Author Topic: Mia[admin abuse]  (Read 1500 times)

Offline AhMeD

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Mia[admin abuse]
« on: February 09, 2020, 05:46:58 pm »
• Players' name: Mia.
• Date it occurred: Now.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did): Clear admin abusing.
• Any screenshots or videos that go along with the report: She muted me and an other guy for that reason and then she kicked from irc for mute evading.

Attention staff team: she has just banned a guy for that reason.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 05:56:59 pm by AhMeD »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Re: Mia[admin abuse]
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 11:50:12 pm »
I should have listened to other level 5s more before unbanning you, because clearly, it was a mistake. All of those bans you've had in the past, and all those hours I put into trying to make you understand, and you have learned nothing at all. Every time you have an argument with an admin, you make the same mistake. Instead of asking another admin, or explaining your issue to a level 5, you always try to prove your point by breaking more rules, and you've always end up getting banned. I've spent hours trying to explain you why that's a bad idea even back in the old PTP, where you ended up banned pretty much every week. All these years, all these bans, and you still somehow think you'll end up winning an argument by breaking the rules. What a waste of time...

Now, as for the "pretending to be admin" stuff. We've gotten a couple of complaints over the last few days, that there were a lot of people doing that. We didn't think much of it at first, but when people spread clear misinformation, like announcing server restarts or "warning" players, we had to step in. As we consider it only a minor thing, we didn't want to write out a whole 'official' rule for it, and instead were hoping people would have some common sense, and stop doing it after a warning. Except that didn't happen, and instead people doubled down on it. So, you get punished for it, it's pretty simple...

I do agree that the ban was a little over the top, and this could have been solved with a bit more communication instead of just punishments, so the ban has been removed. So, if everyone can come to their senses and simply stop writing these fake admin messages, we can put this behind us without having to create rules and start punishing people.