Author Topic: Why do you guys block certain things?  (Read 7610 times)

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Why do you guys block certain things?
« on: February 18, 2019, 06:58:21 pm »
This community has a broad history of blocking things(by voting no) while allowing things that are 10x more annoying.

For example:

President cannot fly in a Rustler. President is however allowed to stand on a Shamal and be driven around the map, which makes him much harder to kill then if he would just fly a Rustler.

President cannot fly in a Rustler. President is however allowed to bunnyhop and use mega jump the whole map on an indestructible vehicle which makes him much harder to kill then if he would just fly a rustler.

Just, why?

Either be consistent and block overpowered shit which annoys everyone, or let us have some fun and allow things like Rustlers for presidents.

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
Re: Why do you guys block certain things?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 10:56:08 am »
The BMX, Mountain Bike, and other bikes have now Vehicle HP. Try it with your friend sometimes and see if the indestructible vehicle in GTA_SA can now break.

For the Rustler and Shamal thing, you don't have any problem with that because you and other players are good at flying at all kinds of planes and helicopters and it is based on your names that you're a pro at flying them. If you really want the President dead in the sky, just ram or shoot their Shamal or Rustler and if they're camping with the use of Helicopters just shoot them till the vehicle hp is low and have patience if you want to reach them above 20,000-30,000 feet off the ground.

If you want a true answer, we block some certain things like that so the game(or server) can be more interesting, challenging, fun, and competitive for all of the players like us, Clan Wars everywhere(it's fun to have clan wars here :P), More players can join the server. If you wanted this things to be removed then it will be no FUN at all. Please think harder first and think about the other players' reaction to this kind of suggestion.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:55:47 am by Nemesis »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 11:06:11 pm »
The BMX, Mountain Bike, and other bikes have now Vehicle HP. Try it with your friend sometimes and see if the indestructible vehicle in GTA_SA can now break.
They've had HP forever. Are you saying that they explode when they reach 250 now? If so, I haven't seen any update on that.

If you really want the President dead in the sky, just ram or shoot their Shamal or Rustler and if they're camping with the use of Helicopters just shoot them till the vehicle hp is low and have patience if you want to reach them above 20,000-30,000 feet off the ground.
I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic or not, but you're right, it really is that easy to kill a flying President. If other players have trouble with it, they can learn. It's a game.

If you're complaining about getting up to the altitude of a helicopter at the maximum height (ceiling) of 815, then learn to climb. My videos show me climbing quickly often. You can climb at a rate of around 12.5 Z units a second, which means that if you start from 0, it takes about 1:05 to get up to altitude, and once you're there, the helicopter is dead.

Here is a video of me shooting down a Shamal with a surfer at the maximum altitude, which is considerably more difficult than shooting down a Rustler. You can see how I climb quickly, and how I easily take him down once I get to his altitude. Two okay people with Rustlers could easily take me down at the same altitude.

If you want a true answer, we block some certain things like that so the game(or server) can be more interesting, challenging, fun, and competitive for all of the players like us, Clan Wars everywhere(it's fun to have clan wars here :P), More players can join the server. If you wanted this things to be removed then it will be no FUN at all. Please think harder first and think about the other players' reaction to this kind of suggestion.
You have an different idea of "interesting, challenging, fun, and competitive" if you appear to believe that Presidents flying Rustlers is at the very least challenging and competitive, but still think it shouldn't be allowed. At the same time, you manage to work in clan shit into "interesting, challenging, fun, and competitive", when a central tenet of most clans is basically "refuse to shoot select people on the other team because of their clan or status, but it's open season on everyone who is new to the game". Many "pro" players seem to spend much of their time killing easy people so they can point to their K/D ratio and pretend that they earned it playing against regulars.

For the Rustler and Shamal thing, you don't have any problem with that because you and other players are good at flying at all kinds of planes and helicopters and it is based on your names that you're a pro at flying them.
So, is this similar to how clan tags sometimes indicate that a player is a pro at ignoring the gamemode and only attacking people who are far below their skill level with 2-3 other "pro" players at chokepoints like the armor spawn?

More players can join the server.
Not if they're being scared off by the fact that the entire server is biased towards the regulars, and the regulars often try to keep it that way.
From SACNR server monitor:
Posted by Exp at 17:41:30, 27/11/2018:

Nice gamemode the community sucks. Angry 24 7 don t try to kill the people with TAG they will be mad at you and chasing you till you quit the game
Posted by Hakim at 13:59:15, 08/12/2017:

Its good Server but Not for nee Player their Aren t welcome because VIPs will Team Up and kill even Go their in Different Teams Like Cops and terrors its very unbalanced
I'm sure we've all seen new players come in, realize that they can't do whatever thing they wanted to do, get killed by regulars constantly, then announce that the server is dumb or unbalanced and leave. Regardless of whether you agree with them, that doesn't come from nowhere.

I think MegaPilot's point is pretty clear. Some things are blocked just because people don't like them (usually because they never actually try using those things themselves) and/or they feel like they take away their advantages. Other things are allowed, even though they're blatantly unfair. Not good for the server, and it drives new players away.

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:18:03 am »
I agree about the rustlers, there's no reason to disable presidents from flying, particularly when a large number of newbies doesn't understand that they are being blocked from entering rustlers when they try to do that and, as a result, they die in vain.

As for mountain bikes, I believe it would be unfair to players who can handle them capably to limit their health. Instead, I'd move them over into terrorist spawns or very close to them, so that it would be harder for presidents to acquire them in the first place.

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 03:54:48 am »
First. I think this topic will be more relevant in the board "General discussions" rather than suggestions.

Lets get to the topic. I really think MegaPilot is very right here. And as YoMama said, you can kill a president who's flying so why aren't they allowed to fly rustlers lmoa? All cuz of the community I think.People here wants nothing except fights. They keep fighting and camping armours for *wars*, mostly they don't care about killing the president.

With a good driver it is very easy to chase a president on MTB and take him down. Me and Uzumaki(the worst shooter and the worst driver) had taken down so many presidents together even when he is on MTB by chasing with NRG. It only needs some use of brain. There's no need for them to explode when they get below 250HP.

"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 05:19:06 pm »
First. I think this topic will be more relevant in the board "General discussions" rather than suggestions.

Lets get to the topic. I really think MegaPilot is very right here. And as YoMama said, you can kill a president who's flying so why aren't they allowed to fly rustlers lmoa? All cuz of the community I think.People here wants nothing except fights. They keep fighting and camping armours for *wars*, mostly they don't care about killing the president.

With a good driver it is very easy to chase a president on MTB and take him down. Me and Uzumaki(the worst shooter and the worst driver) had taken down so many presidents together even when he is on MTB by chasing with NRG. It only needs some use of brain. There's no need for them to explode when they get below 250HP.

Shhhhh.....
I am the best driver.
We were hunters.😂

Offline Airman

• Air1
  • Admin
  • Score: 31972
  • Quack
    • Discover Tunisia
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 08:53:31 pm »
you can kill a president who's flying so why aren't they allowed to fly rustlers lmoa?
Not when it is Yomama or any other good pilot (we have alot of them in the server)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 10:13:05 pm »
you can kill a president who's flying so why aren't they allowed to fly rustlers lmoa?
Not when it is Yomama or any other good pilot (we have alot of them in the server)
All it takes are two okay pilots, one person getting above me so I can't escape or hit them, or me fucking up to take me down which happens enough already. I can only chase one person at a time, and if at least one of them can stay on me, I have no choice but to try to escape instead of engaging, which never works out very well. As it is, I often bail out of stuntplanes (which are often easier to evade people with than Rustlers) and take an NRG once I have more than one competent player or one pretty good player after me. You acknowledge that we have many good pilots, so why is this a problem?

Additionally, we have many people who are capable enough to fly a Shamal or Rustler with a gunner on top, which makes it nearly impossible for the President to escape for long without being shot down. Then you have the people on the ground with snipers... the list of ways you can be killed is practically endless.

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2019, 02:05:33 am »

We have many people who got good skills in a gun combat. They are allowed to shoot. Right?
So why not the same for the ruslters. Some are good some are not.
If people are not allowed to fly rustler as president then they shouldn't also be allowed to use weapons. (Cuz some are good at that)
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2019, 02:58:34 pm »

We have many people who got good skills in a gun combat. They are allowed to shoot. Right?
If people are not allowed to fly rustler as president then they shouldn't also be allowed to use weapons. (Cuz some are good at that)
Yes lets not allow pWns, PPLVs, GgTs, IDFs, etc etc. to use weapons. :D
RZ is noob clan. Let them use weapons

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2019, 03:12:40 pm »

Yes lets not allow pWns, PPLVs, GgTs, IDFs, etc etc. to use weapons. :D
RZ is noob clan. Let them use weapons

Agreed.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2019, 05:22:09 pm »

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2019, 02:34:11 am »
Just because you can fly a rustler well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can.

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2019, 03:43:22 am »
Why don't you understand. Only because some people can't fly rustlers block them. LMAO

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2019, 10:53:32 am »
Just because you can fly a rustler well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can.
But that doesn't matter! It's fair gameplay. No one is glitching, no one is cheating, everyone is on a level playing field. How many different things can you apply this to where it's an equally fair situation?

"Just because you can shoot well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can."
"Just because you can drive well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can."
"Just because you can stunt well enough to take out the president doesn't mean everyone can."