Poll

Do you like the suggestions and want them implemented?(look at my post)

Take away VIP weapon benefits and give them more cosmetic ones
Rearrange all weapon packs and thus balance the battle power of each class
Make additional civilian and terrorist classes
Turn the civilian class into these: allied - hostile - neutral
Downgrade all dual wield weapons (uzi and handgun) to single wield
Create a command for the president to make allies from civilian class
Hire more admins and resolve the hacker problems
Make all 100% determined hack detections permanently banned
Make cooperation between "clan" players in hostile classes punishable
Put neutral civilians into godmode without the ability to hurt or be hurt by others
Implement more avatar skins
VOTE ALL(mark this to vote for all options)
VOTE NONE(mark this to vote against all options)

Author Topic: The reformation of the server:available or not?  (Read 14750 times)

Offline AhMeD

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: The reformation of the server:available or not?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2019, 05:04:34 am »
Let everything like as it is pls. If you removed the saw and sniper then you have fucked all the vips and all of them will feel like they have wasted their money. And if you give everyone saw and sniper then players who used to donate to get these weapons will no longer donate since it was the main reason of making them donate, also vips will feel that they got no specific weapons for them which is bullshit, skins are not enough. 

So either removing them from everyone or giving them to everyone will just lead that two things will happen.

1- Vips will get annoyed and feel like they wasted their money.
2- there will be no more donations for the server, since you have given everyone vip weapons, players won't donate for skin lol.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2019, 08:16:51 am »
Jonne tested sniper nerfing yesterday, it appears that setting the sniper skill level to 0 doesn't affect its efficiency in any shape or form. Chainsaw is a melee weapon, so trying to edit something here is pointless. Therefore, it's a choice of whether to leave everything as is and continue turning off newbies or try the 'equality' route (removing sniper and chainsaw altogether would prove catastrophic, I'm afraid).
Shit, that's too bad. It would have made things easier. Glad we finally know, though. Is this the same for all the other weapons? The skill is supposed to affect movement speed during use as well.

Isn't it possible to change the amount of damage a weapon does? What about correlating sniper damage to the distance? Or adding some kind of randomness, adding a delay between shots, limiting ammo, etc.? It's not like there's one way to nerf it.

Let everything like as it is pls. If you removed the saw and sniper then you have fucked all the vips and all of them will feel like they have wasted their money. And if you give everyone saw and sniper then players who used to donate to get these weapons will no longer donate since it was the main reason of making them donate, also vips will feel that they got no specific weapons for them which is bullshit, skins are not enough. 

So either removing them from everyone or giving them to everyone will just lead that two things will happen.

1- Vips will get annoyed and feel like they wasted their money.
2- there will be no more donations for the server, since you have given everyone vip weapons, players won't donate for skin lol.
You get fast skins, nitro/hydraulics, force-reclassing (which is now limited, so we've already set a precedent for scaling back VIP features), and plenty of other little goodies. It's not like you'd be bereft of VIP features. Honestly, I'm okay with the saw remaining if the sniper goes-- the saw is OP like the combat shotgun is; it's useless at a distance.

I think if we'd had a server owner at the time lagcomp happened who actually cared about balancing when it affected people who were not himself, this would have never been an issue. The sniper was never so ridiculously powerful before, but since he benefited, he didn't fix it.

Offline EnGin

• VIP
  • Score: 6539
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2019, 09:27:44 am »
We can simply decrease the damage given by the sniper? maybe that solve the problem

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2019, 10:24:40 pm »
ded server
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Tuco

• VIP
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 01:06:53 am »
This is going to be my tenth year playing PTP:

I think that the main issue that requires reformation is the fact that not even a 20% of the server likes the freaking Gamemode. What's the point of playing a server whose name is PROTECT THE PRESIDENT if you are not going to participate in either protecting him or attacking him?

This is the main factor that keeps me from playing more...

I am sure you will be happier playing Battlefield, or CoD servers.... or GTA Online. Please, leave this server for the people who likes the GM.

I would be radical and I'd suggest taking health from people that are, i.e., figthing against each other but KMs away from the president.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2019, 04:17:58 pm »
If you removed the saw and sniper then you have fucked all the vips and all of them will feel like they have wasted their money. And if you give everyone saw and sniper then players who used to donate to get these weapons will no longer donate since it was the main reason of making them donate, also vips will feel that they got no specific weapons for them which is bullshit, skins are not enough. 
Hmph you're the one to talk,you play with nothing but sniper smh what's the point of playing when VIPs take out their snipers and everyone else is supposed to sit like a duck?
+1 for Tuco.I'm one of those that plays because the mode is such as it is.Not for the kills.And those who follow my play know that I only play as a defender and/or civilian,plus I do not randomly shoot civilians if they agree to help.That's what the game should be like more.ROLEPLAYING.
One more thing: of course it's almost impossible to determine if some people are cooperating when it's forbidden.Because we don't have admins online 24/7.If we had them,they'd keep an eye on the game and analyze every report that comes from the players.
I don't need snipers to be nerfed,they need to be confiscated.As YoMama said,you still have other benefits,plus you could get some other minor weapons.But then we'd need a big re-balance.Why not have a maintenance and replace all classess' weapons as they should be?VIPs could have the rifle by default,while randoms would have to type /holiday eng, and get fewer bullets.The same could go for the spray can.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 04:19:57 pm by Srex_Zangetsu »
Let's roll

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2019, 09:41:48 am »
So,14 out of 24 people voted for changes,ones or the others.Will there be something done?Do I post again,for the people who would vote for changes,to decide what should/could be done?I expect a lot from the admins.Also,we deff need more admins,who would keep the activity continuity and check all /reports and if there are some obvious hackers.I urge admins to ban all hackers for good since they really spoil the game.
Let's roll

Offline cobby

• VIP
  • Score: 102450
  • THE PRO OF PRO'S- Still Mastering Ulta Instinct!
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2019, 06:05:11 am »
@Jonne - its time for u to come here plz.sleepy jonne
Power Rising! Magnetizing! Come on can you hear me now! Not even the gods can win nowww!

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2019, 06:11:55 pm »
  • Take away VIP weapon benefits and give them more cosmetic ones
    This has been added in the meanwhile (not taking away the weapons, but everyone has access to them now)
  • Rearrange all weapon packs and thus balance the battle power of each class
    There won't be a perfect balance, unless we give all classes exactly the same weapons, which is not something we're planning on doing. The new system allows us to have custom weapon damages, so maybe we can balance things a but more with that
  • Make additional civilian and terrorist classes
    Won't be added
  • Turn the civilian class into these: allied - hostile - neutral
    Won't be added, that's why we have classes
  • Downgrade all dual wield weapons (uzi and handgun) to single wield
    Won't be added
  • Create a command for the president to make allies from civilian class
    Won't be added
  • Hire more admins and resolve the hacker problems
    We're always doing this, that's why there are mod selections every 3 months
  • Make all 100% determined hack detections permanently banned
    We believe in giving people second changes, and we'll continue doing that. We have standardised punishment lengths, so everyone gets the same treatment and punishments
  • Make cooperation between "clan" players in hostile classes punishable
    We have a rule against teamblocking (when someone blocks their own team to aid the opposing team). We'll clear up the rules so it's a bit clearer what's allowed and what's not
  • Put neutral civilians into godmode without the ability to hurt or be hurt by others
    This won't be added
  • Implement more avatar skins
    https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=5062.0