Author Topic: [Added]Add ping to /intel  (Read 10397 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
[Added]Add ping to /intel
« on: January 17, 2019, 11:24:23 pm »
I often find myself checking /intel, then checking the tab screen to get his ping so I can more accurately lead aim when DBing him or chasing him with a Rustler. It would be nice if /intel just showed his ping already.

It would also be nice to show who is driving the President, if he's not driving himself, and that person's ping.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:07:14 pm by Jonne »

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
Re: Add ping to /intel
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 03:54:30 pm »
Why you need pings in that xD

Offline Aking_Bhai

• VIP
  • Score: 64983
  • Aking_Bhai™️
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 06:51:23 pm »
Hmmmm  ::)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 08:36:47 pm »
Because DBing, shooting from Rustlers and Hydras, throwing grenades, etc. are not lagcomped, so you have to aim to where your target is in their game. You might be able to hit someone once in a while if you're chasing right behind them if their ping is 100 or so, but if their ping is closer to 400, you have to aim much farther ahead (so if you're chasing them in a straightaway, you might have to drive a car length or more ahead of where they are in your game to hit them in theirs). I wrote more on this in my flying guide here.

Adding the President's ping to /intel is just a convenience that would likely require very minimal coding. Adding his driver and/or their ping (when applicable) is something that is actually needed. It's often difficult to tell who is driving unless you get right up close to the vehicle, at which point you have to remember the name and find it in the tab screen to figure out how much to lead aim.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 08:46:22 am »
Intresting. ::)
I don't see a problem so I am ok with that.

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 102450
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 01:42:02 pm »
Because DBing, shooting from Rustlers and Hydras, throwing grenades, etc. are not lagcomped, so you have to aim to where your target is in their game. You might be able to hit someone once in a while if you're chasing right behind them if their ping is 100 or so, but if their ping is closer to 400, you have to aim much farther ahead (so if you're chasing them in a straightaway, you might have to drive a car length or more ahead of where they are in your game to hit them in theirs). I wrote more on this in my flying guide here.

Adding the President's ping to /intel is just a convenience that would likely require very minimal coding. Adding his driver and/or their ping (when applicable) is something that is actually needed. It's often difficult to tell who is driving unless you get right up close to the vehicle, at which point you have to remember the name and find it in the tab screen to figure out how much to lead aim.
uhm, Yomama dont forget that ur essay is for duels too when the person has 200-500 ping we have to
shoot more on his front side i mean when he is running in duels and has 400 ping we might have to shoot
a bit more of the side where hes going
+1 for the idea tho.
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 11:35:29 am »
Why not also Add Pings on the Player's 3D Text? That would solve this and a lot of problems on a closer range.
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 06:57:55 pm »
Why not also Add Pings on the Player's 3D Text? That would solve this and a lot of problems on a closer range.
As an option, that might be nice-- it would be kind of ugly to see it all the time.

If /intel displays the driver of a vehicle the President is a passenger in, it should also display the driver of a vehicle the President is surfing on, instead of just showing "on foot".

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 05:05:04 am »
As an option, that might be nice-- it would be kind of ugly to see it all the time.
Agreed that it would be too ugly but still I dont think that there is any need of adding president's or the driver's ping in the /intel command.
However, showing the name of the player who is driving the President's vehicle will be a nice addition.

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 44717
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 07:38:38 pm »
+1

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 02:03:52 am »
uhm, Yomama dont forget that ur essay is for duels too when the person has 200-500 ping we have to
shoot more on his front side i mean when he is running in duels and has 400 ping we might have to shoot
a bit more of the side where hes going
+1 for the idea tho.
Wait, you're telling me that lagcomp doesn't even work properly in one of the few situations it affects?

I dont think that there is any need of adding president's or the driver's ping in the /intel command.
You never have any need to compensate for lag then? If you think you don't, you don't know what lagcomp actually does and doesn't do.

Yes, the ping can be checked with the tab key, but why make it annoying? I would guess that it's literally a line or two of code, and it would probably fit into the current /intel printout without even having to add another line (there would need to be a separate line for the driver, if there is one, and his ping, of course).

What's with the contrarianism? At least give a reason why you don't think it's necessary.

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 136674
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2019, 05:04:45 pm »

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 01:35:22 pm »

Oh ok
+1

Offline Seven

• VIP
  • To obtain peace, you have to win the war.
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 05:05:26 pm »

Offline ZetSu

• Since 2008
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2019, 12:11:43 am »
I'm Agree with this, +1

EDIT: Fuck I posted this with my brother's account .-.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 12:19:13 am by ZetSu »