Yes. I want to utilize my expensive pc
13 (37.1%)
No. My pc suck. I want equal gameplay
12 (34.3%)
Neutral
10 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: July 29, 2021, 01:40:42 pm

Author Topic: Remove fps limit  (Read 8274 times)

Offline Jig

• Score: Unknown
Remove fps limit
« on: July 04, 2021, 04:50:11 pm »
In this day and age ? Na bru remove dat shit bru

Agree ?

Okay serious talk time
I typed this fast so it might contain mistakes

High fps has more disadvantages than advantages

Disadvantage
-swimming is slower
-car control is bugged
-parachuting is bugged
-riding a bicycle becomes bugged
Has way more bugs

Advantage
- Famous deagle glitch (side to side movement) and with combat
- no sniper stun ( thats only for fps above 600)

Weapon damage is not affected no matter the fps! Goddamn

Bugs videos
-

-weapon damage

Other reasons why the script should be removed

- For new players who has no knowledge about fps

Conclusion
High fps affect only cbug ( gives faster cbug) and cbug isnt allowed in this server.

It also affects 2shoots but as cbug, the bug isnt allowed in the server

PTP there arent any advantages with high fps so 🤷

« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 05:09:58 pm by Jig »

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138566
Re: Remove fps limit
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 08:02:47 pm »
this update is so good in wars/gameplayes,fair fights at all,but many players dont know how to lock their fps,for example today,many newbies kicked..! and they join again and again kicked but never come back to server so ::)

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 08:39:05 pm »
Cry us a river please, make another essay dont disallow it
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline Jig

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 10:22:54 pm »
,many newbies kicked..! and they join again and again kicked but never come back to server so ::)

This!
Take this into consideration.

Also to the level 5 admins. Can you state a reason why you decided to create this limit? What are the reasons?

Offline BouncySofa

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 10:29:55 pm »
,many newbies kicked..! and they join again and again kicked but never come back to server so ::)

Also to the level 5 admins. Can you state a reason why you decided to create this limit? What are the reasons?

This is why they decided to create this limit

this update is so good in wars/gameplayes,fair fights at all.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 10:46:06 pm »
Remove FPS limit what’s even the point ??
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 12:00:20 am by LuCa »

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 05:20:08 am »
For me, this is a good one because there are advantages and bugs to those who play SAMP with high FPS. For example, having high FPS means slower swimming like this one(Yes, I know that this video is for the singleplayer mode for the game but it's the same as well when you're playing online and I recommend watching it).

Now, this one is different because he's using SAMP Addon but there's a file called "Swim_FPS_Fix.asi". By the name itself, you can swim faster depending on your FPS(the more the FPS, the faster you can swim). If you combined it with a file called "FramerateVigilante.asi", you'll have the same issue on Eli's video even if you don't have SAMP Addon installed like this one.

In short, you need FPS limit to have a balanced gameplay between both sides without any advantages. You can use /fpslimit for that or installed an app that will limit your FPS.

Offline HawayiJahz

• Mod
  • Score: 9858
  • Wanna get rammed?
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 06:02:59 am »
As very high FPS apparently paves way for certain bugs occuring which don't happen below the FPS limit, this rule is justifiable. However, the issue of beginners getting kicked for exceeding FPS limit needs to be dealt with in my opinion as it can have a detrimental effect on the server's player count.

On a different note, if anybody is struggling to cap their FPS, one solution is to use Bandicam's FPS limiter to force your FPS below 105.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 06:06:03 am by HawayiJahz »

Offline Jig

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 08:56:28 am »
As very high FPS apparently paves way for certain bugs occuring which don't happen below the FPS limit, this rule is justifiable. However, the issue of beginners getting kicked for exceeding FPS limit needs to be dealt with in my opinion as it can have a detrimental effect on the server's player count.

On a different note, if anybody is struggling to cap their FPS, one solution is to use Bandicam's FPS limiter to force your FPS below 105.

Why do I need to install a recorder to play samp. No newbie will go out thier way to install a recorder to play a server btw

For me, this is a good one because there are advantages and bugs to those who play SAMP with high FPS. For example, having high FPS means slower swimming like this one(Yes, I know that this video is for the singleplayer mode for the game but it's the same as well when you're playing online and I recommend watching it).

Now, this one is different because he's using SAMP Addon but there's a file called "Swim_FPS_Fix.asi". By the name itself, you can swim faster depending on your FPS(the more the FPS, the faster you can swim). If you combined it with a file called "FramerateVigilante.asi", you'll have the same issue on Eli's video even if you don't have SAMP Addon installed like this one.

In short, you need FPS limit to have a balanced gameplay between both sides without any advantages. You can use /fpslimit for that or installed an app that will limit your FPS.

Brother how often do you swim on PTP? Its not like you swim for the whole gameplay

Higher fps dont give an advantage tho. Only for cbug and 2shoot. Bugs are not allowed on the server. So allow High fps
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 10:35:27 am by Altus_Demens, Reason: Double posting »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 10:43:31 am »
You should remember that the frame rate doesn't go above 100 on unmodified game. The game is old and many mechanics depend on the FPS value, they don't work correctly when FPS is too high.

I don't think it will be removed.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 12:31:08 pm »
You should remember that the frame rate doesn't go above 100 on unmodified game. The game is old and many mechanics depend on the FPS value, they don't work correctly when FPS is too high.

You won’t have a server to play on when your FPS limit kicks randoms and  many regulars.

Offline StuLenS

• VIP
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 01:32:00 pm »
+1

Offline Jig

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 01:38:32 pm »

Yes it changes the mechanics. But is there an advantage? No!
List the reasons why there should be an fps cap

Waiting on jonne's reason for adding it. By the time ill start a poll
The decision will be made by the players. Correck?. Since PTP is a DEMOCRATIC community.

Vote on the poll men and women.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 01:45:50 pm by Jig »

Offline Fran

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2021, 04:02:59 pm »
Well, I don't know if it is a bug or Samp Addon is just giving  fake information to the server but I  still can use +105 fps in game, I recorded it and checked the frames average in the Control Panel and it showed that i was with 80 fps average, I know that admins can check it in other ways but I always knew that the frames showed in your screen (using samp addon) is different than the frames that the server receives.
Just another good reason to disallow addoonnn

Offline Jig

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 04:19:16 pm »
Well, I don't know if it is a bug or Samp Addon is just giving  fake information to the server but I  still can use +105 fps in game, I recorded it and checked the frames average in the Control Panel and it showed that i was with 80 fps average, I know that admins can check it in other ways but I always knew that the frames showed in your screen (using samp addon) is different than the frames that the server receives.
Just another good reason to disallow addoonnn

Let me explain this problem. When your fps is close to 200, the fps reader gives a different reading. So in your case you had 185 fps and in the CP it showed 80fps.

But you should move this video to the ''samp addon'' topic because it does not give any addition to the topic.
Move it to addon topic in mods section