Author Topic: Restrict president bike mega jumps  (Read 13216 times)

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
Restrict president bike mega jumps
« on: July 27, 2018, 02:24:59 am »
Let's make it clear

• 80% (or even more maybe?) of the players don't know how to mega jump with bicycles.
  • If you don't know how to mega jump, you can't really keep up with a president who is mega jumping (unless you can carry out a very lucky kamikaze, of course).
  • This results in an enormous part of the server that can't really participate in the gamemode, whether attacking or defending, unless they learn how to abuse a bug.
  • PTP has always been, in general, a bug free server. This means that you can play just like everyone else as long as you understand the game controls and have a bit of strategy. No hidden tricks, everybody has the same chance from the beginning. In my opinion, forcing every attacker and defender to learn a bug really goes against the philosophy of the server.
  • I don't know about you, but I know how to mega jump and I still find really hard to get to shoot the president. They can simply spend the whole round hopping on buildings and, as soon as you hop on, they hop off from the opposite corner. And, on top of this, bicycles are indestructible.

I would make president lose health while on a bicycle, just like in aircraft or water (in which the president is way more vulnerable, btw), or maybe apply some kind of punishment when mega jumping (losing a bit of HP, removing the president for the bike and forcing him to get on again, despawn health and armor pickups...).
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
Re: Restrict president bike mega jumps
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 02:54:58 am »
Hello,

Sorry, but I think that the president can use any tactic, any way or any thing which none of them should be against the rules to survive. It’s his/her duty to survive.
Just like mentioned in this topic https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=3933.0

Both are the same cases, terrorists need much effort to get the president, so I don’t think any of them should be implemented as i got convinced that president can use any way to survive.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 03:06:39 am »
+1

MTB is simply too OP.

Can't Helikill,Can't pop tires, can't destroy,Smaller than Motorbikes (hard to aim at),Best thing to DB with, and vertical boost with decent horizontal speed makes it very easy to just skip through dividers,walls,deadends and what not.

I also suggest to evenly divide MTB spawns to suit each class, 90% of MTB users are President or Civilians. If Penalty system is implemented for president, Civilians would become the OP ones and would cause imbalance.
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 03:14:59 am »
How are you defining a "mega jump"? You mean the one where you spam jump when you are landing from a previous jump, or the one where you spam the shoot button while jumping? I don't do the glitch jumps unless the person I'm chasing does them, but it's often hard to tell so I might be at a disadvantage there. I agree that it's an issue if you don't know how to do it, but then the solution could also just be to teach people.

I'm not sure how I feel about making it illegal. I don't think it's that big of an issue, first off, but if it really is, then I think it would be better to have a command or menu in game that tells you what the allowed bugs are, and how to perform them. Then people have a better idea of what's hacking and what's bugging, and everyone is theoretically on a more level playing field.

I hate the idea of making the President lose health for just being on a bicycle. It's just not a solution, particularly when you'd be punishing, as you put it, 80+% of the server for something that a fraction of 20-% of the server do as President. I do agree that Greg LeMond Presidents are often unreasonably difficult to stop, even if you can keep up, because you can't have a gunner on a bike (easily) and it's difficult to driveby him and not the bike, which is invincible. I think it would be better to make the bike's health actually mean something. If the bike's health gets down to 250, blow it up like a car or better, make it "break" (unable to speed up, like you can't pedal). It would maybe be nice to give it a little more health than a car to start with, just so it isn't completely useless.

I think that the president can use any tactic, any way or any thing which none of them should be against the rules to survive. It’s his/her duty to survive.

Both are the same cases, terrorists need much effort to get the president, so I don’t think any of them should be implemented as i got convinced that president can use any way to survive.
When are you making your post suggesting that the President be able to fly Rustlers? It doesn't require nearly as much effort to kill a Rustler-flying President as the types of Presidents that you are now championing.

MTB is simply too OP.
Not really, it's just a little broken in the right hands, but not irreparably. I say that as someone who's not too great with them.

Can't Helikill,Can't pop tires, can't destroy,Smaller than Motorbikes (hard to aim at),Best thing to DB with, and vertical boost with decent horizontal speed makes it very easy to just skip through dividers,walls,deadends and what not.
You can't helikill because they're vehicles, they're slow, they can't take a passenger, they are not good to DB with at all (unless I'm really missing something), it's the rider who's hard to aim at, and the jumping just goes with the territory. See my suggestions for fixing this above- the biggest problem is that the bike itself has unlimited health and takes most of the shots, and my suggestion would fix that.

I also suggest to evenly divide MTB spawns to suit each class, 90% of MTB users are President or Civilians. If Penalty system is implemented for president, Civilians would become the OP ones and would cause imbalance.
I don't get how this would improve anything.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:20:48 am by YoMama »

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 05:01:01 am »
+1

Offline Lizard_Person

• VIP
  • Score: 9026
  • A rehabilitated retard
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 07:12:12 am »
I don't really agree. Yes, Mega Jumps is a powerful tool, which helps the president a lot, but so are the chainsaws. Both are OP when in the hands of a professional player, but for me, only mega jumping is the reason I survive while being the president, because sometimes, the security and the police don't always want to help the president, they just go kill terrorists, so the president is driven to use mega jumps just to survive. I, for example, stay in one place for a minute or two, then move to another place across town, or, even ride around the city, while the terrorists are on my tale

So -1 to this suggestion

I would make president lose health while on a bicycle, just like in aircraft or water (in which the president is way more vulnerable, btw), or maybe apply some kind of punishment when mega jumping (losing a bit of HP...).

But +1 to this suggestion
Safe for work content only. Done with that retard shit.

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 08:35:18 am »
Decrease health whenever pres abuses this bug, (maybe detect the height if the jump). It's okay if civs do ut, they r not worth attacking/chasing anyway.

Offline Lizard_Person

• VIP
  • Score: 9026
  • A rehabilitated retard
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 09:05:03 am »
Decrease health whenever pres abuses this bug, (maybe detect the height if the jump). It's okay if civs do ut, they r not worth attacking/chasing anyway.

Why not doing the same with area 69 ?
Safe for work content only. Done with that retard shit.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 09:14:48 am »
It’s actually not that hard to kill the president when being in bmx, I personally killed many using sniper and spas(if i find the video i will share it). It is kind of op but we need to deal with it, Presidents must be able to do what ever it takes to survive and mtb bikes are part of the game, we don’t need to make exceptions for presidents in using it.

@Yomama,

President flying rustler ? I don’t mind either, i’ll just take a rustler having a person on the wing and chase the president. Same goes with bmx, sniper and spas would be really helpful for it.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 03:22:59 pm »

You can't helikill because they're vehicles, they're slow, they can't take a passenger, they are not good to DB with at all (unless I'm really missing something), it's the rider who's hard to aim at, and the jumping just goes with the territory. See my suggestions for fixing this above- the biggest problem is that the bike itself has unlimited health and takes most of the shots, and my suggestion would fix that.

Won't really say MTB is slow at all consider it has is faster acceleration than most cars uphill and is pretty agile in tightly packed city areas and corners, and ye it's slower than NRG and can be DB'd while jumping and if you manage to control your wheelie well you can pretty much have a semi free aim.

But yes I agree with your fix to this.
%

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 03:51:49 pm »

Why not doing the same with area 69 ?
What about area 69? If you are referring to blocking enterance of area 69, then it is not even a bug to punish for. And, people don't need to learn how to block entrance. They need to learn to use that hoping bug tho.

This is exactly why i didn't suggest health penalty for riding a bicycle , but only for abusing the mega hop bug.

Offline Harvey

• VIP
  • Score: 30196

Offline Cyrus_

• VIP
  • Score: 26973
  • ThuG 4 Life
    • ThuG : True Heroes Under God
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 03:42:27 am »
I think Terror Must Try hard To get president
This Thing is Not  needed and president must be free to use mega jump

So -1

with respect   
 Thug.
⭐⭐✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ Lil Thug ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪⭐⭐
[/cen

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 07:29:30 am »
If presi is megajumping, use rustler tactics and it will be easy to chase.

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138973
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 09:38:19 am »
I think Terror Must Try hard To get president
This Thing is Not  needed and president must be free to use mega jump

So -1

with respect   
 Thug.