Author Topic: Start enforcing /duty. (especially for terrorist)  (Read 5398 times)

Offline CapriciousRobber

• Score: Unknown
Start enforcing /duty. (especially for terrorist)
« on: January 23, 2018, 07:32:41 pm »
Recently I've been playing some boring games of PTP. It isn't anything wrong with the game itself, it's the lack of enforcement of /duty. Security members often deviate from the task that is to protect the president, which makes the game boring. Terrorist go out of their way to follow a security/police half way across the map, taking their attention away from the president. Once again, makes it boring. My suggestion is simple: start enforcing /duty more.

I get that game is frivolous and we're all here to have fun. But I get robbed of that fun when people don't know how to play an objective based mode. It's frustrating to have to give in and play the stupid game of "follow the security around the map" or "run away from the terrorist until he inevitably catches up to you." It's boring. I really wish admins would start enforcing the /duty.

Also, something I want to mention. I'm constantly seeing people in game chanting the same tired out bit: "terrorist don't have a /duty, they can chase whoever they want." I don't mean to offend anyone, but that notion is very stupid. Terrorist DO have a /duty. It's to kill the president. You make the game boring when you don't at least attempt to do your job. If it IS true that terrorist do not have a /duty, then why are they GIVEN one when they type "/duty"? If terrorist are meant to be like civilians, (a class that I hate a lot and wish wasn't even in the game)  why explicitly give them a duty? Why not make the /duty command for terrorist resemble that of the civilian's /duty command? I don't get it...

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
Re: Start enforcing /duty. (especially for terrorist)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 07:52:10 pm »
+1
%

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 46597
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 10:10:34 pm »
Yeah I understand you

Clan war = GO COP EZ OR GO TERRO NAB

Offline [RZ]Citraxe

• VIP
  • Score: 50815
  • RZ_Life style
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 03:53:52 am »
i understand that for the security /duty is important because the presidents safety depends on it, but enforcing it on terros and cops , that's pointless , and even stupid , terros can kill whomever they want to kill , same goes for cops and civs .
so -1
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:19:05 am by [RZ]Citraxe »

Offline lax

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 04:51:03 am »
I don't think that enforcing /duty for terrorists would be good, they are free to kill anyone they see(as in their enemies that are displayed in /duty). Main duty which applies to security because half of the time security is following civs or terros and some terros successfully kill the president in that time and we found out that there were no securities. /duty is a dialog which is for newbies when they become terro, so that they can know what they have to do.

About Cops vs Terrors:

There is no problem with this, they are killing each other(For some revenge or shit). That is a different story, in that case, they are neither harming president nor civs. There are some terros which do go for president rather than fighting at armors. We do have them, so I guess applying /duty for terrorist class wont be a good idea.

Offline Judah

• Score: 124
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 09:32:48 am »
+1 now they will accuse you of writing essays but duty MUST be enforced.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 09:36:13 am »
Lol at regulars for taking out a single line out of security /duty and then telling it's a issue when the fact is it's not that big of a issue than cops not doing their /duty.

Fluidity of duty isn't even mentioned. The very first line is you 'must' help in 'protecting' the president.

It's hypocritical to practice fluid duty as cop and not participating in gamemode and then blaming newbie securities for it all.
%

Offline [RZ]Citraxe

• VIP
  • RZ_Life style
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 03:38:31 pm »
Lol at regulars for taking out a single line out of security /duty and then telling it's a issue when the fact is it's not that big of a issue than cops not doing their /duty.
Fluidity of duty isn't even mentioned. The very first line is you 'must' help in 'protecting' the president.
if you read the server rules it doesnt say that cops must protect the president , look in here : https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=136.0
and the only reason why securities are the ones who must protect the president and must do their duty is because his safety depends on it , and each time the president dies , securites respawn with him , NOT COPS !!! ...
so why dont you read the ingame rules and respect them with as much fluidity as possible  ;)

Offline CapriciousRobber

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 06:43:20 pm »
i understand that for the security /duty is important because the presidents safety depends on it, but enforcing it on terros and cops , that's pointless , and even stupid , terros can kill whomever they want to kill , same goes for cops and civs .
so -1

you cannot say that /duty is required for one class but not for another. either both of them have to follow /duty, or none of them do. i hate this "security must follow /duty but terrorist don't" narrative. it defeats the point of the game and makes one class special and the other inconsequential.

I don't think that enforcing /duty for terrorists would be good, they are free to kill anyone they see(as in their enemies that are displayed in /duty). Main duty which applies to security because half of the time security is following civs or terros and some terros successfully kill the president in that time and we found out that there were no securities. /duty is a dialog which is for newbies when they become terro, so that they can know what they have to do.

how is that a bad thing? how is enforcing a rule that is already in place a bad thing? terrorist run around contributing nothing to the game. please, can we stop this "security has to do /duty but terrorist don't" rhetoric. i get that terrorist love ruining the game by deviating from the objective, but it has to stop.

About Cops vs Terrors:

There is no problem with this, they are killing each other(For some revenge or shit). That is a different story, in that case, they are neither harming president nor civs. There are some terros which do go for president rather than fighting at armors. We do have them, so I guess applying /duty for terrorist class wont be a good idea.

but this isn't cop vs terrorist. there is a literal game mode for that called cops vs. robbers. go do that. PTP isn't a secondary cops vs. robbers. it's an objective based game that is a bad game if terrorist do not attempt to kill the president.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 04:27:11 pm by Jonne »

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »
Nope -1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 12:21:38 am »
There's always that newbie who thinks he knows everything. -1

Offline [RZ]Citraxe

• VIP
  • RZ_Life style
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 03:32:28 am »
so -1

you cannot say that /duty is required for one class but not for another. either both of them have to follow /duty, or none of them do. i hate this "security must follow /duty but terrorist don't" narrative. it defeats the point of the game and makes one class special and the other inconsequential.
Do you understand what "Ingame rules" means ??!!!! it means that you have to follow those rules to play ingame , and as i suggested for newbies link you to go and see in the like i provided for you , the rules don't say cops and terros and civs have to respect their duty, it mentions only secs , and if it was for cops to protect presi too , they would've made it so each time president dies , cops respawn with him too .... Got it ?? and that's the way it has been since my past 8 years of playing this server :)

Offline Luka

• VIP
  • Score: 20091
  • LuKa[PPLV]
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 04:23:15 am »
You can't force to us to play how you want,if you want follow your duty do /rc s :)

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 06:04:10 am »
You can't force to us to play how you want,if you want follow your duty do /rc s :)

Well i see secs that dont follow duty... Should i report?
Admins will do something?

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2018, 06:56:22 am »
and the only reason why securities are the ones who must protect the president and must do their duty is because his safety depends on it , and each time the president dies , securites respawn with him , NOT COPS !!! ...
so why dont you read the ingame rules and respect them with as much fluidity as possible  ;)
What the fuck are the security protecting against if no one follows their duty? Why don't you think about what you're saying?

Do you understand what "Ingame rules" means ??!!!! it means that you have to follow those rules to play ingame , and as i suggested for newbies link you to go and see in the like i provided for you , the rules don't say cops and terros and civs have to respect their duty, it mentions only secs , and if it was for cops to protect presi too , they would've made it so each time president dies , cops respawn with him too .... Got it ?? and that's the way it has been since my past 8 years of playing this server :)
Why does /duty even exist, if it's not there to follow? Maybe you've ignored the rules for 8 years, but that doesn't mean that they don't exist or aren't there for a reason. The forum post mentions security specifically because it's particularly damaging if they ignore their duty, because the President (usually) depends on them. However, the gamemode itself depends on people following their /duty. If every terrorist ignored their duty (killing the President), then what is the point of the game? Protect the President from what? A bunch of cops and terrorists fighting over an armor pickup across the map?

There's always that newbie who thinks he knows everything. -1
It's not just newbies- you just suggested playing the game without vehicles in interiors that are too small to even keep the spawnpoints reasonable distances away from each other.

So basically, everyone in the server can do whatever they want while the security mindlessly protects against people who are fucking around? If you want to fuck around and ignore the gamemode, do /rc c or /q.