Author Topic: Disable post counts gained from Off-Topic  (Read 14886 times)

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
Re: Disable post counts gained from Off-Topic
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 05:17:36 pm »
Who cares about post count lol!

Safi , Cubey , Chetan , LPCOLTER , Thunderstorm, Darwin , Lukaz , Madman , Demo, Flapjack , AlexCJ.. seems like we've got a list here for you.

Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Luka

• VIP
  • Score: 20091
  • LuKa[PPLV]
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2018, 06:16:54 pm »
Why dafuq,hurts if anyone has more posts than others? dude omg we are on the 2018 stop with this retarted shit lol

Offline Hicham

• VIP
  • Score: 10910
  • She heard what he said and she had no regrets
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2018, 06:53:04 pm »
who gives a fine fuck about that lol
I hope you find a love that's true so the morning light can shine on you.
I hope you find what you're looking for so your heart is warm forever more. cv?

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2018, 07:12:55 pm »
Honestly I do. Not that I don't want others to have a better (?) badge or a higher post count than me. I would give everyone any badge, stars or any amount of post count they want without a question if I could. But I'm just sick of seeing new non-sense topics everyday or topics from months before in 'Suggestions' section getting digged up. Hell, I even saw some guys wishing happy birthday to the same guy 2-3 times in a topic. It's really annoying to witness how hard some guys try to get their post counts up, as if they will receive anything in return.

Offline Hicham

• VIP
  • Score: 10910
  • She heard what he said and she had no regrets
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2018, 10:18:09 pm »
Honestly I do. Not that I don't want others to have a better (?) badge or a higher post count than me. I would give everyone any badge, stars or any amount of post count they want without a question if I could. But I'm just sick of seeing new non-sense topics everyday or topics from months before in 'Suggestions' section getting digged up. Hell, I even saw some guys wishing happy birthday to the same guy 2-3 times in a topic. It's really annoying to witness how hard some guys try to get their post counts up, as if they will receive anything in return.
well i didn't read the whole thing but you're probably right
I hope you find a love that's true so the morning light can shine on you.
I hope you find what you're looking for so your heart is warm forever more. cv?

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2018, 11:36:16 pm »

and nibba wut

Is this what are you taking care of it?  ??? Unlike this Maybe:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carg hacked the Post Per day.  ::)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 11:38:08 pm by Magic »

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2018, 11:10:43 am »
Personally, I think too much importance and value is given to the number of forum posts and forum ranks when there are no tangible benefits to be achieved out of having them. A person's post count doesn't automatically make their arguments more/less valid or their posts more/less worth reading, nor does it boost the image other forum users have of them.

Removing the posts which were made in the Off Topic would only add to the illusion of the perceived significance of these features. It could cause the spammy topics and posts to transfer over to General Discussions and Suggestions, which wouldn't raise the quality of forum discussions but only increase the involvement of administrators in moderating these topics/posts. I see the current situation as the "lesser evil".
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 12:20:10 pm by Nikola »

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56402
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2018, 01:38:14 pm »
Yes you're right I don't even know what are stars for
+1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Haunter

• VIP
  • Score: 65001
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2018, 03:46:36 pm »
Yes you're right I don't even know what are stars for
+1
Honestly,  It's self explanatory , the registered players have yellow colored stars which increase the more they post : Newbie (1 star) , Jr member (2 stars) , Full member (3 stars) , Sr member (4 stars) and Hero member for 5 stars. However VIP's have a set 2 stars which represent their level ( level 2) ; they are turquoise stars which don't increase although their status does change  the more they post. For moderators they have a set of 3 stars (green) which also don't increase (because it represent's their level as level 3's). For admin's they have a set 4 stars (light blue) which don't increase , however the status does and the same for the management.
I don't think it's that hard to understand but there you go.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:39:55 pm by Haunter »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2018, 11:15:48 pm »
I honestly didn't give a shit until I read this topic. The only thing I really get from post counts and ranks on the forum is amusement from seeing old players have "junior" ranks because the whole thing is pointless (I'm looking at you, Nikola :) ). I guess I also like being able to see if someone has two posts and is posting in the suggestions section for PR after posting in the ban appeals section.

After reading this topic though, I get why people don't like it. I say, remove post count and post count-based rankings entirely and replace them with a "Member since YYYY" badge.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2018, 12:20:06 am »
I don't agree with this suggestion at all. The reason is that because post count has been a part of forum sionce the beginning, we can't simply remove, sounds ridiculous for me, removing something which has been a part of the forum.. I mean comon.. do you think it's nice ? I don't say this because I like the posts count, I really don't care but I don't an old feature of the forum to be gone. We can remove the posts count increasing from the off-topic I don't mind but not completely. -1

I honestly didn't give a shit until I read this topic. The only thing I really get from post counts and ranks on the forum is amusement from seeing old players have "junior" ranks because the whole thing is pointless (I'm looking at you, Nikola :) ). I guess I also like being able to see if someone has two posts and is posting in the suggestions section for PR after posting in the ban appeals section.

After reading this topic though, I get why people don't like it. I say, remove post count and post count-based rankings entirely and replace them with a "Member since YYYY" badge.

I 100% agree with this, showing old player's time sounds cool. For adding it along with the post count not to remove it.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2018, 08:08:02 am »
I don't agree with this suggestion at all. The reason is that because post count has been a part of forum sionce the beginning, we can't simply remove, sounds ridiculous for me, removing something which has been a part of the forum.. I mean comon.. do you think it's nice ? I don't say this because I like the posts count, I really don't care but I don't an old feature of the forum to be gone. We can remove the posts count increasing from the off-topic I don't mind but not completely. -1
Okay, I don't like this "always been this way" argument that's been showing up here recently. How is that a good reason not to change things? It may be true that it's "always been this way", but what was the reason it was that way in the first place? It's like the U.S. moronically sticking to the imperial system of measurement because "it's always been this way" when there weren't many good reasons why the U.S. didn't switch over to the metric system when it was first a possibility.

In this case, it was probably because post counting was a default feature on the forum, and no one thought about it much or decided to change it. Now we're thinking about it, and I haven't really seen any good arguments against removing post counting, but I've seen plenty for removing it. Just because thought wasn't put into certain features in the beginning doesn't mean that thought shouldn't be put into them later. If everyone thought this way, we probably wouldn't have had the means to have this forum to begin with.

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2018, 08:21:44 am »
Lohit don't you think if post counts are disabled from the Off Topics section people with start spamming the suggestions board with useless topics such as 'Give Free Saw and Sniper' isn't it?
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2018, 10:15:06 am »
"People will start talking shit in other boards just because off topic post count is disabled" is entirely bullshit. There are things such as forum moderation and rules on bthis forum. It was in Old PTP and I didn't see any issues, makes me wonder why it wasn't implemented in this forum.

Removing everything just because "SOME" users are abusing is so stupid. Next time someone sbuses the modify feature a lot so what you'll suggest then, remove it?

Learn how to impose rules on members then just removing it ffs

Bring back the no post count on off topic and everything will solved.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2018, 10:46:45 am »
You want to decrease forum posts? What the fuck is this shit. If the player spams,simply warn him. The forums are meant to discuss and post various topics.
This is getting ridiculous.