Author Topic: [Added]Suggestions to increase president survival chances  (Read 11435 times)

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
Re: Suggestions to increase president survival chances
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2017, 01:27:16 pm »
If you want to "increase the president survival chances", maybe you should start by playing the game as it's supposed to be instead of bothering Jonne with scripts that wouldn't be needed if unnatural cop-terrorist alliances weren't your daily routine. As long as the president depends on a bunch of confused newbies to survive, this is going to remain the same. If one day cops (especially those cops who are also regulars and skilled players) start shooting all the terrorists (especially the most dangerous ones for the president), killing the president might become an actual, challenging and fun struggle.

Apart from that, there's a problem in those maps where the terrorists spawn much closer to the president than cops. This issue is obvious, for example, in San Fierro. Terrorists can reach the president without finding practically any resistance on their way.
Moving some spawns could be possibility...
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline MAR.

• Score: Unknown
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2017, 05:46:17 pm »

Offline Piu

• "Don't make the same mistakes I did."
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 07:59:46 pm »
Okay nice suggestions But it's too long we should try to add this
+1

When I'm the Conqueror

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 10:52:32 pm »
If you want to "increase the president survival chances", maybe you should start by playing the game as it's supposed to be instead of bothering Jonne with scripts that wouldn't be needed if unnatural cop-terrorist alliances weren't your daily routine. As long as the president depends on a bunch of confused newbies to survive, this is going to remain the same. If one day cops (especially those cops who are also regulars and skilled players) start shooting all the terrorists (especially the most dangerous ones for the president), killing the president might become an actual, challenging and fun struggle.

I don't understand why you fail to realize this. IF we someday make a rule against the 'selective killing' that most players do, the community (that you say is a mess now) will be much worse . You will see most of the players getting butthurt after getting killed and then trying to insult and invite you to duel. They won't play the gm, but surely get obsessed with hunting you down. It's all okay but now the bad part is that they might include their whole clan into that mess. And bam, flashback to the times PTP was full of clanwars. Of course we have 3 armours to deal with that but NO regular will be playing PTP then, they will be picking sides and join the cops vs terro.

If you don't agree , pls try recording your game for a day and notice how obsessed players can be to hunt you down for like hours, instead of playing the GM while all you tried to do is to actually play the gm and eliminate those on your way. This obsession and hatred will not help the PTP gamemode but just bring more participants in the cops vs terro thing.

That rule , if successfully enforced,  (hard job but let's assume) will hardly do any good to the PTP gamemode. You simply can't predict that it will help the Gamemode for sure, but I know that chat will be spammed and there will be more of that cops vs terro thing. So, nope, imma still try bothering jonne with scripts.

Maybe make a topic about discussing this issue(removing all clans might be a solution) or to request admins to try enforcing duty in all classes for a trial period just to see how it ends up. (literally it will end up lol)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:05:43 pm by Saurabh »

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 04:11:13 am »
I don't understand why you fail to realize this. IF we someday make a rule against the 'selective killing' that most players do, the community (that you say is a mess now) will be much worse . You will see most of the players getting butthurt after getting killed and then trying to insult and invite you to duel. They won't play the gm, but surely get obsessed with hunting you down. It's all okay but now the bad part is that they might include their whole clan into that mess. And bam, flashback to the times PTP was full of clanwars. Of course we have 3 armours to deal with that but NO regular will be playing PTP then, they will be picking sides and join the cops vs terro.

If you don't agree , pls try recording your game for a day and notice how obsessed players can be to hunt you down for like hours, instead of playing the GM while all you tried to do is to actually play the gm and eliminate those on your way. This obsession and hatred will not help the PTP gamemode but just bring more participants in the cops vs terro thing.

That rule , if successfully enforced,  (hard job but let's assume) will hardly do any good to the PTP gamemode. You simply can't predict that it will help the Gamemode for sure, but I know that chat will be spammed and there will be more of that cops vs terro thing. So, nope, imma still try bothering jonne with scripts.

Maybe make a topic about discussing this issue(removing all clans might be a solution) or to request admins to try enforcing duty in all classes for a trial period just to see how it ends up. (literally it will end up lol)

As far as I remember I've never suggested or supported addition of any new rule on this matter, but anyways. We already have enough rules to follow in real life, I'd rather this server to be a place for everyone to have fun their way and spend their time ingame however they prefer. Once said this, I have to say "selective killing" (as you call it haha) is ridicolous and, in some sort of way, fraudulent. For example, the other day I was watching SwirlyMan's 1000 president kills video. It was fun, yes, but it felt like he wasn't playing fairly. Because those 1000 president kills aren't fair as long as you get them while the cops that are capable of stopping you simply watch. Do I consider this a fraudulent way to get president kills? Yes, I do. What to do about it? Well, I guess it's better to let his conscience handle it, rather than admins.

"Selective killing" causes raging and conflicts because is not normalized. If you, Saurabh from RD, get killed by Mr_X from clan SuperCoolSquad, it means Mr_X no longer respects your non aggression agreement. It means he wants to challenge you, because you aren't worth making an agreement with. He considers you weak, just like any other newbie.
What does it mean if Altus or me shoot you? Nothing at all lol. We shoot everyone and it's perfectly normal. Nobody takes offence at that nowadays. And if anyone does, it usually takes only a short explanation for them to take it easy.
Summing up: make shooting each other a big deal, people will react like that. Make it your daily routine, people won't bat an eye. Source: Self-experience.

I can't simply predict it? Lol, ok. Maybe I've gone bananas, but I think that killing terrorists DOES help the president to increase his chances. Watching the terrorists while they make meatballs from the presi DOES NOT help the president to increase his chances.
I think the goal of this suggestiom WAS to help the president to increase his chances. Therefore, I'm suggesting killing terrorists as a solution :)

There was topic discussing this, but it has been inactive for months now:
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=1269.0
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 04:57:14 am »
I think adding slot for security will increase the president's chance to survive since most of the newbies select security

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 11:22:47 am »
Maybe I've gone bananas, but I think that killing terrorists DOES help the president to increase his chances. Watching the terrorists while they make meatballs from the presi DOES NOT help the president to increase his chances.
I think the goal of this suggestiom WAS to help the president to increase his chances. Therefore, I'm suggesting killing terrorists as a solution :)

I agree, this was a big problem. Hell, even I was not following my duty as a Security to the fullest sometimes because some of my friends happened to be Terrorists and were after the President.
But based from what I've seen since I started playing again, this doesn't happen anymore nearly as much as it did in the past. People are now doing what they're supposed to in that regard, at least most of the time.

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2017, 12:53:37 pm »
As far as I remember
As fat as I remember, in mine topic you were saying that it is ok how cops and terrors are playing now.
But now you are talking about "selective kills" and pushing them to play gm.
The fuck?
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2017, 04:01:15 pm »
As far as I remember
As fat as I remember, in mine topic you were saying that it is ok how cops and terrors are playing now.
The fuck?
We already have enough rules to follow in real life, I'd rather this server to be a place for everyone to have fun their way and spend their time ingame however they prefer.

You have an interesting an idea of what "pushing" someone is. As I said in the other topic and in this one, people find their doses of fun in different aspects of the game and since the objective of this community is to get a little dose of fun, there's no point in setting restrictions. Of course, some of us believe the server would be fairer and more welcoming if a great part of players changed some of their anti-gamemode behavours. That's why I'm trying to raise awareness. I'm definitely not pushing: firstly because I have zero power to push anyone to do anything, secondly because persuading is more effctive than forcing... At least on the long term.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2017, 07:28:46 pm »
That's why I'm trying to raise awareness.
Ayyyy lmao.  ;D
Can i ask you how exactly do you "raise awareness"
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2017, 01:18:52 am »
As far as I remember
The fuck?
We already have enough rules to follow in real life, I'd rather this server to be a place for everyone to have fun their way and spend their time ingame however they prefer.

You have an interesting an idea of what "pushing" someone is. As I said in the other topic and in this one, people find their doses of fun in different aspects of the game and since the objective of this community is to get a little dose of fun, there's no point in setting restrictions. Of course, some of us believe the server would be fairer and more welcoming if a great part of players changed some of their anti-gamemode behavours. That's why I'm trying to raise awareness. I'm definitely not pushing: firstly because I have zero power to push anyone to do anything, secondly because persuading is more effctive than forcing... At least on the long term.

I agree with this point.

That's why I'm trying to raise awareness.
Ayyyy lmao.  ;D
Can i ask you how exactly do you "raise awareness"

You don't read their essays ?

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2017, 04:51:06 pm »
For example, the other day I was watching SwirlyMan's 1000 president kills video. It was fun, yes, but it felt like he wasn't playing fairly. Because those 1000 president kills aren't fair as long as you get them while the cops that are capable of stopping you simply watch. Do I consider this a fraudulent way to get president kills? Yes, I do. What to do about it? Well, I guess it's better to let his conscience handle it, rather than admins
I agree. But I(and most of us) would prefer choosing security if we really want to stay near presi and protect him. Cops are there to chase down terros but yea if they don't protect presi when near him, then it is both silly and shameful.

If you, Saurabh from RD, get killed by Mr_X from clan SuperCoolSquad, it means Mr_X no longer respects your non aggression agreement. It means he wants to challenge you, because you aren't worth making an agreement with. He considers you weak, just like any other newbie.
As i mentioned above, rage and bashing about skills part is okay in a multiplayer game, we can't really expect much from others in an internet game. It is not what i think the problem will be, we already have such stuff going on. The problem i wanted to highlight is that there will be more cops vs terro/endless clan wars and i am sure the president will be left with no one to protect him and of course no one to attack him either (except the civilians and the terros that actually want to play KTP). Cops will be busy fighting terrorist and the only class left to protect presi will be the security class full of only newbies because most of the regulars will be picking sides and playing cops/terro and others will be civilians.

It might help  the president in a way that some of the regulars in terro team that were earlier interested in killing presi , will now get busy with cops BUT it is not helping the game mode as terros are supposed to be chasing president not getting busy with cops all the time . It will be pretty much like the same scenario again except that the few terros that used to avoid cops and play KTP will now like fighting cops for whole map. This problem can't be fixed with any script or even a new rule. As you said, "raising awareness" or making players realize their roles are the only solutions and I think we should let players think about it themselves.

So again, I still think adding a few scripts will help balancing the chances of president survival/death.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2017, 04:37:08 pm »
Others:
1. Whenever a person picks security class , a brief msg about their duty to be displayed on the screen (right below the hud, below that "time remaining" text). Just copy paste what is mentioned in /duty
A similar thing for president and vice president because most of them are too dumb to even realise that they have to keep themselves safe and not run away without securities.
Not a bad idea, we'll add that for unregistered players.

2. An anti jacking system also for the driver of president. Just like how a security gets slapped for jacking president, the one jacking some president's driver should be slapped. On an average president wastes around 15 seconds in this mess caused by team jacking . As a result , president either leaves the spawn too late or just leave without enough securities.
We can try this as well.

3. Add more slots for security class. I don't know how exactly the team balancing thing works but I'd surely like to have less of those "this class isn't available" for non vip players. Add more slots! Maybe reduce a few from cop class.
I think the security class has enough slots right now. It locks when there's more than a fifth of the server in the class. For example, when there's 20 players, it will lock when there's 5 securities.

4. A +15 armour(only the white bar, NOT the red health bar) for a security that gets a kill near president (including civs because of the civs are isis that kill president). Now this might be hard to script but i think it will surely encourage securities to kill enemies near president and not just watch him getting banged.
 The area should be big enough to like cover whole baseball stadium if the president is standing in the centre of it. That i think should be the prefect radius. The radius of area around president can be discussed/decided by staff.

5. Better cars/bikes at president spawn. Yes, i know how the ptp has themed things (ak 47 for terros, m4 for cops , nrg for terros, police bike for cops, fbi ranchers for security) but there are still few better additions/replacement that we can make.
-> 1-2 pcj 600 bikes at president spawn. Fbi ranchers are easy targets for snipers/spas db so an option of bike might be helpful+ it might help stunt lovers.
-> 1-2 Banshee at president spawn. Looks too fancy to be an official vehicle but adding 1-2 such cars won't ruin the theme.

6. Sniper rifle with 20-30 bullets for vice president. I still believe that some vice presidents actually help president. And a sniper for vice can surely provide good sniper support. This most probably won't be that effective but it is worth giving a try because vice has nothing much to do.
I don't think we should be adding the other suggestions though, since those are a bit more drastic measures, and doesn't really suit PTP in my opinion.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751