Author Topic: Tips and tricks for flying well  (Read 54401 times)

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
Re: Tips and tricks for flying well
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2017, 01:29:53 pm »
Slipping into the ship using thrust vectoring

What the hell haha I never thought it would be possible to do this xD Amazing!

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2017, 02:11:47 pm »

Haha, nice one... I remember this moment... Frez puto was dancing in the last minute and YoMama appears #OuttaNowhere  :o

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 08:25:45 am »
I've added some more videos:
The Rustler
Shooting down a Shamal
Attacking a motorcycle II: ramming multiple motorcycles and chasing the President
Attacking a motorcycle III: Attacking a vehicle in a difficult environment
Attacking the President (gameplay)

...and a suggested keyboard mapping:
Suggested keyboard mapping
This mapping (using the terms defined in the previous section) lets you fly with one hand and operate the camera with the other and operate all necessary controls simultaneously. It's helpful for driving too! If you want to modify the controls further, keep in mind that you need to be able to use both of the yaw controls (for looking behind), both of the throttle controls (for helicopter descents) and one control for the pitch and roll each simultaneously (plus firing controls), worst case.

Left hand, keyboard:
Pitch: W and S
Roll: A and D
Yaw: Z and C (or L-Shift and Space, or any other combination that is comfortable)

Right hand, mouse:
Secondary fire: Left mouse
Throttle decrease/increase: Middle and Right mouse

Credits
  • I would also like to thank [SAR]Noah, an excellent pilot and opponent whose keyboard configuration I have included in this guide.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 01:23:32 am by YoMama »

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 8091
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2017, 03:13:25 pm »
1. Ohh YoMama tu forma de volar parece tan ameno, me gusto como destruiste el helicóptero tocando el rotor creo que lo tendré que practicar y arrastar las motos
2. Attacking a motorcycle III:... Este video cuenta con contenido de AdShare MG for a Third Party, quien lo bloqueó por razones relacionadas con los derechos de autor.
3. "Attacking the President" afecta en algo el /fpslimit  durante el vuelo o cual es el perfecto para jugar vi que utilizaste el 30 para jugar normalmente?
Pobre Dilma_Br, le gusta mucho volar también pero no llego al aeropuerto kkkkkkkkkkk
4. Con respecto a los controles me podrias  mostrar tu mapeo del teclado/raton?
yo eh intentado jugar con el joystick pero después de un tiempo se me hace difícil apuntar y disparar, creo que lo mejor seria usar el mapeo de Noah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Ohh YoMama your way of flying looks so nice, I like how you destroyed the helicopter touching the rotor I think I'll have to practice and drag the bikes.
2. Attacking a motorcycle III:... This video features content from AdShare MG for a Third Party, which blocked it for copyright reasons.
3. Does "Attacking the President" affect /fpslimit during flight or what is the perfect one to play I saw you use the 30 to play normally?
Poor Dilma_Br, she loves flying too, but he can't get to the airport.
4. Regarding the controls, could you show me your keyboard/mouse mapping?
I've tried to play with the joystick but after a while it's hard for me to aim and shoot, I think it would be better to use Noah's mapping.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:27 am »

Haha, nice one... I remember this moment... Frez puto was dancing in the last minute and YoMama appears #OuttaNowhere  :o

Outstanding. Well done

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2017, 01:55:33 am »

Outstanding. Well done
It's a lot easier than it looks- try it! You'd probably be able to do it better than I did it in the video, since I was sloppily doing it as a last resort. Just make sure it doesn't flip upside down and that you don't hit the front or the rudder too hard (since you need the rotation control).

1. Ohh YoMama tu forma de volar parece tan ameno, me gusto como destruiste el helicóptero tocando el rotor creo que lo tendré que practicar y arrastar las motos
2. Attacking a motorcycle III:... Este video cuenta con contenido de AdShare MG for a Third Party, quien lo bloqueó por razones relacionadas con los derechos de autor.
3. "Attacking the President" afecta en algo el /fpslimit  durante el vuelo o cual es el perfecto para jugar vi que utilizaste el 30 para jugar normalmente?
Pobre Dilma_Br, le gusta mucho volar también pero no llego al aeropuerto kkkkkkkkkkk
4. Con respecto a los controles me podrias  mostrar tu mapeo del teclado/raton?
yo eh intentado jugar con el joystick pero después de un tiempo se me hace difícil apuntar y disparar, creo que lo mejor seria usar el mapeo de Noah

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Ohh YoMama your way of flying looks so nice, I like how you destroyed the helicopter touching the rotor I think I'll have to practice and drag the bikes.
2. Attacking a motorcycle III:... This video features content from AdShare MG for a Third Party, which blocked it for copyright reasons.
3. Does "Attacking the President" affect /fpslimit during flight or what is the perfect one to play I saw you use the 30 to play normally?
Poor Dilma_Br, she loves flying too, but he can't get to the airport.
4. Regarding the controls, could you show me your keyboard/mouse mapping?
I've tried to play with the joystick but after a while it's hard for me to aim and shoot, I think it would be better to use Noah's mapping.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
1. Watch out when you touch the rotor- if you do it too slowly, you might get caught in the explosion. Ramming people is pretty easy as long as they don't know you're trying to do it.
2. I've removed the music that was causing the issue. Let me know if you have any further problems.
3. Yes, I usually use 30 FPS. I switch to 20 when I'm in the water because you can swim faster at lower FPS (try swimming at 20 vs 90 and you'll see that you can barely move at 90). I have macros for switching between them, typing /ej (/ej responds faster than hitting the Y key), /ccolor, etc. I think you can drive/fly faster at higher FPSes, but I've never seriously tested it.
4. I use a gamepad (the now-discontinued Logitech Rumblepad 2) when I usually play. I have my left hand as you would expect, but with my right, I operate the view stick with my first finger, the throttle controls with my thumb, and the right rudder with my second finger. When I occasionally play with the keyboard and mouse, I prefer this:

Left hand, keyboard:
Pitch: W and S
Roll: A and D
Yaw: L-Shift and Space

Right hand, mouse:
Secondary fire: Left mouse
Throttle decrease/increase: Middle and Right mouse
Primary fire: another button on my mouse

I'm not used to it, but it lets me do everything I can do with my gamepad. I think keyboard and mouse is better for dogfighting, since you have a lot more control over the view than with the gamepad. I tend to lose opponents from my screen with the gamepad view control more than I would with the mouse. You also can't look up/down in a Hydra with the gamepad because those controls operate the thrust vectoring.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 02:05:50 am by YoMama »

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2017, 11:40:41 am »
3. Yes, I usually use 30 FPS. I switch to 20 when I'm in the water because you can swim faster at lower FPS (try swimming at 20 vs 90 and you'll see that you can barely move at 90). I have macros for switching between them, typing /ej (/ej responds faster than hitting the Y key), /ccolor, etc. I think you can drive/fly faster at higher FPSes, but I've never seriously tested it.
Macros? What kind of software do you use? I'm interested.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2017, 05:39:37 pm »
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2017, 08:06:13 am »
Macros? What kind of software do you use? I'm interested.
I use the antiquated software that came with my gamepad, Logitech Gaming Software 5.10. I can press combinations of buttons to type commands to the chat with it. AutoHotKey is the gold standard for macros, using the keyboard or a gamepad (I have considered switching, but I am pretty happy with my current setup). Lohit's linked macro program basically works the same way as my crappy Logitech program- but you can do even more with AutoHotKey (however, Lohit's is probably better for SA:MP because it's easy and the only macros you'll ever need are in the chat).

Before I used macros, I used to keep /ej in the chat so all I'd have to do was hit t then enter to eject.

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 8091
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2017, 03:52:28 pm »
Just a quick question YoMama, do you use ctrl or zero in the numpad to fire in the rustler?

I always find ctrl easier for me and more effective while maneuvering
I don't use either, since I have a controller. If I had to use the keyboard, I would set up everything so I could use my left hand to fly and my right to move the mouse. When I occasionally do use the keyboard, I use Ctrl because it's close and easy.
Oh I've got this joystic:

But it's not compatible with GTA SA... I can just play Flight Simulator with it.. Did you try some kind of joystic before Yomama?

Hola, se que hay algunos programas que te permiten un joystick comun para hacerle creer que es un joystick de xbox360 . También poder  emular el teclado y mouse en el joystick (ej configurar una tecla "x" del joystick para  emular  la tecla "Control" y disparar con el joystick)

Xpadder,XBOX360ce ,AutoHotkey...    :)

PD:Espero que te funcione.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I know there are some programs that allow you a common joystick to make you think it's an xbox360 joystick. Also be able to emulate the keyboard and mouse on the joystick (e. g. configure an "x" key on the joystick to emulate the "Control" key and shoot with the joystick)

Xpadder,XBOX360ce ,AutoHotkey...   

PS: I hope it works for you. :)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2017, 10:27:04 am »
I've made the videos public now, since most of them are so short that it's kind of annoying to click through the links (plus it's good server advertising). I may sort them into YouTube playlists in the future.

Offline FlapJack[M.I.B]

• VIP
  • FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2017, 10:04:42 am »
Thanks For that Tip YoMama! Very Helpfull 👍👍

Offline DragBoy

« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2017, 07:53:26 am »
Outstanding xD.

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2018, 05:29:43 am »
1. Hydra is not the faster vehicle in the game.
2. Have you ever tried to fly backward AND at the same time unpisde down?
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2018, 07:22:42 am »
1. Hydra is not the faster vehicle in the game.
2. Have you ever tried to fly backward AND at the same time unpisde down?
1. If you say so, then what is the fastest?
2. Yes. It's not that difficult- just flatten out upside down when you fall backwards. Instead of retracing your steps from the apex of the curve, mirror them, so the climb/fall looks like this:

Flying backwards and upright would involve retracing the half on the left backwards while falling. Following path mirrored across the line of the apex flips you over. The problem then is keeping it going upside down.