Author Topic: Discussion about playing style  (Read 8494 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Discussion about playing style
« on: March 27, 2017, 04:29:04 pm »
I humbly ask everyone to stop polluting style's topic with irrelevant things. Please, continue here if you want to.

Favoritism is part of everything whether you like it or not.
Do you seriously think that we should accept everything wrong and corrupt just because it surrounds us everywhere?

By your logic of Favoritism(Nepotism), we would have to completely remove the "CLANS" system which is existed in SA-MP from its beginning.
You've got my point, Manish. Well, not exactly. There's nothing wrong in clans themselves. The thing that freaks me out is the universal rule of mutual non-attacking which is present in every clan ruleset. But the way you talk about it as of something totally unthinkable astonishes me. Why can't you stand even mere concept of granting everyone more or less equal gaming experience? Without looking back at the nicknames and your friends...

Everyone has a different way of playing the game which can possibly pissed off some players but as long the rules of the servers are respected there's no point of whining about it.
Not "some players", but concrete, well-known group of players: newbies and the ones who dare to confront regulars. I am not even talking about me or Mia or Litt. Of the last examples I remember the guy called Tunico. He often plays cop and he is just following his duty, killing civilians and terrorists - mostly with his heli. Oh, how much cursing, trash and shit has been spilled on him in the chats! By our respected, "intelligent" clan members, dignified regulars.

So, that was needed here. Nepotism is another thing that kills my country from inside. Up to the highest branches of power there are people who are totally incompetent, but instead they are friendies of their supervisors! It doesn't matter that no diversionist could've achieved his evil goals better than those people. And I see a clear projection of it on our server, which makes me sad.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Tounsix

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Discussion about playing style
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 04:55:14 pm »
This is useless af,Not all the regulars are my freinds and not all the regulars are my enemies,I got a lot of styles,But this is how I play when players teams up on me But sadly they get mad when I do the same to them.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 05:00:09 pm »
Well I like the clans of PTP existing in server and I like the way how they play. Because I think it brings more challange to PTP game with little company in it.

Like as mini mafia's ruling around in city. But let me think if it was just like the way you supporting "play the gamemode". Yeah it's more fun in the old times of PTP. As I can see, newbies coming around, killing a few player and then acting like "I'm boss" here. They gets in some showing off style around.. No respecting others. So the oldschool gangbang works for them then! That's why people ganging up on that assholes.

But if it was like as my chillhood times just like 10 years ago in PTP, people was showing some respect, even they were trying to teach eachother some skills, practising together and earning respect with some friendship even they were killing eachother those times.

Now I can see, people just acting like they are boss when they kill a few players. Also if you guys even remember a topic called "PTP History" topic in old PTP forum, then you guys can realize I also supported "play the gamemode" idea as it has supposed to be. But now, time is changed, facts changed. Even you guys are ganging up to kill some enemies and this a choice. Personal choices cannot be getting judge in my opinion.

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Niks

• VIP
  • Score: 67011
  • GgT <3
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 06:18:40 pm »
Lel

A new topic about discussing how we play for now? 

Discussing the things which have no feet (will take towards no results)
I wish altus is not a reason for the armour fight restrictions on old PTP
New version coming for Plan B: (No clans)

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 06:38:10 pm »
hmm .. yeah .. hmm altus play the game mode as a terrorist by chasing every vip in civilian class (poor Arabiane  :'(  ) instead of killing the president ! nice  ;D.
i'll tell you something mr altus :
i don't knew why all this talk about the playing style,and i saw you talking about this for along time.
this is a game you can do everything you want with 1 obligation that is without breaking server rules ...
sometimes i want to fight so i play like your style altus but sometimes i just join to play with some friends like city wok or other pplvs without iven playing the game mode,so you will judge me about this ?
play like you want,nobody told you that your style is bad,and try to convince others to stick in playing the game mode.
about regulars who doesn't shoot each others,i'm with you in one thing that if you don't want to shoot someone in the other team then choose civilian class or the same team as your friend, but don't tell me that i should shoot everybody and just play the game mode .
for me i like the style that i play with city_wok : by choosing civilian class then we choose our side .
and i'm(we) still here playing ptp not because i like the game mode but because of players who i like playing with,and when i don't see any one of them playing i have no interest in joining the server .
conclusion :
what altus want to say is that'' regulars should kill each others,respect your duty !  ''
regulars are doing this, rarely when its not happening,don't be pessimistic altus demens :(  .

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2017, 08:01:24 pm »
Get some friends! :p

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 46597
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 08:06:25 pm »
Get some friends! :p
Imao

On topic: Just play and fun  ;D

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 08:55:22 pm »
+1 useless post

Offline Tounsix

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 09:18:07 pm »
I shower naked  ;D

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 09:32:30 pm »
Now I can see, people just acting like they are boss when they kill a few players. Also if you guys even remember a topic called "PTP History" topic in old PTP forum, then you guys can realize I also supported "play the gamemode" idea as it has supposed to be. But now, time is changed, facts changed. Even you guys are ganging up to kill some enemies and this a choice. Personal choices cannot be getting judge in my opinion.
pretty much

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 09:40:05 pm »
Well I like the clans of PTP existing in server and I like the way how they play. Because I think it brings more challange to PTP game with little company in it.

Like as mini mafia's ruling around in city.

Yes, in fact that could be positive if the objective of those mini mafias was to exploit the strength of unity in order to fight other mini mafias. Unfortunately, the objective of these groups is unclear, as there are no clear allies or enemies, and you just don't shoot any regular regardless of the mini mafia he belongs to, if any. There are conflicts between mini mafias/clans, but let's be honest, they are nothing more than an anecdote, and they are usually very short in time and strongly based on hard feelings rather than on an interest in fair play.

For example, the reason why I asked Altus for our first team-up ever (aw!) was because we both considered that we could be stronger together. So I guess that's why our mini mafia was created, to fight other mini mafias with some odds to succeed. If we had been planning to make peace with all the other mini mafias we could've stayed on our own.

hmm .. yeah .. hmm altus play the game mode as a terrorist by chasing every vip in civilian class (poor Arabiane  :'(  ) instead of killing the president ! nice  ;D.

Haha, well, this is a bit off-topic, but I'm tired of hearing that. You really need to stop expecting us to let you go when you are civilian. We aren't that silly, we know you are not going to try to kill us as a civilian unless the circumstances are perfect for you to win. Why would we wait until then to attack you?

About the rest of your reply. We know this is not against any server rule, otherwise the forum server probably wouldn't survive the report flood hehe. It's all about empathy. We understand it's easier for everybody, including ourselves, to win by not messing with experienced and sometimes skilled players. It's just less fun and less fair, in my opinion.

The other day killerNazi was playing as president in the aircraft carrier, as he usually does, and he was complaining that the round was boring. There were like 5-10 regular players at that moment, and I was the only one trying to kill him. The rest was trying to prevent me from making it. Result: +1 president survival in killerNazi's stats, 5-10 regulars doing nothing for 15 minutes and a small weak group of terrorists unsuccessfully trying to get to the carrier and do something useful.
At that moment I answered killerNazi that that's what being presi is like when you have peace with almost every potential threat. For some reason he got my point, and it looks like now he wants to change his playing style.
This is a good example of why it is less fun.

To show you why it is less fair, I'm going to source to my stunning art:
Imagine a group of 4 terrorists meets a group of 4 cops. 3 terrorists are regulars and 1 is a newbie, the same goes for the terrorists. If the situation was like this, it would be an even fight between 8 people in balanced teams: 3 strong players, 1 weak player in each team.

But unfortunately, what would happen in PTP is:

Result: each newbie has to deal with 4 players, which are presumably way stronger than him. Each regular only has to deal with 1 player who is presumably way weaker than him.
Result 2: the newbie gets frustrated because it's literally impossible to win such a fight, not even in a million attempts.

Solution: the 4 players fight the 4 players.

Also, you really need to stop acting like when someone shoots you he's looking down on you, trying to hurt your honour or to prove something. It is possible to shoot each other for fun and accept the victory or the defeat.

PS1: I don't know why this post is in the off-topic board, since it's totally PTP-related.  ::)
PS2: I'm not adding anything else unless there are someone replies with reasoned arguments against what I said above.

Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Tounsix

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 10:08:37 pm »
What's the matter of  this topic? We like to play that way and everyone is having fun,If you like your style keep it for urself.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2017, 10:45:38 pm »
What's the matter of  this topic? We like to play that way and everyone is having fun,If you like your style keep it for urself.

Some humans have that strange habit of sharing points of view and showing interest for what the others think.
If you think everybody is having fun, you didn't read my message above, you didn't understand it or you disagree. If we're on the 3rd case, you're perfectly free to try to explain your reasons.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline SLiKkeZ[GgT]

• VIP
  • =[GgT]=founder and lover
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2017, 11:37:11 pm »
Mia you made me think about my playing style.
I think its good. Im not the best but i try to make a difference when there is a regular as a presi and no one tries.

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2017, 01:17:40 am »
I shower naked  ;D
Nudes or dindu happen!  8)

BE A MAN FIRST, THEN YOU CAN TALK TO US!

Lets talk another 100 posts about how humble vips are:
1. Playing one team
2. If playing different teams - do not attack each other
3. Stalking newb
4. Crying about stats
5. Crying in the chat
6. Camping at armor (civs, terrors, cops, all together at 1 time)
7. Running to armor after each kill
8. Abusing vip features
9. Crying in the forums about things that can be abused by non-vips
10. Making posts that all above is their "playstyle"

You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.