Author Topic: Sprees have been removed  (Read 24076 times)

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
Re: Sprees have been removed
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2018, 02:38:48 pm »
i joined today and thought that something was wrong with my sa-mp layout so i rage quit.
Life goals.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2018, 07:10:51 pm »
i joined today and thought that something was wrong with my sa-mp layout so i rage quit.

Lmao gg men

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2018, 08:27:02 pm »
Like a boss!

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2018, 05:29:11 am »
I think this would solve only a half of this problem. Although I was against it when it was suggested but you should also consider removing/changing the score system, if you remove the spree feature for the sake of gamemode. Afterall the current score system is based on the amount of the kills you get rather than your contribution to the gamemode , just like the sprees.
Removing the spree system is certainly a step in the right direction, but yeah, removing the K/D scores would make this even better. Even if it takes a while to create a scoring system that is more representative of the gamemode, it would be nice to have a few simple stats to replace the K/D stats, like keeping track of President kills/kill assists and how often the President survives when a player is security/police.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2018, 03:37:59 pm »
I think this would solve only a half of this problem. Although I was against it when it was suggested but you should also consider removing/changing the score system, if you remove the spree feature for the sake of gamemode. Afterall the current score system is based on the amount of the kills you get rather than your contribution to the gamemode , just like the sprees.
Removing the spree system is certainly a step in the right direction, but yeah, removing the K/D scores would make this even better. Even if it takes a while to create a scoring system that is more representative of the gamemode, it would be nice to have a few simple stats to replace the K/D stats, like keeping track of President kills/kill assists and how often the President survives when a player is security/police.

I agree. The main focus of PTP's /stats should be President Kills/Deaths/Survivals and President Win %, not kills, deaths and k/d ratio

Also add:
  • /toppresikills - for players with most president kills
  • /bestpresis - best survival % as president

And then enable the score system, +5 score when you survive as president, +3 when you kill the president, +3 if you are a security and the president wins and +1 for a normal kill
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:49:16 pm by InferNO »

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2018, 04:00:25 pm »
We can learn a thing or few of the scoring system from the MTA PTP server. It's pretty good and favors the gamemode.
%

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2018, 04:25:14 pm »

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2018, 10:36:14 pm »
Make a spree in killing the president, ez. 
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2018, 10:41:46 pm »
That's brilliant idea 👌

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2018, 12:05:02 am »
That's brilliant idea 👌
Hicham's name would always pop up in the corner then  ;D

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 03:52:34 am »
We can learn a thing or few of the scoring system from the MTA PTP server. It's pretty good and favors the gamemode.
Could you elaborate on this?

I agree. The main focus of PTP's /stats should be President Kills/Deaths/Survivals and President Win %, not kills, deaths and k/d ratio

Also add:
  • /toppresikills - for players with most president kills
  • /bestpresis - best survival % as president

And then enable the score system, +5 score when you survive as president, +3 when you kill the president, +3 if you are a security and the president wins and +1 for a normal kill
I don't like the idea of a "best presis" command. I do have a conflict of interest here, but survival percentage, in my opinion, is not really indicative of skill. Many people have good survival numbers because they are popular, many people refuse to attack them, they only play as President when there aren't good players around to stop them, or when the player count is low, etc. It would be more informative to look at players' President stats in the context of the people they were playing against. Someone who survives once or twice against top players shows more skill than someone who survives 10 times with all the top players on their team. A simple way of rewarding this would be to give points for survival that are based on the skills of each of the opposing players (surviving against an opposing player with 100 president kills over 100 hours of play would give more points than surviving against one with 5 president kills over 50 hours of play, and the points for surviving against each player would be summed up).

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2018, 08:17:34 am »
Trying to kill/protect spreekeeper was the most exciting thing on todays ptp. Well done with deleting it. Well fucking DONE.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2018, 09:15:45 am »
Trying to kill/protect spreekeeper was the most exciting thing on todays ptp. Well done with deleting it. Well fucking DONE.

wut
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2018, 10:03:53 am »

Yeah, I only wish the vice spreekeeper had been visible though, because then mods could make sure they aren't in the same vehicle so the map keeps going if they die. Gonna miss driving directly from the spreekeeper's spawn to camp at armor- a revolutionary strategy. So many duty issues though. Some of the team would go chase that dumb fucking yellow blip. Noobs.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 10:06:20 am by YoMama »

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2018, 05:25:11 am »
Yeah, I only wish the vice spreekeeper had been visible though, because then mods could make sure they aren't in the same vehicle so the map keeps going if they die. Gonna miss driving directly from the spreekeeper's spawn to camp at armor- a revolutionary strategy. So many duty issues though. Some of the team would go chase that dumb fucking yellow blip. Noobs.
Players not playing gamemod is not a problem because today it is not "determined" as a problem at all.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.