Author Topic: "Is this mod allowed?" and other mod-related questions for staff and players  (Read 25306 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
Since there isn't a consolidated topic for this, I'm creating one.

The current guideline for mods is usually this:
If it's a strictly aesthetic modification, it should be fine.
..but that doesn't cover mods which make other changes like bug fixes, or mods which may have effects in other players' games that are not always obvious to the user nor unfair to other players (like the infamous light mods).

If you would like to use a mod, but you are not sure if it is legal in-game and/or tested in the server, post it here to get answers from staff and other players to solve your own dilemma and to provide a reference for others.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
I'll start:

I'm not a big modder, but I do have an interest in modding the game to remove annoying things which don't affect anyone but me. For example, I have had a no-clouds mod for years to remove clouds which aren't synced between players (if they were synced, I'd be hiding in them with my Rustler ;) ). I've assumed this was legal because it fits the "aesthetic modification which doesn't give an advantage" criteria.

I just found this SAMP addon mod, which says that it might solve a particularly annoying issue for me, the crappy object draw distance which often results in me hitting trees which my computer could easily render long before I see them, but doesn't because of SA:MP's limitations. It also says it fixes the engine sound bug in aircraft, some crashes, and much more. I think I've seen this mod in other players' videos and would like to try it, but is it allowed?

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
Creating this topic was a good call, a great variety of mods has been created so far and a certain platform should exist to discuss them.

From what I can see, Yomama, all the features of the modifications that you referenced in your post serve to improve the performance of your game and/or make it more user-friendly. The bugs that are being fixed are minor nuisances and by no means decisive factors in overpowering your opponents in the game.

Also, modifying or even removing objects that you can normally drive, fly or shoot through, such as clouds or tree leaves, shouldn't be a problem. It affects one small portion of your game without giving an overall unfair advantage. It won't help you if you're a crappy pilot/shooter. On the other hand, if you're a good one, it might help you one tiny iota, but not more. Such modifications can notably increase the performance quality, particularly for people with low-end computers, so they're allowed if they don't include certain bugs that do indeed give players a visibly unfair advantage (such as the no-health-loss-when-falling bug encountered in the crashfix modification).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:15:48 pm by Nikola »

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 102450
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
IS PED.IFP ALLOWED?
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 08:22:12 pm »
Hey guys i just wanted to ask if ped.ifp allowed it is the changed animations in game. Here if ur confused:
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 119472
  • Menace 2 Society
Re: IS PED.IFP ALLOWED?
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 10:34:57 pm »
Yes it is
It doesnt affect others gameplay so yeah

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 11:41:56 pm »
If you change your normal ped.ifp to a modified ped.ifp, you have advantage over players because some of the animations have change and make you unstoppable to kill and hard to shoot at you so if you get caught using it, you will be Banned by admins, and the reason is Anims or Animations Abuse.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 12:38:08 pm by Nemesis »

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 148392
I guess Animation mods are not allowed because some time ago there was a discussion about Animation abuse to death evade, few Animations were giving advantage to the player by not receiveing damages from the other players shots so if you caught using that kind of anims then don't blame AC again  ::) :D

Offline iDanz0r

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
It shouldn't be allowed as it gives you more advantage during jumping or falling. It may increase your speed of action of jump/fall and you will take less damage due to different physics of your character's action such as being shot at while you are half way on air. There are certain ped.ifp mods that performs front flip whenever you jump.
Many communities disallow this mod. Shouldn't be allowed here as well since this gamemode is entirely on deathmatching.
If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them Angry.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
Samp add-ons are full of bugs, me and nero had experienced something that give you advantage and biggest one is auto gernade spawn. I think nero will explain it better so wait for his reply.

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 148392
Samp add-ons are full of bugs, me and nero had experienced something that give you advantage and biggest one is auto gernade spawn. I think nero will explain it better so wait for his reply.
nothing much to explain, it just respawns granade without going far or anywhere, i guess it was not just because of Addon, it was eventually fixed and only happened to just two of us so can't say how much Addon is buggy, still Addon is not illegal to use because that Granade bug was occured unknowingly.

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 102450
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 04:52:19 pm »
If you change your normal ped.ifp to a modified ped.ifp, you have advantage over players because some of the animations have change and make you unstoppable to kill and hard to shoot at you so if you get caught using it, you will be Banned by admins, and the reason is Anims or Animations Abuse.
I have a ped.ifp that doesnt include "EXTRA BUTTONS TO PARKOUR" or "INCREASE OR DECREASE THE NORMAL ANIM" I tried that ped.ifp in my normal gta  sa it makes jump or fall same time as normal  gta sa.
I think that one is allowed and i tried once on uif And i took dmg and gave dmg properly i tried with my bro
"[pb]fish_sheep" i saw his computer while i use the ped.ifp and anim he gave me proper dmg in uif i think its
probably allowed.
PLIS JONNE LET ME USE THIS SHET.
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 119472
  • Menace 2 Society
Is sprinthook allowed?

Sprinthook - An asi mod which allows you to sprint, without having to rapidly tap the spacebar. when you hold down the spacebar it sprints as if you are tapping it rapidly

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
Is sprinthook allowed?

Sprinthook - An asi mod which allows you to sprint, without having to rapidly tap the spacebar. when you hold down the spacebar it sprints as if you are tapping it rapidly
Don't think so as that is an advantage , it may have an affect of making you run faster overall possibly.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
Is sprinthook allowed?

That would be a cheat.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
Is sprinthook allowed?

Any mod that allows you to do something you normally aren't able to do is forbidden