Author Topic: [To be added]Scoring system refinements  (Read 8204 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
[To be added]Scoring system refinements
« on: August 09, 2018, 12:16:25 am »
I noticed that a topic like this hasn't shown up, so I figured I'd start it. Here are a few changes that I think could be made to the scoring system to make it better reward people for playing the game:

• Give the driver of a vehicle points when one of his passengers gets points, unless he's the President (the President already has incentive to work as a team without points). If I'm chasing after the President in an NRG and my passenger kills him with a combat shotgun, I did half the work (driving) so I should get half the credit. This would include giving the driver of the president points.
  • Points should be given for destroying a pursuing terrorist's vehicle, not just for killing him (often as effective as killing anyway, since then he's often stuck somewhere).
  • Terrorists should get points for taking down the President's health.

Add yours as well in replies.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 09:40:05 pm by Jonne »

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
Re: Scoring system refinements
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:14:17 am »
  • Give the driver of a vehicle points when one of his passengers gets points, unless he's the President (the President already has incentive to work as a team without points). If I'm chasing after the President in an NRG and my passenger kills him with a combat shotgun, I did half the work (driving) so I should get half the credit. This would include giving the driver of the president points.
  • Points should be given for destroying a pursuing terrorist's vehicle, not just for killing him (often as effective as killing anyway, since then he's often stuck somewhere).
  • Terrorists should get points for taking down the President's health.
  • +1. You say half? I say give same credits as db killer gets. This is because db depends on driving. No driver, no db so its hard to take down 2000 hp, secs full armour all alone. We need this.
  • +1 as well because presi's survival totally depends on cooperation of secs and their teamwork.
  • Not sure tho but I do love to get points after killing presi. Its fun for me and it helps making one courageous enough to go and kill presi for points. In my POV, -1.

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:43:31 am »
There is no point in that point system, so, what is the point in getting more points?
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 07:58:50 am »
There is no point in that point system, so, what is the point in getting more points?
For your information, the scoring system has been changed in recent update. How do you say that we don't get scores eh? Please.  ???
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 08:00:24 am by Deadman™ »

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 11:47:32 am »
Agree for all three. +1
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 09:47:02 pm »
For your information, the scoring system has been changed in recent update. How do you say that we don't get scores eh? Please.  ???
Really? What i said is: there is NO DIFFERENCE if you have 0 points or 100 points.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 10:02:12 pm »
Really? What i said is: there is NO DIFFERENCE if you have 0 points or 100 points.
For now.

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 10:27:04 pm »
For now.
Let me guess. JHON will spend 1 more year to create another "system" of some shitty bonuses, and as base he will use this shitty unsubstantiated "scoring system" where you can get 150 points for doing nothing as president and die in the end AND at the same time where you can cause death of 5 presidents and get in total 0 points?

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2018, 10:29:12 pm »
Let me guess. JHON will spend 1 more year to create another "system" of some shitty bonuses, and as base he will use this shitty unsubstantiated "scoring system" where you can get 150 points for doing nothing as president and die in the end AND at the same time where you can cause death of 5 presidents and get in total 0 points?
And? That's the entire reason that I made this topic- the scoring system doesn't really reflect the game, at least
For now.

How would you improve the scoring system, since you can see the problems with it?

Offline SoLoD

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 11:09:21 pm »
And? That's the entire reason that I made this topic- the scoring system doesn't really reflect the game, at least
And what i am trying to say: JHON will try to build "something" ABOVE this "system that doesn't really reflect the game". And there is NO way to to fix this "non reflect" system. Not only because situations like "you ram president and cause his death but you get 0 points". No. The problem is JHON do not know how this Gamemode MUST BE played. Maybe he will ty to force imbeciles to play PTP Gamemode with his "points and bonuses" system. But his chances to succeed is ZERO. Because he even can not define duty of security.

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2018, 10:28:40 am »
Terrorists should get points for taking down the president's vehicle and they should get a LOT more points for being near the president than security.

The problem with the current system is that as a security, you're just gaining points even if you're not doing anything. As a terrorist, I once didn't receive a single point for nearly killing the president. Terrorists risk far more when they are near the president, they should get MORE points for being near the president than a security who can just camp freely near the president without getting shot all the time.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 03:45:19 pm »
  • Normal Points should be increased from 1 to 2-3 or something. So there maybe space for other gamemode oriented minor points.
  • Points should be balanced in terms of Ratio. Terros should get more points for chasing and kill bonuses if they are outclassed and vice versa.
  • Chase Area should be expanded for Terrorists, getting points for chasing for a position where the secs could demolish you less than 30 seconds is dumb.
  • Cops and Securities should get minor points for killing or damaging the car of people who have killed the Previous President or Teammates (but in a more limited way for this).
  • Because of at times I find myself distracting main threats from terrorist teams at armor and other hotspots away from president if terrorist fellas outclass us by like 4:1 and being near president becomes useless since they will wreck us in close combat anyways and the fellow cops wont do crap to help.
  • Improve the kill system for Rustler, most Rustler peeps don't even get points for the ram or explosions. While it's easier to get kills from other aircrafts.
  • Points for rescuing teammates and President from chaos or deserted spots.
  • Also I'd like to suggest a Ranking System so value of a certain player is known.
    Newbie secs and president would rarely know who is more experienced so having a rank of being a experienced or a good sec/cop based on /duty points and bonuses would make regulars more trust worthy.(Idea based on FlapJack's Suggestion)
    This should only apply for Security and Terrorists.
  • Wanted System for threat level, mainly for Cops/Terro and few Civilians for being sneaky double crossing bastards, Suppose if a certain player from a class(Excluding Secs and President) kills some of your teammates (not for civs) he gets a wanted level, this will mostly help in knowing who is the greater threat at such times and killing the wanted players gives a minor addition of points, less than more gamemode oriented bonuses.

I also agree with suggestions suggested by MegaPilot and YoMama.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 03:47:57 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2018, 04:16:49 am »
  • Normal Points should be increased from 1 to 2-3 or something. So there maybe space for other gamemode oriented minor points.
  • Points should be balanced in terms of Ratio. Terros should get more points for chasing and kill bonuses if they are outclassed and vice versa.
  • Chase Area should be expanded for Terrorists, getting points for chasing for a position where the secs could demolish you less than 30 seconds is dumb.
  • Cops and Securities should get minor points for killing or damaging the car of people who have killed the Previous President or Teammates (but in a more limited way for this).
  • Because of at times I find myself distracting main threats from terrorist teams at armor and other hotspots away from president if terrorist fellas outclass us by like 4:1 and being near president becomes useless since they will wreck us in close combat anyways and the fellow cops wont do crap to help.
  • Improve the kill system for Rustler, most Rustler peeps don't even get points for the ram or explosions. While it's easier to get kills from other aircrafts.
  • Points for rescuing teammates and President from chaos or deserted spots.
  • Also I'd like to suggest a Ranking System so value of a certain player is known.
    Newbie secs and president would rarely know who is more experienced so having a rank of being a experienced or a good sec/cop based on /duty points and bonuses would make regulars more trust worthy.(Idea based on FlapJack's Suggestion)
    This should only apply for Security and Terrorists.
  • Wanted System for threat level, mainly for Cops/Terro and few Civilians for being sneaky double crossing bastards, Suppose if a certain player from a class(Excluding Secs and President) kills some of your teammates (not for civs) he gets a wanted level, this will mostly help in knowing who is the greater threat at such times and killing the wanted players gives a minor addition of points, less than more gamemode oriented bonuses.

I also agree with suggestions suggested by MegaPilot and YoMama.

This looks interesting

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 03:25:02 pm »
I chase a president alone the whole map, damage him from 100HP 50 AP down to 20HP against 2-3 secs + 2 cops alone, and a new player joins,and suddenly outta nowhere a sniper kills president and gets 15 points while I am left with like 7 points+1 Chase Bonus.

Made me RQ.

Nothing much,just a example why Points for President Damage should be awarded rather than just giving the whole prize away for the kill, which can get unfair and in PTP's case Sniper and less effort teammate kill steals are a lot common.
%

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2018, 04:36:48 pm »
I chase a president alone the whole map, damage him from 100HP 50 AP down to 20HP against 2-3 secs + 2 cops alone, and a new player joins,and suddenly outta nowhere a sniper kills president and gets 15 points while I am left with like 7 points+1 Chase Bonus.

Made me RQ.

Nothing much,just a example why Points for President Damage should be awarded rather than just giving the whole prize away for the kill, which can get unfair and in PTP's case Sniper and less effort teammate kill steals are a lot common.
I think terrors are getting scores for chasing president.
So the thing you want to say is give more points to the terrorist who is damage the president or his/her car. Am I right?
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.