Author Topic: Lag abuse  (Read 5187 times)

Offline [RZ]Citraxe

• VIP
  • Score: 50815
  • RZ_Life style
Re: Lag abuse
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 07:37:12 pm »
I think you guys didnt understand the point of my topic, and maybe i didnt express myself well, what i wanted to say isnt about the pings, for example 'Rezo' is a guy who plays with 150 ping which is somewhat normal, but Lags like hell, when you shoot him he gets the dmg dealt 5 min after you hit him, im not accusing him of anything but its still shady af.
and there are a lot of people like that, having normal to low ping and lagging like hell

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138566
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 08:46:26 am »
I think you guys didnt understand the point of my topic, and maybe i didnt express myself well, what i wanted to say isnt about the pings, for example 'Rezo' is a guy who plays with 150 ping which is somewhat normal, but Lags like hell, when you shoot him he gets the dmg dealt 5 min after you hit him, im not accusing him of anything but its still shady af.
and there are a lot of people like that, having normal to low ping and lagging like hell
yep

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2019, 09:26:05 am »
I agreed with you even when I'm snipering someone and I shotted him/her but didn't take any damage. Same goes to other weapons.

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 04:17:19 pm »
Well if you still think that ping is the only reason for these *lags* in game, then you may need to know about Packet Loss

WHAT IS PACKET LOSS?
Packet loss is the failure of packets to arrive at their destination. This can happen for many reasons. Some are related to the design of the network. For example some TCP/IP stacks use a method called slow start in an attempt to control congestion. The slow start algorithm inserts traffic into the network until packet loss occurs.

WHAT CAUSES PACKET LOSS?
• Network congestion. Information travels through multiple devices and links. If any of those points is maxed out a queue is going to form and the information pass through more slowly, and even get discarded if a certain amount of time has passed. Unlike bottlenecks, this kind of issue isn’t restricted to a single node, but is a generalized problem.
• Wi-Fi. It’s pretty normal for packets to be lost on Wi-Fi networks, as wireless networks are open to some unpredictable and/or uncontrollable elements, such as interference from other wireless networks, distance, thick medieval walls around Starbucks in Kraków, etc.
• Bugs in network devices. The software on your network devices may be corrupted, or buggy, so update it when necessary.

HOW DOES IT EFFECT ON THE GAME?
Certain protocols such as the Real Time Protocols used for streaming, Voice over IP and gaming are particularly susceptible to packet loss. Packet loss can cause degrading speech quality in VOIP and both degraded speech and video quality when streaming from audio / video feeds. Gammers often find cursors and animation sluggish making it very difficult to play real-time multi-player games. Other protocols such as HTTP, FTP, Etc. are less susceptible to packet loss. They usually only slow down as the packet losses increase transmission times due to the need to retransmit a significant number of packets.

Also you can also check some good stuff here  ;D
https://www.submarinecablemap.com/
That's fascinating-- you can tell how much the US and Russia trust each other by the total lack of direct cables between them (looks like a similar situation with China, but it's hard to see).

Meanwhile, at the NSA...

I really like they somehow managed to get a cable to Norway. XD
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 04:39:23 pm »
There can be many sources of lag. It could depend on a bad wifi connection, other people on your network, basically everything between the server and you. Determining if it's intentional or not is very hard, but if you suspect someone you can always report them.