Author Topic: Recording tutorial for beginners  (Read 47232 times)

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: Recording tutorial for beginners
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2017, 05:15:32 pm »
OBS makes my game laggy as hell while Fraps runs smoothly. I have an i7 4700HQ, doesn't look like my processor is the problem.

Another problem with OBS is that it doesn't handle well the spreading of resolution. I play at 1280 x 720 at a 1920 x 1080 screen. What does OBS do? It captures the screen with black borders around it. What does it record when I set the resolution in OBS at 1280 x 720? It simply records only the most left part of the screen(so only a part of the screen).

Edit: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/gamecapture-thick-black-borders.3261/
Fixed that, but I still need to find how to lose the FPS drops.

Edit2: Think I fixed it. FPS set to 60 and cpu preset to "veryfast". Will comment later on how it runs after some more testing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 05:35:41 pm by MegaPilot »

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2017, 05:32:56 pm »
OBS makes my game laggy as hell while Fraps runs smoothly. I have an i7 4700HQ, doesn't look like my processor is the problem.

Another problem with OBS is that it doesn't handle well the spreading of resolution. I play at 1280 x 720 at a 1920 x 1080 screen. What does OBS do? It captures the screen with black borders around it. What does it record when I set the resolution in OBS at 1280 x 720? It simply records only the most left part of the screen(so only a part of the screen).

Edit: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/gamecapture-thick-black-borders.3261/
Tried recording with 30 fps? And what's your GPU?

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2017, 05:36:11 pm »

GTX 850M, and it actually runs smoother when I record at 60 FPS. :P

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2017, 07:47:09 pm »

GTX 850M, and it actually runs smoother when I record at 60 FPS. :P
Check your pms.

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 8091
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2017, 05:31:54 am »

Edit2: Think I fixed it. FPS set to 60 and cpu preset to "veryfast". Will comment later on how it runs after some more testing.
Yo segui los paso y el único problema fue que tenia activado el anticheat compatibility hook(bann x2)
Solo tengo caidas de FPS cuando vuelo cerca del area del respawn usando /dl

I followed the steps and the only problem was that I had anticheat activated compatibility hook(bann x2)
I only have FPS drops when I fly near the respawning area using /dl.

Offline Darwin

• VIP
  • Good choice,Bad choice life still goes on
altus demens help!
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2017, 02:29:23 am »
I did everything you said on obs step by step but I font know ehere an how to find my replays can you help

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »
I did everything you said on obs step by step but I font know ehere an how to find my replays can you help
Please, ask your questions either in this topic or PM me and be more attentive: it has been mentioned in the main post.

5. Go to "Settings -> Settings -> Broadcast Settings" and switch the mode to "File output only". Additionally specify your path to the output file along with its extension. I suggest using *.flv, and I will explain in the end why, but it's up to you. By the way, $T just means that your file name will be a timestamp of recording start second (format: year-month-day-hourminute-second).

A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2017, 08:54:07 pm »
I don't know why earlier the recordings used to be well and fine with good quality but now they are not good

« Reply #53 on: Today at 04:52:08 pm »

PS- it is fine now..

//Skittles: Merging a double post.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:36:12 pm by Skittles »

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2017, 01:26:42 pm »
Umm Altus what if i alter bitrate?

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2020, 02:02:23 pm »
Altus, can you show me some recording tips(updated) for OBS, please?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 01:56:01 am by Lance_Towers »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2020, 03:35:18 pm »
This tutorial is outdated, and yes, the new OBS Studio now has all the features I consider essential. It can compete with Shadowplay if configured properly.
I'll update the tutorial when I have time.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline S0n1c

• Mod
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2020, 05:03:33 pm »
How does Nvidia Shadowplay compare to OBS?
I'm completely satisfied with Shadowplay but that 1 hour of gameplay taking only 1.6GB is quite appealing considering my extremely low disk space. If possible I'd also like to have a video recorded with OBS, please.
Thanks ;D

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2020, 04:36:44 am »
Shadowplay is a recording tool that has/works with Instant Replay mode. The users of it can save the last 30 mins session by hitting a hotkey you configured. It can capture game videos with 4k content quality and it can offer 60 fps rating. It'll automatically run on the background when you start playing a game, also it doesn't affect your system performance whilst OBS is for everyone with its advanced video recording abilities and good for livestreaming too.

I'm completely satisfied with Shadowplay but that 1 hour of gameplay taking only 1.6GB is quite appealing considering my extremely low disk space. If possible I'd also like to have a video recorded with OBS, please.
Thanks ;D
The difference between the two is that OBS can be configured easily than Shadowplay, OBS affects your system performance even if someone is using limited frame rates, OBS can take lesser memory from the hard dish while Shadowplay requires more memory and if it comes to "Edit" then OBS should be the one you'll choose because it allows access to plugins, multiple scenes, etc,... but Shadowplay has only one service which is record your gaming hours. It's up to you if you want OBS. One of the users of OBS here I know is Altus. Try questioning him for more and he has many videos with the use of OBS. Sometimes my FPS while recording is 80-110 or something with OBS.

Offline S0n1c

• Mod
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2020, 11:24:30 pm »
Thanks Kelik.

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 136674
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2020, 06:52:30 am »
Shadowplay is a recording tool that has/works with Instant Replay mode. The users of it can save the last 30 mins session by hitting a hotkey you configured. It can capture game videos with 4k content quality and it can offer 60 fps rating. It'll automatically run on the background when you start playing a game, also it doesn't affect your system performance whilst OBS is for everyone with its advanced video recording abilities and good for livestreaming too.

Thanks ;D
The difference between the two is that OBS can be configured easily than Shadowplay, OBS affects your system performance even if someone is using limited frame rates, OBS can take lesser memory from the hard dish while Shadowplay requires more memory and if it comes to "Edit" then OBS should be the one you'll choose because it allows access to plugins, multiple scenes, etc,... but Shadowplay has only one service which is record your gaming hours. It's up to you if you want OBS. One of the users of OBS here I know is Altus. Try questioning him for more and he has many videos with the use of OBS. Sometimes my FPS while recording is 80-110 or something with OBS.
Open the recorder from Administrator,it would be help u ig when u are recording.
and can u give us good Settings for OBS?