoring for improving gameplay.  (Read 11767 times)

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
[Added]New system of scoring for improving gameplay.
« on: March 31, 2018, 08:25:23 am »
It will be a long essay but its important to read the whole content.
Suggestion
I am suggesting a system of scoring which will enhance the gameplay mode. As we know that VIP already have advantages. There should be something for non-VIP members too. For this a system of scoring is beneficial for their desires. Non-VIP's will be rewarded access to VIP weapons for a week or less (will be decided by community if implemented) when a certain player reaches the goal of 500 points and system will automatically reward the player for reaching his/her goal (player should be registered to the server first). How will they gain points? Well details are as follow:

1. By killing the President: A simple terrorist job will be to kill the president and gain 3 scores. Only President killing point will be considered for VIP weapons reward (ignoring random killing points). According to my theory, 3x167=501, so a player should kill presi 167 times for his reward. Same theory goes for civilian class.
2. By protecting the president till he/she survives: Again a simple job. Those securities and cops shall be rewarded with 2 scores successfully only when they will be under President's radar range (normally 200-250 meters) and should have stayed minimum of 2 minutes under his/her radar range for the protection and survival of president. 2x250=500, so a player should save president 250 times under the limitations as explained above to achieve VIP weapons for limited time only. Civilian class will not get the saving points because of contradiction of his plans as he can either kill or save the president? Who knows.
Either protecting or killing the president, a player should cross 500 scores line to get VIP weapons

Outcome
The outcome of this feature for non-vips will result in the following results:
1. The gameplay will enhance and every player will try to compete against president and his/her squad in order to score.
2. The securities /duty issues will minimize as their main goal will be to protect the president till the end of the map.
3. This feature will encourage non-VIP players to get VIP exclusive features by donating for server, more donations means long life of the server. Recall in your mind that on last christmas, Accession of VIP weapons were given to registered players for a week and on those days some people actually donated for server and became VIP. So same probabilities are observed by me if it will be implemented.

Also player will be able to see their required score by checking their /stats.

More suggestions and comments will be welcomed. Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:20:46 pm by Jonne »

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
Re: New system of scoring for improving gameplay.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:38:08 am »
I like your idea of setting goals and giving them VIP access for a limited time-period if they achieves the goal.
The only problem with this is, there'd be more stats-whoring in server. (Yet this is an good idea for the securities to do their /duty)

People would be hunting president in squads. But, I don't think this is gonna benefit the Level 1 people in the server. (Killing president 167 times in a certain time period would be almost impossible goal to achieve.)

There's a negative side either, what if some Level 2 or Level 1 people helping their friends to try get the features by giving them easy president kills? (Don't you think most of them join as UC's)

Nice idea and concept. But I am not voting right now. Let's see what people thinks about it.

(Hope you'll understand what I am trying to say, and if I am doing and mistake you may tell me.)
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 09:25:55 am »
500 points? Are you serious? 100-450+ hrs for VIP weapons? 400hrs are like the total time of a regular nowadays.

1.) Giving them VIP weapons wouldn't solve much, since the problem is the balance, giving it to one person after shitload of grinding (which as Chetan said would encourage more president spreefixing and teaming) won't solve anything but further increase the frustration.

Further more this is only for a limited time,making all that 100+ hrs of perfect gameplay very little worthy.

The only outcome of this that Regulars will going terros more often than usual and fuck up the game more by president having minimal security, or maybe when a regular becomes president most of players go protect and do the vice versa.

or doing nothing at all, since they know it will be useless and continue like normal.

2.)The concept of Range points is bad. Sticking close to president doesn't help always, security who provide air support would further face more disadvantages (Their kills dont always count and air support aint easy), whereas some newbie noob will just stick around presi and get more points, than a actual performing team-member.

This would make the security class more frustrating than it already is and would result in lesser secs.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:31:08 am by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 09:36:54 am »
Somehow it sounded interesting. I might wanna see this at least for a period of time just to see how'd it be.

The only problem with this is, there'd be more stats-whoring in server. (Yet this is an good idea for the securities to do their /duty)
This has nothing to do with stats whoring as he said normal kills won't count.

People would be hunting president in squads. But, I don't think this is gonna benefit the Level 1 people in the server.
I don't get why you mentioned people hunting president in groups like it's a bad thing. Teamwork is necessary (almost obligatory) for both sides to success.

(Killing president 167 times in a certain time period would be almost impossible goal to achieve.)
It doesn't have to be in a certain period of time. You can achieve it either in 6 months or 15 days let's say to get access for those features.

There's a negative side either, what if some Level 2 or Level 1 people helping their friends to try get the features by giving them easy president kills? (Don't you think most of them join as UC's)
Spree fixers eventually got caught and punished so I doubt that's a problem for this case.

At least this is what I understood from the suggestion, if I'm mistaken feel free to correct me Deadman.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 10:01:08 am »
Somehow it sounded interesting. I might wanna see this at least for a period of time just to see how'd it be.

This has nothing to do with stats whoring as he said normal kills won't count.

People would be hunting president in squads. But, I don't think this is gonna benefit the Level 1 people in the server.
I don't get why you mentioned people hunting president in groups like it's a bad thing. Teamwork is necessary (almost obligatory) for both sides to success.

(Killing president 167 times in a certain time period would be almost impossible goal to achieve.)
It doesn't have to be in a certain period of time. You can achieve it either in 6 months or 15 days let's say to get access for those features.

Spree fixers eventually got caught and punished so I doubt that's a problem for this case.

At least this is what I understood from the suggestion, if I'm mistaken feel free to correct me Deadman.
100% correct Ege. Moreover hunting president is easy if you ahev some brain to think the in and out strategies.
P.S: I think Spree system have been removed a long time ago ::)

500 points? Are you serious? 100-450+ hrs for VIP weapons? 400hrs are like the total time of a regular nowadays.

1.) Giving them VIP weapons wouldn't solve much, since the problem is the balance, giving it to one person after shitload of grinding (which as Chetan said would encourage more president spreefixing and teaming) won't solve anything but further increase the frustration.

Further more this is only for a limited time,making all that 100+ hrs of perfect gameplay very little worthy.

The only outcome of this that Regulars will going terros more often than usual and fuck up the game more by president having minimal security, or maybe when a regular becomes president most of players go protect and do the vice versa.

or doing nothing at all, since they know it will be useless and continue like normal.

2.)The concept of Range points is bad. Sticking close to president doesn't help always, security who provide air support would further face more disadvantages (Their kills dont always count and air support aint easy), whereas some newbie noob will just stick around presi and get more points, than a actual performing team-member.

This would make the security class more frustrating than it already is and would result in lesser secs.

I would like you to read it again, thoroughly and with concentration and see the positive points. Why always your mind works as a detective agent that this won't work or this is not like this bla bla bla bla.. For better view, imagine yourself as a security, terrorist, president ectra ectra and then see the result.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 10:07:49 am by Deadman™ »

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 11:15:56 am »

I understood everything that Ege said. Just I don't agree with this one. The teamwork I am talking about is teaming and hunting people (most registered people do this). Keep killing randoms by teaming until they quit. I don't think its beneficial in any wait tho.
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 11:23:19 am »

I understood everything that Ege said. Just I don't agree with this one. The teamwork I am talking about is teaming and hunting people (most registered people do this). Keep killing randoms by teaming until they quit. I don't think its beneficial in any wait tho.
Scoring depends upon killing the presi not randoms looooool
Better check my statement given above in suggestion. In short, see the quote below.
Only President killing point will be considered for VIP weapons reward (ignoring random killing points).

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 11:42:49 am »
I would like you to read it again, thoroughly and with concentration and see the positive points. Why always your mind works as a detective agent that this won't work or this is not like this bla bla bla bla.. For better view, imagine yourself as a security, terrorist, president ectra ectra and then see the result.

Respond to the points rather than beating around the bush. I did consider every class before saying that.

And yes, I see the positives, but I find the negatives more in it which I mentioned earlier, which you didn't actually respond to. Change my mind I will gladly give +1 if you do.

%

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 12:13:41 pm »

Scoring depends upon killing the presi not randoms looooool
Better check my statement given above in suggestion. In short, see the quote below.
Only President killing point will be considered for VIP weapons reward (ignoring random killing points).
Well that seems cool +1

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 02:59:21 pm »
I don t see a reason how this will help jonne with the server maintance vip should not be achiveable without real money -1

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 03:42:50 pm »
Neutral

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2018, 04:10:03 pm »
I don t see a reason how this will help jonne with the server maintance vip should not be achiveable without real money -1
Its not a vip giveaway omg. Read the whole suggestion anain and try to get the real reason in it. :-\
again*

Offline Aksel

• VIP
  • Greatest of all times
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 05:36:50 pm »
Even if we assume that everytime they play sec they manage to protect the president (which is pretty much impossible) they will need 250times*15mins=3750mins(62h) of game play to have a VIP for a week!

Adding to that the server AC works with players info/level.

If we want to bring your idea to life they will have to change AC settings and spend too much time scripting which will add even more bugs to the server.

If you want to add a feature like this you should build server arround it.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 05:53:46 pm »
I prefer the scoring system I suggested, or YoMama's

Your suggestion,

• Only encourages non-VIPs to play the gamemode. From my experience, the typical player ignoring the gamemode is a VIP. Newbies tend to take it more seriously, they know they just joined Protect the President and they act in consequence.
  • Encourages protecting presidents that don't really need protection. If you were aiming for score and free VIP weapons, would you waste your time protecting president BRAZILIAN_GAMER92_HUEHUE? No, you would do something else until someone likely to survive became the president, like a player who is very good at stunting, or that simply won't be attacked by most of the server. And we both know BRAZILIAN_GAMER92 needs the protection much more than our professional stunter.
  • Instead, you are likely to try to kill BRAZILIAN_GAMER92, as it is an easier task than protecting him. And that's exactly the opposite of what BRAZILIAN_GAMER92 needs to enjoy a fair game. (NOTE: BRAZILIAN_GAMER92 is a name I made up, it could be any newbie)

But it could be fixed if...

• Rewards weren't VIP weapons, but grenades, paintjobs, parachutes without health loss, fire extinguisers..., so that also VIPs could participate.
  • If the president has more online hours than you do or is a VIP, you get score by killing him. Otherwise, you don't.
  • If the president has less online hours than you do and, if you are a VIP, s/he is not a VIP, you get score by protecting him. Otherwise, you don't.
(NOTE: VIP also includes staff members)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 05:57:44 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Luka

• VIP
  • Score: 20091
  • LuKa[PPLV]
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 06:04:55 pm »
Even if we assume that everytime they play sec they manage to protect the president (which is pretty much impossible) they will need 250times*15mins=3750mins(62h) of game play to have a VIP for a week!

Adding to that the server AC works with players info/level.

If we want to bring your idea to life they will have to change AC settings and spend too much time scripting which will add even more bugs to the server.

If you want to add a feature like this you should build server arround it.
scared to get killed with my sniper?