Author Topic: Combine IRC and Discord.  (Read 10517 times)

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
Re: Combine IRC and Discord.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 05:23:05 pm »

But why? They are supposed to have different functions. You guys don't realise that admins would not only have to moderate IRC but discord at the same time if this gets implemented.
Player: join my server ip:...
he gets kicked on IRC or banned

we can make active members from discord as admins/mods for discord stuff ain't it?
Not really needed, increases the amount of spam in both places at one time and also brings a lot of confusion. Leave it as it is.
you dont even use it!! how can you knoww? plus we can add moderation bots to prevent spam many bots are available OKAY?

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 05:26:54 pm »
I dont think its really needed.
Same -1
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 06:18:17 pm »

But why? They are supposed to have different functions. You guys don't realise that admins would not only have to moderate IRC but discord at the same time if this gets implemented.

we can make active members from discord as admins/mods for discord stuff ain't it?
Not really needed, increases the amount of spam in both places at one time and also brings a lot of confusion. Leave it as it is.
you dont even use it!! how can you knoww? plus we can add moderation bots to prevent spam many bots are available OKAY?
That's not really how it works around here, there won't be any seperate moderators or whatever. Also, discord bots are rather slow in delivering messages so I'm not sure how it would perform with IRC messages.

For anyone who has used ptp discord knows what kinda shitstorm it is. There are many more stuff to add/fix than doing this. Not needed.
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 06:31:13 am »

That's not really how it works around here, there won't be any seperate moderators or whatever. Also, discord bots are rather slow in delivering messages so I'm not sure how it would perform with IRC messages.

For anyone who has used ptp discord knows what kinda shitstorm it is. There are many more stuff to add/fix than doing this. Not needed.
Woaah, add a new channel thats simple

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 07:46:33 am »
no added

Offline Jack_Bhai

• Score: 30191
  • PWNT!
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 06:52:52 pm »
+1

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2018, 11:25:11 am »

Offline Cyrus_

• VIP
  • Score: 26973
  • ThuG 4 Life
    • ThuG : True Heroes Under God
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 07:40:34 pm »
+2
⭐⭐✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪ Lil Thug ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪⭐⭐
[/cen

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 06:10:33 am »
This is retarded -1

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 139242
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 12:24:51 pm »

Offline FlapJack[M.I.B]

• VIP
  • FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 01:55:04 pm »
No needed -1
I dont think its really needed.
But why? Give apropriate reason

We Only use discord when we are at War, which rarely happens so for me it won't be necessary. Plus I don't really like talking 😂
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 01:48:48 pm by FlapJack[M.I.B] »

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 08:26:13 am »
This is retarded -1
How is this retarted?
Combining them is easy and you don't have to open the mIRC and discord both on pc
Combining them will easily allow you to function like mirc making you show online everytime

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 11:26:41 pm »
This is retarded -1
How is this retarted?
Combining them is easy and you don't have to open the mIRC and discord both on pc
Combining them will easily allow you to function like mirc making you show online everytime
There is no such thing as combining, not even with a silly retarded script. Both work differently and have different features. And just because you children prefer idling on Discord doesn't mean that's what others like. IRC has been around for decades and serves as a great platform for viewing chat and doing administrative duties. Don't think Discord works like that.

Besides if you combined them, you won't technically be online on IRC or on Discord, and vice versa.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2018, 03:42:55 am »
I was thinking about something similar, but using Telegram instead. Telegram bots can do anything you can write on a script, so I'm pretty sure it's possible to make them echo the in-game chat and respond to commands, just like in IRC.

It would be easier to set up (as simple as clicking on a link to join the chat) and use and, as many people already use Telegram, you wouldn't have to install additional software. You wouldn't need bouncers to keep you always online, Telegram always saves the messages whether you are on or offline (some bouncers are paid, and the free ones only save up to a number of lines, usually 5000). And the Android/iOS apps are way more stable, customizable... (better) than any IRC client. Also, it would be cool to have a channel you could join to receive alerts when there's an event, get updated when the server is down, to find out about the latest updates or to announce important polls going on in the forums. It would keep people more connected to the server when they can't play, in some sort of way :p

But I imagine this is quite difficult to make. I definitely have no clue how to carry it out.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:45:24 am by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 10:13:11 am »
But Mia, how many players do yoy think are using Telegram?
100+ members are already there on the discord server plus i have shown the link in which the guy does it successfully within
minutes.
It isn't that tough.