Poll

Should we shoot our clan members/ "friends"  on opposing team?

Yes. I would like to see this as a new server rule.
36 (48%)
No. I don't like this.
39 (52%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Author Topic: Should we or shouldn't we? [poll]  (Read 14612 times)

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
Should we or shouldn't we? [poll]
« on: December 12, 2017, 11:38:12 pm »
The original discussion: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=2692.0
Let's leave the discussion related to this suggestion where it belongs: link above.
The poll is short and simple.
This is created in order to find out what community thinks about this and i think the poll is right thing for it.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
Re: Should we or shouldn't we? [poll]
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 12:07:05 am »
I'll tell you the results so you don't have to wait:

95% No
5% Yes

You do realize that this is not about pleasing the majority, don't you? We know that the majority wants every to remain as it is, because, after all, it's very comfortable to become the most badass spree killer by only hunting outnumbered clueless newbies with all your friends.

This is about doing what is fair. And not only what is fair, but also what helps Plan B to become the greatest and most popular. I used to say "RQ" and laugh when me and my former VIP buddies outnumbered a clueless newbie until he had to disconnect. Now I realize that, if a part of my buddies had helped that newbie as their duty said, to fight against us, that guy would've probably enjoyed his stay in our server as much as we all did and today this great community would have one more regular, faithful user. And this isn't an isolate story that happened to me once. This happens every hour.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Judah

• Score: 124
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 04:36:53 am »
You do not take the opinion of a criminal on whether to criminalise a crime or not. It's already a rule that is ignored because clan rules are given priority over server rules.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:26:57 pm by Judah »

Offline Rev

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 02:41:07 pm »
You messed up the poll. Yes, I do believe it should become a thing, but not a rule.

Offline vento_aureo

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 05:14:55 pm »
I thought about this and the original version of my post isn't what I actually think.

I still agree with the rule though.

The only problem I honestly have with clans is that most of them are stubborn assholes that tread on other players, which is ok since I don't mind.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:04:58 pm by kurt cobain »

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 05:19:28 pm »
Such rule is impossible to enforce but if you're asking if players should shoot every opposing team member then i would say i will let them choose. As for me, I'm fine with my 'selective killing' as every class except for when i am a security.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 06:06:38 pm »
I'll tell you the results so you don't have to wait:

95% No
5% Yes

As of time of this comment it's 57% for "no" and 43% for "yes". Get rekt m8 ;D

You do not take the opinion of a criminal on whether to criminalise a crime or not. It's already a rule that is ignored because clan rules are given priority over server rules.

Dafuq you talking about, dude? People who are not shooting each other are criminals? Top kek right there.

Offline Judah

• Score: 124
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 06:57:09 pm »
Dafuq you talking about, dude? People who are not shooting each other are criminals? Top kek right there.
Alright, I used a wrong example. I mean that people are supposed to give priority to their duty over clan rules, but they don't. So what is the point of asking somebody who is openly breaking the rules whether the rule should be enforced or not? It's no different than asking a murderer if murder should be criminalised.

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 07:16:49 pm »
Such rule is impossible to enforce but if you're asking if players should shoot every opposing team member then i would say i will let them choose. As for me, I'm fine with my 'selective killing' as every class except for when i am a security.
exactly my point , some classes such as security and president should be followed with utmost duty however, you can't always be forced to shoot your friends the worst thing that could happen is solitaire... 

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 07:46:56 pm »
Alright, I used a wrong example. I mean that people are supposed to give priority to their duty over clan rules, but they don't. So what is the point of asking somebody who is openly breaking the rules whether the rule should be enforced or not? It's no different than asking a murderer if murder should be criminalised.

No rule should be enforced on this matter because it's plainly and simply ridiculous. You're basically taking away players' freedom of choice on this matter, and players should always have choice who to shoot. What's next? Making a rule that whoever is Terrorist must attack the President at all costs? That Civilians should publicly declare in the chat that they will attack everyone before they do it? That all Cops and SWAT should stay near President as well, because that's how he would be protected in real life? See in which direction this is going to go?
Also, clans have had the no attack between members rule since PTP started and since I remember it (and I'm talking about 2010 onward), absolutely no one complained about it until recently.
As a final point (as I'm getting really weary of this) - too many nonsense rules will only serve to take away all the fun out of this server (which was, btw, never fully and only TDM).

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 07:52:32 pm »
No rule should be enforced on this matter because it's plainly and simply ridiculous. You're basically taking away players' freedom of choice on this matter, and players should always have choice who to shoot. What's next? Making a rule that whoever is Terrorist must attack the President at all costs? That Civilians should publicly declare in the chat that they will attack everyone before they do it? That all Cops and SWAT should stay near President as well, because that's how he would be protected in real life? See in which direction this is going to go?
Also, clans have had the no attack between members rule since PTP started and since I remember it (and I'm talking about 2010 onward), absolutely no one complained about it until recently.
As a final point (as I'm getting really weary of this) - too many nonsense rules will only serve to take away all the fun out of this server (which was, btw, never fully and only TDM).

Yeah Spectre! It should work like that on every game. Why every F.C. Barcelona player can't individually decide if he actually wants to defend the Barcelona's goal or prefers to watch while his friend in Real Madrid scores? It's so unfair.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 07:54:06 pm »
Yeah Spectre! It should work like that on every game. Why F.C. Barcelona players can't decide if they actually want to defend their goal or prefer to watch while their friend in Real Madrid scores? It's so unfair.

Or better yet, let's ask FIFA and UEFA to fine goalkeepers and defensive players (as per rule, of course) whenever a team concedes a goal, because how dare they!

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 08:01:31 pm »
Yeah Spectre! It should work like that on every game. Why F.C. Barcelona players can't decide if they actually want to defend their goal or prefer to watch while their friend in Real Madrid scores? It's so unfair.

Or better yet, let's ask FIFA and UEFA to fine goalkeepers and defensive players (as per rule, of course) whenever a team concedes a goal, because how dare they!

No need for FIFA or UEFA. If a player constantly stands and watches when the rival scores, I think he wouldn't last very long in the team x)

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 08:04:30 pm »
No need for FIFA or UEFA. If a player constantly stands and watches when the rival scores, I think he wouldn't last very long in the team x)

Hm, but I think there is need for FIFA and UEFA, since you want this here to be a rule :D In this case, they are "admins" of football, amirite?

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 08:06:34 pm »

Hm, but I think there is need for FIFA and UEFA, since you want this here to be a rule :D In this case, they are "admins" of football, amirite?

In football there's the coach and the president of the club. If cops and terros had leaders who could kick useless members out of the team it wouldn't be necessary. But as those figures don't exist, rules, enforced by the staff, have to take over their job :)

~ Daario Naharis