Author Topic: Questions about the rules  (Read 21353 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Questions about the rules
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:18:28 pm »
I suggest to use this topic to publicly ask the administration about any dubious situations and any questions about the rules. We, players, should clearly understand what we can do, and what we can not.  :)

And I've got my first two questions.
  • Should the rooftop with sparrows near San Fierro terrorist spawn be considered a part of the spawn area?
    I'd say 'no'. Yesterday I was playing as civillian and I went there to take sparrow. I killed terrorists who tried to intercept my taking off, then I killed Fruity who was civillian and tried to take off too. There was one aggressive terrorist more, and when I was fighting him, Fruity used /rc t and climbed upstairs to quickly finish me. He failed, and as soon as I was able to move, I helikilled him. Finally I was able to fly away, and in that moment I have received no-spawnkilling announcement.
    As for me, that rooftop shouldn't be counted as the part of the spawn. You need to climb upstairs to reach there, it's not like you're spawned and you see the enemies right now.
    If it really was spawnkilling, what was I supposed to do to prevent it? Sparrows can't take off instantly, unlike, say, NRGs, which can be taken and driven away immediately.
    Some admins supported me, some didn't, so it would be interesting to read more opinions.
  • Is it allowed to quicky crouch/stand up while shooting with deagle?
    It reduces reloading time, is it considered 'minor' c-bug?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:29:44 pm by Altus_Demens »
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Questions about the rules
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 12:24:52 pm »
To prevent any confusion, I think Altus means Sparrow instead of Rustler

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 12:31:38 pm »
To prevent any confusion, I think Altus means Sparrow instead of Rustler
Thank you, friend. You spotted it first, post modified. I was thinking about rustlers too in some context... Thoughts in chaos. ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 12:33:35 pm by Altus_Demens »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 03:23:33 am »
12 days has already passed and not a single administrator bothered to reply.

Then I will remain of the same opinion. I won't consider helikilling at SF terrorist spawn sparrow rooftop as spawnkilling (therefore, any attempts of preventing me from doing so would be reported as an admin abuse), and I will report 'minor' c-bug as well.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 04:53:24 pm »
(therefore, any attempts of preventing me from doing so would be reported as an admin abuse)

;D

Just to offer my 2 cents here (if that's how the expression goes xD), I think the rooftop should be considered as part of the Terrorist spawn, mainly because it's literally adjacent to the spawn. A solution maybe would be to move the spawning points for Sparrows to some other building that is not too far away

Offline Destiny

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 06:06:16 pm »
(therefore, any attempts of preventing me from doing so would be reported as an admin abuse)

;D

Just to offer my 2 cents here (if that's how the expression goes xD), I think the rooftop should be considered as part of the Terrorist spawn, mainly because it's literally adjacent to the spawn. A solution maybe would be to move the spawning points for Sparrows to some other building that is not too far away

xD

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 06:36:06 pm »
Yeah, ha-ha, but there is the only thing I can do to impact on the situation.

A solution maybe would be to move the spawning points for Sparrows to some other building that is not too far away
Agreed, that's a nice idea. Probably sparrows should be moved in LS too.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 03:44:43 pm »
  • Should the rooftop with sparrows near San Fierro terrorist spawn be considered a part of the spawn area?
    I'd say 'no'. Yesterday I was playing as civillian and I went there to take sparrow. I killed terrorists who tried to intercept my taking off, then I killed Fruity who was civillian and tried to take off too. There was one aggressive terrorist more, and when I was fighting him, Fruity used /rc t and climbed upstairs to quickly finish me. He failed, and as soon as I was able to move, I helikilled him. Finally I was able to fly away, and in that moment I have received no-spawnkilling announcement.
    As for me, that rooftop shouldn't be counted as the part of the spawn. You need to climb upstairs to reach there, it's not like you're spawned and you see the enemies right now.
    If it really was spawnkilling, what was I supposed to do to prevent it? Sparrows can't take off instantly, unlike, say, NRGs, which can be taken and driven away immediately.
    Some admins supported me, some didn't, so it would be interesting to read more opinions.
Since that's the only place you can get sparrows now, we won't punish when you're trying to defend yourself while you're taking a sparrow. I'll try to find another spot to place some sparrows, so we can include the current sparrows in the terrorist spawn (since the entrance is pretty much in the terrorist spawn).

• Is it allowed to quicky crouch/stand up while shooting with deagle?
    It reduces reloading time, is it considered 'minor' c-bug?
I don't think we should consider that rulebreaking, since it doesn't give you that much of an advantage compared to actual C-bugging (a bit the same as with the shotgun, when you re-aim to shoot faster). We decided to only punish for the bugs listed, to keep it clearer for everyone and because those were the bugs that gave the most advantage, and I don't see this 'minor C-bug' as a part of this.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »
Since San Fierro is full of wide rooftops, you can place them on one of them and put stairs/a ramp on them (Not sure how hard it is, just saying it's possible by looking what you made at RC terrorist spawn)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2016, 05:45:14 pm »
Since San Fierro is full of wide rooftops, you can place them on one of them and put stairs/a ramp on them (Not sure how hard it is, just saying it's possible by looking what you made at RC terrorist spawn)
All credit for that (and the SF rooftop base) goes to Portugues, he was the one who made that. But yes, I'll look into that.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 02:28:20 pm »
Yes, moving sparrows' spawn is a nice solution. Probably sparrows in LS should be moved too, but, as long as civillians can't deal sufficient damage per second in most cases, it isn't essential.

I don't think we should consider that rulebreaking, since it doesn't give you that much of an advantage compared to actual C-bugging (a bit the same as with the shotgun, when you re-aim to shoot faster). We decided to only punish for the bugs listed, to keep it clearer for everyone and because those were the bugs that gave the most advantage, and I don't see this 'minor C-bug' as a part of this.
I wouldn't say I agree with that, but I clearly see your reasons, and so be it.

Thanks for making it all clear for us. :)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 01:09:36 pm »
I want to comment this reply in the (untimely?) closed topic.

It was me who told Yash that 2-shooting, c-bug and slide-bug are allowed in duels only when both sides expressed the agreement about it. But now I paid attention that the Rules state something different:
Quote from: Rules
• No bug abusing
- C-bugging, Slide-bugging and 2-shooting with Sawn Off shotgun is not allowed. These are the only bugs we will punish for. In    duels all bugs are allowed. | Glitching into textures is forbidden | Bugging into classes is forbidden | "Ninja jacking" is                forbidden
I want to ask if it is supposed to be so. Because for now it means that anybody can use any bugs in duels without asking his opponent's permission. So, please, to prevent confusion either confirm it or modify the Rules accordingly, adding that mutual agreement is needed in order to use bugs. Thanks in advance.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 01:45:03 pm »
I want to ask if it is supposed to be so. Because for now it means that anybody can use any bugs in duels without asking his opponent's permission. So, please, to prevent confusion either confirm it or modify the Rules accordingly, adding that mutual agreement is needed in order to use bugs. Thanks in advance.
Actually, it is only allowed if both gets agreed on to use bugs. Otherwise, it's not allowed as many of us knows that (I think)... I thought we had that rule was written there  :-X

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 01:52:15 pm »
Actually, it is only allowed if both gets agreed on to use bugs. Otherwise, it's not allowed as many of us knows that (I think)... I thought we had that rule was written there  :-X
We actually have it, but as far as I know no-reload is an exception (Not 2-shot, i mean shoot sawns + switch to uzi + back to sawns). That's allowed since the beginning of Plan B. Correct me if i'm wrong lol.
Also you got wrong in my topic but you locked it before I reply @COBRA. I didn't mean 2-shot bug there, I meant you shoot 4 bullets of sawns + switch to mp5/m4 and then back to sawns just like we do with sawn+uzi duo.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 02:40:09 pm »
We actually have it, but as far as I know no-reload is an exception (Not 2-shot, i mean shoot sawns + switch to uzi + back to sawns). That's allowed since the beginning of Plan B. Correct me if i'm wrong lol.
Also you got wrong in my topic but you locked it before I reply @COBRA. I didn't mean 2-shot bug there, I meant you shoot 4 bullets of sawns + switch to mp5/m4 and then back to sawns just like we do with sawn+uzi duo.
Unlocked there, sorry for my bad :X

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..