Author Topic: [Fixed]Bug in the anti-enter glitch system  (Read 2975 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
[Fixed]Bug in the anti-enter glitch system
« on: December 06, 2018, 07:02:33 am »
Recently, a script was added to make it difficult to abuse the enter glitch— the one where you get on/off or in/out of a vehicle over and over to stop someone from hurting you. The problem is, it also impacts people like me who make speedy vehicle changes. I often come skidding to a halt next to an NRG and get right on, but the new system prevents me from doing this because I'm too fast, even though I'm not doing anything wrong. Instead of riding away at a possibly critical moment, I end up having to sit there and wait 2 seconds for it to let me get on. This also happens when I get into planes, as I often jump right out of an old plane right next to the cockpit of a new one to change or roll out of a car right up to the cockpit. I'm sure this would come up in many more situations for many different people given enough time. For example, I could see someone starting to get out of a car, then immediately realizing they made a mistake and someone's about to bear down on them and kill them unless they drive off immediately, but they're prevented from getting in by the system.

Making it so the system only applies if you've gotten in and out of a vehicle with no pauses repeatedly, as opposed to just once, would fix the problem. Alternatively, making it so the system doesn't do anything when the previous and next vehicle IDs are different would partially fix this, and/or making it so the system only applies if you're being shot at.

Without a fix, the issue I'm describing is already more common and annoying, in my experience, than the abuse of the glitch that the system is trying to prevent.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:18:14 pm by Quido »

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
Re: Bug in the anti-enter glitch system
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 08:09:14 am »
Yes, I experienced this too when I was President and I had to change my NRG. I usually have the habit of pressing get in key twice or thrice when in a rush. The script prevented me from getting in thrice and the freeze I got were enough for the Terrorist to kill me and I died. RIP

Offline Seven

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • To obtain peace, you have to win the war.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 01:54:05 pm »
I agree with the player yomama and uzupuzu the new command of 2 seconds is something frustrating that if you are in the middle of war and you need to go as fast as possible with the car with which you arrived those 2 seconds can cost you your life.

Remove the 2 seconds to enter the same car is not the solution, maybe improve it.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 12:30:02 am »
There's also the problem of being knocked off a bike and trying to get back on, which I just experienced.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 06:48:51 pm »
Thank you for your feedback. The fix has been developed and it is going to appear ingame soon. :)
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 06:20:16 am »
Thank you for your feedback. The fix has been developed and it is going to appear ingame soon. :)
Okay, let me know when it's live and I'll see if I have any more issues.