Author Topic: Regarding /kill command abuse  (Read 6888 times)

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
Re: Regarding /kill command abuse
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 06:20:38 pm »
Instead, what if I write /kill and bamm I am frozen to hell and sign says "You'll disintegrate in 5 seconds". Again plenty of time for chaser to kill the player and ez no abuse. A timer will still let him run but for me /kill = being lame and freezing at the point when using /kill is the best way to level the playing field. Also it's the 5 seconds till disintegrate or other player gaining the rightful kill. There'll be no other options and this is very very less abusable.
Let me know what you think

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 148392
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 08:17:27 pm »
Well, I agree that /kill is a lame death and also we try hard to kill a player, and with less than 1/5 of the health of that player jumps and type /kill within a fraction of a second. But, this server is not completely a DM server with any DM rules and regulations, not a try-hard server so I don't agree with adding a timer.

Offline Blanic_Wood

• Score: 4465
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 04:46:45 pm »
tons of pakistani, indian and turkish players use /kill to avoid opponents get +kill sttats

Offline Benis

• Score: 22743
  • RAT!!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 03:42:04 pm »
tons of pakistani, indian and turkish players use /kill to avoid opponents get +kill sttats
Am 100% sure that you dont know how /kill command works

Offline PacoBeanZ

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2021, 04:14:40 am »
This was opened 2 months ago and players are still abusing /kill ingame to not attribute their death to their pursuers. Timer won't fix anything. Someone can grab a vehicle and wait it out while being chased. In my opinion, death should be attributed to the last person who damaged the player who typed /kill.

Offline Benis

• RAT!!
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2021, 02:26:51 am »
This was opened 2 months ago and players are still abusing /kill ingame to not attribute their death to their pursuers. Timer won't fix anything. Someone can grab a vehicle and wait it out while being chased. In my opinion, death should be attributed to the last person who damaged the player who typed /kill.
Please read all the suggestions before typing smthing

Offline HawayiJahz

• Mod
  • Score: 9813
  • Wanna get rammed?
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2021, 06:45:53 am »

I don't think rewarding a kill to the last person that has shot the dead player is smart either. There are circumstances where you can't help but /kill yourself. Being lost in the woods with no vehicle around you is one, for instance, and attributing the kill which is a legitimate suicide to some player is counterintuitive.
If someone does manage to drive away in a vehicle, it is fair to consider them as has having gotten away anyway. It is also worth noting that /kill doesn't work when you are inside a vehicle.

Offline PacoBeanZ

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2021, 08:46:56 am »
What's the point of this reply? Besides it being disrespectful for no apparent reason.

FYI, I did read all posts prior to posting my reply. Since your reply is ambiguous, I would to have to guess what the issue is here.

iBeans maybe it would be better for you to clarify what your problem is in regard to my previous post.

I don't think rewarding a kill to the last person that has shot the dead player is smart either. There are circumstances where you can't help but /kill yourself. Being lost in the woods with no vehicle around you is one, for instance, and attributing the kill which is a legitimate suicide to some player is counterintuitive.
I completely disagree with this. If my death is attributed to the last person who damaged me in those cases then so be it.

Consider this scenario, you fight against another player and you kill them. But you are now at very low health, your vehicle was destroyed by them, and now you are stuck in the woods.  If you are compelled to use /kill, why isn't the player who damaged being compensated for that death? They put you in difficult position in the first place. If you decide not to use /kill there is still the high risk of you being killed by other players. Whenever I got stuck in the woods, sometimes a gang of players would come in close proximity. I couldn't outrun their vehicle and most times I didn't survive a 4 vs 1. Or in the case that your making your way to a health/armor spawn from the woods, it's possible for you to be gunned down before reaching the pickups especially when people like to camp and everyone can use /sniper. In these situation, /kill with a timer can be used to evade potential conflicts that you would have likely died in if you haven't used the command.

Separately, we could have a reset of who damaged you whenever a player gets a health or armor pickup.
If someone does manage to drive away in a vehicle, it is fair to consider them as has having gotten away anyway. It is also worth noting that /kill doesn't work when you are inside a vehicle.

Someone can type /kill then get into a vehicle, and I disagree that driving away in a vehicle counts as having gotten away because that player can quickly be pursued by attackers in vehicles. With that comes the possibility of receiving a pop tire OR the vehicle receiving enough damage to be destroyed. I died more times than I can count over a random tire being popped (sometimes at incredible distances I might add).

This is why I prefer the death attribution suggestion as it doesn't rely on timers and can cover all scenarios.

The only other decent alternative would be HawaylJahz's player ghost suggestion but I'm not much of a fan of the current implementation with disconnecting players (this solution also runs on a timer :) )

Offline Benis

• RAT!!
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2021, 06:28:52 pm »
What's the point of this reply? Besides it being disrespectful for no apparent reason.

FYI, I did read all posts prior to posting my reply. Since your reply is ambiguous, I would to have to guess what the issue is here.

iBeans maybe it would be better for you to clarify what your problem is in regard to my previous post.

I completely disagree with this. If my death is attributed to the last person who damaged me in those cases then so be it.

Consider this scenario, you fight against another player and you kill them. But you are now at very low health, your vehicle was destroyed by them, and now you are stuck in the woods.  If you are compelled to use /kill, why isn't the player who damaged being compensated for that death? They put you in difficult position in the first place. If you decide not to use /kill there is still the high risk of you being killed by other players. Whenever I got stuck in the woods, sometimes a gang of players would come in close proximity. I couldn't outrun their vehicle and most times I didn't survive a 4 vs 1. Or in the case that your making your way to a health/armor spawn from the woods, it's possible for you to be gunned down before reaching the pickups especially when people like to camp and everyone can use /sniper. In these situation, /kill with a timer can be used to evade potential conflicts that you would have likely died in if you haven't used the command.

Separately, we could have a reset of who damaged you whenever a player gets a health or armor pickup.

Someone can type /kill then get into a vehicle, and I disagree that driving away in a vehicle counts as having gotten away because that player can quickly be pursued by attackers in vehicles. With that comes the possibility of receiving a pop tire OR the vehicle receiving enough damage to be destroyed. I died more times than I can count over a random tire being popped (sometimes at incredible distances I might add).

This is why I prefer the death attribution suggestion as it doesn't rely on timers and can cover all scenarios.

The only other decent alternative would be HawaylJahz's player ghost suggestion but I'm not much of a fan of the current implementation with disconnecting players (this solution also runs on a timer :) )
You havent understand how that freeze or kill animation works + awarding kill to last person did damage is not good in some cases
The freeze wont work in cars and wont let you get into vehi after u type that cmd.
Also in your first reply you said that player will use /kill and they they will grab vehicle to escape death by players in waiting time. Thats why i suggest you to read all the replies prior to post a comment.

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 01:43:14 pm »
-1  ::)

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2021, 02:58:47 am »