Author Topic: [Added]Send emails for updates and other events  (Read 4844 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
[Added]Send emails for updates and other events
« on: December 11, 2018, 06:26:47 am »
To the average player who's visited here a few times, who visits infrequently, or played here in the past, the improvements to our little server might not be obvious, as well as the various events that go on. I know some people might view it as spam, but I think tastefully-done emails detailing server improvements, temporary changes (like everyone being able to use VIP weapons at the moment), and server events (for example, PPLV's party) might remind people that this community is still alive and well, and/or get them jonesing for some PTP.

I think it would also be better to more frequently create update topics-- I know in my case, they encourage me to start playing again to test out the new improvements.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 09:56:28 am by Jonne »

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
Re: Send emails for updates and other events
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:36:01 am »
Agreed. I saw this feature on many other servers. Like the recent holiday update could be announced by sending the message through mail.

Offline Airman

• Air1
  • Admin
  • Score: 31960
    • Discover Tunisia
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 11:56:54 am »
Great idea , but i'd prefer if it was by PMs on the forum , or a Pinned Message on the home page that everyone can see it (could be hidden as well)

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 12:50:53 pm »
This
Great idea , but i'd prefer if it was by PMs on the forum , or a Pinned Message on the home page that everyone can see it (could be hidden as well)
Players will eventually come back to the forum to know about it so yeah this would be preferred.

Offline Lizard_Person

• VIP
  • Score: 9026
  • A rehabilitated retard
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 07:40:30 pm »
Do birds count as email services ?

Edit: I have 6700 unread letters so I don't care about this suggestion. Still good. +1
Safe for work content only. Done with that retard shit.

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 136674
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 10:38:46 am »
Good one
+1

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 44717
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 05:58:24 pm »
+1

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2018, 10:39:19 pm »
To the average player who's visited here a few times, who visits infrequently, or played here in the past, the improvements to our little server might not be obvious, as well as the various events that go on. I know some people might view it as spam, but I think tastefully-done emails detailing server improvements, temporary changes (like everyone being able to use VIP weapons at the moment), and server events (for example, PPLV's party) might remind people that this community is still alive and well, and/or get them jonesing for some PTP.

I think it would also be better to more frequently create update topics-- I know in my case, they encourage me to start playing again to test out the new improvements.

PTP is alive only because of those 60 players that are either VIPS,staff members or clan members or friends that sometimes either play or annoy some people and lets call the whole group ACTIVE players

About 10+ newbies or players looking for server come each day to find a new home. But everytime they are thrown away like garbage by these ACTIVE Players.
Some ACTIVE players even jack them out of helicopters or cars if theyre waiting for them. None of you show any interest in being either theyr friends/clan mates or more and even harrase them call them cheaters report them or immidietly target them and kill them after you see them.

I have no idea how do you want to increase the peoples interest in sending update emails to the forums pms or emails.
Might as well make a comercial on youtube to join the server, costs like 1.000$ peer video
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 09:22:41 pm »
Good idea +1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 08:34:57 pm »
This
Players will eventually come back to the forum to know about it so yeah this would be preferred.
Yes +1.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 09:56:19 am »
There's a newsletter option on the forums, so I guess we'll try that in the future. I forgot to do it last time though, so if I don't do it next time, please remind me about it :)