Author Topic: Making PTP alive  (Read 10790 times)

Offline Lizard_Person

• VIP
  • Score: 9026
  • A rehabilitated retard
Re: Making PTP alive
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 06:43:19 pm »
It would be better to drag the server behind a bar, load one bullet into it and move one.

While many great memories were made in the server, it is time for it to retire. The regulars have either left, when they were heroes, or became cancer spreading players. Either way, the server is dying. Slowly, but still dying.

What I propose is to, on the last day, throw a big party in the server. Jetpacks, hunters, whatever, and rampage across the whole map, while chasing the president, who will be Jonne.
RIP PTP
PTP's last day or your last day in the server?
PTP's
Safe for work content only. Done with that retard shit.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2019, 06:55:02 am »
I think jonne should discuss with their staff team about reviving the gamemode with some new features. Maybe the gamemode got boring (as iBen explained). We need something new which will be very different from the current gamemode but represents the insignia "Protect the President".
Herro there!

Offline Brian_Walker

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • H e L L o
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2019, 11:24:49 am »
I think jonne should discuss with their staff team about reviving the gamemode with some new features. Maybe the gamemode got boring (as iBen explained). We need something new which will be very different from the current gamemode but represents the insignia "Protect the President".
Herro there!

I can help
Life is to short to play Samp

Offline The iBen

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2019, 01:00:53 pm »
Herro there!

Bruh, I love your attitude.

I was thinking returning for a bit but when I saw low numbers, like 10 wish. It wasn't worth my time and also (Matt would love this) I have an iMac now to replace my ageing pc. What Jonne and everyone could do is reform the game mode. Like look at changing things to make the mode better. I mean common, all we do is protect or hunt down the president. Maybe change how the game work but without changing the objective of the mode. This game was fun back in the day, do you people remember that I did stupid things? Like camp on that bridge near terror spawn in RC? or camp somewhere dumb in LV? everyone seems to camp at a regular spot when they become trump. I got a few ideas that could help

1. okay I know people hate big ass maps like NSA, so why not chop two maps in half and combine them. For an example, chop RC and LS in half and combine them? (I'm so smart, why didn't anyone think of this when complaining about maps?)

2. Reform the roles/class, Who here goes swat class?

3. reform VIP. (okay people will hate me for suggesting this)

4. reforms admins and duty (Okay its great that you have an admin policy but we could look at reforming the duties and responsibilities of admins, have an operational admin who handles operations of the service when Jonne is away or something. just a thought)

5. as a community, lets look at having a strategic plan or an improvement plan for the community and the game mode and review it like once a year or something. Have a committee where they do this. (okay I so I know people just want to play but the members of the community and admins could do this.)

Thats just ideas but I know we all have a life and stuff. But I like this community, that's why I stuck around long. so people, post why it's boring, sucks etc and as a community we can see what's wrong and fix it.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2019, 05:19:53 pm »
Herro there!

Bruh, I love your attitude.

I was thinking returning for a bit but when I saw low numbers, like 10 wish. It wasn't worth my time and also (Matt would love this) I have an iMac now to replace my ageing pc. What Jonne and everyone could do is reform the game mode. Like look at changing things to make the mode better. I mean common, all we do is protect or hunt down the president. Maybe change how the game work but without changing the objective of the mode. This game was fun back in the day, do you people remember that I did stupid things? Like camp on that bridge near terror spawn in RC? or camp somewhere dumb in LV? everyone seems to camp at a regular spot when they become trump. I got a few ideas that could help

1. okay I know people hate big ass maps like NSA, so why not chop two maps in half and combine them. For an example, chop RC and LS in half and combine them? (I'm so smart, why didn't anyone think of this when complaining about maps?)

2. Reform the roles/class, Who here goes swat class?

3. reform VIP. (okay people will hate me for suggesting this)

4. reforms admins and duty (Okay its great that you have an admin policy but we could look at reforming the duties and responsibilities of admins, have an operational admin who handles operations of the service when Jonne is away or something. just a thought)

5. as a community, lets look at having a strategic plan or an improvement plan for the community and the game mode and review it like once a year or something. Have a committee where they do this. (okay I so I know people just want to play but the members of the community and admins could do this.)

Thats just ideas but I know we all have a life and stuff. But I like this community, that's why I stuck around long. so people, post why it's boring, sucks etc and as a community we can see what's wrong and fix it.
......if and only if the people of PTP allow to have some changes here which is impossible as most of them will not agree on something. Let Jonne take the actions as its his server after all. He should take some serious steps after watching the downfall in players count. If I were him, I would have done something good with the server to revive it back to it's feet.
Better late than never though. Lets hope Jonne have some ideas on this one.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2019, 05:52:36 pm »
I agree on most changes though.It's the others that inert the progress.Voting should be irrelevant,actually.Or admin opinions.If they see that something new can be done,which will be beneficial to the gamemode either major or minor,let them do it.See,the seasonal decorations,hat and all...that all brought a little bit of change into the server.It's more fun playing now.Maybe some things could permanently stay,like the /santahat.Or some new accessories can be brought in.The changes need not be all that big.Just give us something new,that's all.And don't be like,how Jonne or others usually explain "I don't see how this can improve the game" or smth like that.Changes are changes.Maybe not always necessarily positive;but still,things should be tried out.It's easy deleting them afterwards,if they ruin the play.
Let's roll

Offline jimbi

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2019, 07:11:31 am »
All things considered, we should just ban low intelect creep like safi which is hated by 95 % server players. And actually all mouse rapers. I'm feeling sorry for them, the game with normal players like GSW, RD, DsE clanmates would be rational and well balanced.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2019, 11:13:47 am »
the game with normal players like GSW
Oh the irony :D

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2019, 11:36:29 am »
I have an idea of what should be done,but won't make a suggestion post since admins and my opponents don't give a fuck about what I say.
I had an idea that enemy markers should be removed from map.Secs would see only secs/cops/swat,terros would only see other terros,civs would see civs,and everyone would see BOTH president and vice on the map,both marked with the same kind of marker,yellow.That way,all the forces attacking/defending would be split in two.The terrorists would have to determine which one is the president and then inform the others.Also,people wouldn't be able to whine anymore about vice being invisible.That would add to the challenge of the game,people wouldn't be able to know where specific people are so there would be less duels.Armor zones would have limit of staying,and people would have to leave them after that or start losing health.If you all want to fix the gamemode,this should be done,in my opinion.We need to stop the gang wars,which was determined long ago.
Let's roll

Offline Scott_

• Mod
  • Score: 148392
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2019, 03:30:59 pm »
I have an idea of what should be done,but won't make a suggestion post since admins and my opponents don't give a fuck about what I say.
I had an idea that enemy markers should be removed from map.Secs would see only secs/cops/swat,terros would only see other terros,civs would see civs,and everyone would see BOTH president and vice on the map,both marked with the same kind of marker,yellow.That way,all the forces attacking/defending would be split in two.The terrorists would have to determine which one is the president and then inform the others.Also,people wouldn't be able to whine anymore about vice being invisible.That would add to the challenge of the game,people wouldn't be able to know where specific people are so there would be less duels.Armor zones would have limit of staying,and people would have to leave them after that or start losing health.If you all want to fix the gamemode,this should be done,in my opinion.We need to stop the gang wars,which was determined long ago.
About president invisibility..
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=2355.0#top
About armour camp..
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=4879.0

And please just because of clan war server is alive, it just like real world president minding his own business and terrorist being evil and attacking civils and cop, in real world all the terrorist does not target president always. Before suggesting please go through the previous suggestions.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2019, 05:52:09 pm »
Sounds good to me srex.
And I think no armour camping should be brought back just like last time as cool down time still doesn't give that much effect which was supposed to give. Combo of no armour camping and cool down time will settle things up if my assumption goes right.
About the visibility of Vice and invisibility of terrors, lets give it a try as this sounds more interesting and will be a surprising challenge for both the ends (either protectors or terrors).

Offline Singh

• Score: 93383
  • Unban kardo!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2019, 03:28:05 am »
Wow!This is great idea,i think it must be try.+1
Unban krdo

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2019, 05:54:05 pm »
Sorry,I don't have that much free time to waste on other suggestions,and I never said the president should be invisible.I said that vice should stop being invisible on the map,and that him and the president should both have a yellow marker each,so the terrorists would have to chase both to determine which one is the right one.Plus it resembles the "Bait" mission in the original name,or whatever the name of the mission was.
Second thing second,clan wars should be stopped.It's been a problem for quite long.We need to have people engage in the gamemode.Or do you fear the server you're leading will die out if people stop doing what they want?What kind of authority are you if you're letting the players do as they please just because the player count is usually small?
And as for the invisibility of players on the map,it's more challenging to always focus on the surroundings,rather than everyone being invisible,which is unrealistic irl. Plus we'd be letting people chase after specific targets,which is another form of clan wars.It's more fun to always aim and try to notice the assaulters. That can add to the element of surprise.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 05:56:47 pm by Srex_Zangetsu »
Let's roll

Offline Airman

• Air1
  • Admin
  • Score: 31960
    • Discover Tunisia
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2019, 07:50:21 pm »
Imagine having 8 Vices at the same time , they would be able to destroy everyone without anybody noticing them.
That's why making opposite team's markers invisible on the map would not be a good idea
Though it would be better if enemy team's markers are invisible only when they are far away except for the presi ofc

Sorry,I don't have that much free time to waste on other suggestions
You can use the search feature , it's fast & simple :)

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Yo
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 11:37:02 am »
Not really,since we have snipers and all,we could always stay on guard.If people zoomed around,they'd be able to see if someone's coming.And communication between players would be of greater importance then.Well,maybe it is a bad idea,but haven't even tried it yet. :P
As for search...I'll think about it.Thanks.
Let's roll