Author Topic: Spy  (Read 6757 times)

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
Re: Spy
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2016, 12:12:40 pm »
What is the point? I don't see how the spy would be able to do anything helpful for either side. I quote Ricky on this:

It's better to improve the current game play with small modifications to keep it modernised/up to date. The basic concept of PTP is what makes it great - there's no need to over-complicate it.

It would help the opposing team by sending the spy to know their tactics. And having a new class would be exciting for the old players since there is something new
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 12:15:55 pm by Storm »

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2016, 12:36:32 pm »
PTP is succesful, among other reasons, because it's very simple and easy to learn. Don't add more classes :p
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2016, 12:37:40 pm »
PTP is succesful, among other reasons, because it's very simple and easy to learn. Don't add more classes :p

I don't think this spy thing is complex at all. Everyone can understand what their role is

Offline pRiMoZ

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2016, 02:00:36 pm »

I don't think this spy thing is complex at all. Everyone can understand what their role is
people can't understand that they can't shoot on the spawn and that civilians are not a team...xD

Offline Satvik

• VIP
  • Score: 11218
  • Banned!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 02:05:43 pm »

Btw she is right for the first time! xD J/k <3
No need to add more class, i agree with Araine

Offline Ricky

• VIP
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 01:56:17 am »
This whole spy thing just doesn't fit into the classic game mode of PTP for me - maybe that's just my opinion. It makes it feel tacky and unnecessarily and somewhat of a gimmick i.e. doesn't add considerable value.

I think time would be better spent by improving the existing classes with more commands specific to their task. One idea that regularly popped in to my mind was that the Police class should be able to place a blockade of some kind (obviously with some restrictions) or terrorists can have sub-classes within with focus on what they want to do. Perhaps one with the current weapons, one that is explosives/heavy based and perhaps something else. Also, civilians should have some different things between them.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2016, 02:19:50 am »
This whole spy thing just doesn't fit into the classic game mode of PTP for me - maybe that's just my opinion. It makes it feel tacky and unnecessarily and somewhat of a gimmick i.e. doesn't add considerable value.

I think time would be better spent by improving the existing classes with more commands specific to their task. One idea that regularly popped in to my mind was that the Police class should be able to place a blockade of some kind (obviously with some restrictions) or terrorists can have sub-classes within with focus on what they want to do. Perhaps one with the current weapons, one that is explosives/heavy based and perhaps something else. Also, civilians should have some different things between them.

Yeah, like maybe that sub-class of Terrorists can have Satchels (sticky bombs) so they can plant them on the road or wherever and kill the President that way. It would certainly add more diversity to the game mode and the strategy of surviving.

As for the Spy class, nah. It just won't fit into the game mode nicely.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2016, 04:09:01 pm »
This whole spy thing just doesn't fit into the classic game mode of PTP for me...
As for the Spy class, nah. It just won't fit into the game mode nicely.
So, -1.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.