Author Topic: [Added]Suggestions to increase president survival chances  (Read 11430 times)

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
[Added]Suggestions to increase president survival chances
« on: June 29, 2017, 10:00:33 pm »
Trashtalk(reasons why we need these suggestions), you can skip this part:

Let's face it, the uniqueness of this server lies in the concept of  a president that has to be protected but how many times have you actually seen a president surviving? How many times do you think that the map changes because  a president survived whole 14 minutes? Rare,  and that too when a regular player becomes president(nsa map).

The thing is, killing president is too easy when compared to actually protecting him(in most of the cases). Secondly, some player that has just connected for the first time will most probably pick either president/vice or security class. And just in case it is a newbie who picked president , we can rarely find any regular protecting him as security(not even the ones who talk about playing the gamemode). Bam, now we have a weak president with a super weak security. I have been playing as security and tbh it is lot more fun than killing president. And it is good to see that more of our regular players have started to pick security class. Protecting is indeed harder than killing president but tbh it is a lot more fun too.

In this thread I will keep adding suggestions for the president survival  and would like to discuss them with others. If you have any other suggestions related to this, kindly reply here and I will add it to the main post.

Already suggested:
A. Separate spawn for vice (to avoid confusion caused by yellow name tag, team jacking, and both presi/vice sitting in same vehicle)
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=1790.0

B. A key that can be pressed by the president to call for urgent backup, an announcement on screen of all the members of protecting class.
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=1848.0

Others:
1. Whenever a person picks security class , a brief msg about their duty to be displayed on the screen (right below the hud, below that "time remaining" text). Just copy paste what is mentioned in /duty
A similar thing for president and vice president because most of them are too dumb to even realise that they have to keep themselves safe and not run away without securities.

2. An anti jacking system also for the driver of president. Just like how a security gets slapped for jacking president, the one jacking some president's driver should be slapped. On an average president wastes around 15 seconds in this mess caused by team jacking . As a result , president either leaves the spawn too late or just leave without enough securities.

3. Add more slots for security class. I don't know how exactly the team balancing thing works but I'd surely like to have less of those "this class isn't available" for non vip players. Add more slots! Maybe reduce a few from cop class.

4. A +15 armour(only the white bar, NOT the red health bar) for a security that gets a kill near president (including civs because of the civs are isis that kill president). Now this might be hard to script but i think it will surely encourage securities to kill enemies near president and not just watch him getting banged.
 The area should be big enough to like cover whole baseball stadium if the president is standing in the centre of it. That i think should be the prefect radius. The radius of area around president can be discussed/decided by staff.

5. Better cars/bikes at president spawn. Yes, i know how the ptp has themed things (ak 47 for terros, m4 for cops , nrg for terros, police bike for cops, fbi ranchers for security) but there are still few better additions/replacement that we can make.
-> 1-2 pcj 600 bikes at president spawn. Fbi ranchers are easy targets for snipers/spas db so an option of bike might be helpful+ it might help stunt lovers.
-> 1-2 Banshee at president spawn. Looks too fancy to be an official vehicle but adding 1-2 such cars won't ruin the theme.

6. Sniper rifle with 20-30 bullets for vice president. I still believe that some vice presidents actually help president. And a sniper for vice can surely provide good sniper support. This most probably won't be that effective but it is worth giving a try because vice has nothing much to do.

Ps: I was inactive when that 'letting president fly heli' thing was suggested. I completely agree that it will make game more challenging and a lot more fun than the usual and  boring terro-presi chase.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:10:03 pm by Jonne »

Offline Drama

• I'm off
Re: Suggestions to increase president survival chances
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 04:03:30 am »
I don't like reading essay's

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:08:09 am »
I don't like reading essay's
I will try to give a fuck about it next time. Thanks for replying :)

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 07:46:29 am »
Good idea,Nice one.

For the suggestions i have one good ithink.

-Remove swat class and make new one - the new class "xxxx" will can kill terror,police and civs they cant kill secs and president. its will make more balance because the terrors more powerful in same team.
team up with 4-5 men on car (terrorist) can kill president in 2-4 mins....

add secs slots good option too.

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 07:57:41 am »
Short version.
Killing presi is ezy than to protect him as most of presi , vice and sec class is picked by newbies who are new/unaware of gamemode , duties and teams. Hence less survival chances of noob presi (with noob secs) resulting frequent map changes. Noob presi with noob secs is so miserable that people are holding  competitions to kill them in >1 min ? I feel for Mr. president :(
Suggestions
1. Separate spawn for vice.
2. Urgent backup call using hotkey for presi and secs.
3. Duty to be displayed on the screen of presi, vice and sec class (right below the hud, below that "time
    remaining" text) .
4. Anti-jacking system for presi's driver.
5. More slots for secs without unbalancing teams(maybe reducing slots from cops and swats).
6. Kill reward system for secs. Secs getting reward of +15 armour by getting a kill near presi.
7. New bikes and cars for presi spawn
8. Vice with 20-30 sniper bullets.(duties of vice should be extended more from hiding and do nothing)(worth a shot)
9. Presi flying heli.

p.s. He does makes sense .. i have been thinking on some of the above mentioned suggestions too and was about to make a topic myself .
+1 to my duck for all suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:11:31 am by TurnBuLL »

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 08:19:17 am »
Yeah this suggestion pack has got valid reasons to make it possible so I give +1 many of them. But I have some questions on:

4. A +15 armour(only the white bar, NOT the red health bar) for a security that gets a kill near president (including civs because of the civs are isis that kill president). Now this might be hard to script but i think it will surely encourage securities to kill enemies near president and not just watch him getting banged.
 The area should be big enough to like cover whole baseball stadium if the president is standing in the centre of it. That i think should be the prefect radius. The radius of area around president can be discussed/decided by staff.
This will bring some confusion in server about health toggling and make admins/mods work harder, so I don't think that we need another problem comes with in the solution.

6. Sniper rifle with 20-30 bullets for vice president. I still believe that some vice presidents actually help president. And a sniper for vice can surely provide good sniper support. This most probably won't be that effective but it is worth giving a try because vice has nothing much to do.
VIP players already getting sniper when they are Vice President, but it's not that powerful.. I prefer some rocket launcher with 5 ammo(less or more) in NSA map personally...

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 04:30:11 pm »
I can't really say anything about each suggestion one by one but protecting the president will (and should) always be harder than killing him as most of the time (nrg whoring might be an exception) the whole protecting team should be well-organized while terrorists can get the job done all alone.

Offline SoLoD

• Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 05:01:23 pm »
Lets face it - nobody gives a fuck about newbies on the server.
And it is kinda weird for me to read time after time this type of suggestions.
Your ptp reality is next:
1. When vip is taking president - all other vips are switching to sec/cops. So, ~10 vip secs, ~10 cops, ~5-6 civs are playing vs ~5-6 lvl 0-1 terrors.
2. When some newb is taking president - no vips are taking secs, and vips that taking cops - just camp at armor spawns and do not really give a fuck about president.
So please, since ptp forum is an area for vips to talk, do not pretend that you really want to help newbs.
Because if you want - you always can be security for newbee presi.

What about this +15 armor points - i want to hear from admins how hard is it to make, because with this feature you can solve so many problems on ptp.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline EnGin

• VIP
  • Score: 6539
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 05:11:26 pm »
Good idea,Nice one.

-Remove swat class and make new one - the new class "xxxx" will can kill terror,police and civs they cant kill secs and president. its will make more balance because the terrors more powerful in same team.

Another civ class? which can't kill president, but can kill others?

Offline Barto

• VIP
  • PPLV Clan Co-Leader
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2017, 05:12:50 pm »
Your ptp reality is next:
1. When vip is taking president - all other vips are switching to sec/cops. So, ~10 vip secs, ~10 cops, ~5-6 civs are playing vs ~5-6 lvl 0-1 terrors.
2. When some newb is taking president - no vips are taking secs, and vips that taking cops - just camp at armor spawns and do not really give a fuck about president.
So please, since ptp forum is an area for vips to talk, do not pretend that you really want to help newbs.

What about this +15 armor points - i want to hear from admins how hard is it to make, because with this feature you can solve so many problems on ptp.
SoLoD you are so bitterly toward the server nowadays, but that doesn't mean that other might have another view toward it. And face it, the numbers show that the server never been more popular. So skip the long bitterly reaction and just say -1 I don't agree, instead of this speech about you being right and everyone else being selfish.

About the suggestion I agree with Cobra.

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 05:43:08 pm »
Just 1 to 5 is good +1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 06:25:20 pm »
Good idea,Nice one.

Another civ class? which can't kill president, but can kill others?

Yea something like that.

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72333
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 10:50:22 pm »
A. Separate spawn for vice (to avoid confusion caused by yellow name tag, team jacking, and both presi/vice sitting in same vehicle)
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=1790.0
+1
B. A key that can be pressed by the president to call for urgent backup, an announcement on screen of all the members of protecting class.
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=1848.0
+1
1. Whenever a person picks security class , a brief msg about their duty to be displayed on the screen (right below the hud, below that "time remaining" text). Just copy paste what is mentioned in /duty
A similar thing for president and vice president because most of them are too dumb to even realise that they have to keep themselves safe and not run away without securities.
+1
2. An anti jacking system also for the driver of president. Just like how a security gets slapped for jacking president, the one jacking some president's driver should be slapped. On an average president wastes around 15 seconds in this mess caused by team jacking . As a result , president either leaves the spawn too late or just leave without enough securities.
This might help, +1
3. Add more slots for security class. I don't know how exactly the team balancing thing works but I'd surely like to have less of those "this class isn't available" for non vip players. Add more slots! Maybe reduce a few from cop class.
Yes, as SoloD mentioned, when a newbie chooses to be President, there is a very limited number of security for him. +1
As COBRA said, there will be a lot of confusion when it comes to catching hackers. Instead give them a bonus score, just like how the terrorist get +3 score for killing the President. Neutral
5. Better cars/bikes at president spawn. Yes, i know how the ptp has themed things (ak 47 for terros, m4 for cops , nrg for terros, police bike for cops, fbi ranchers for security) but there are still few better additions/replacement that we can make.
-> 1-2 pcj 600 bikes at president spawn. Fbi ranchers are easy targets for snipers/spas db so an option of bike might be helpful+ it might help stunt lovers.
-> 1-2 Banshee at president spawn. Looks too fancy to be an official vehicle but adding 1-2 such cars won't ruin the theme.
Stunt lovers prefer NRG's. PCJ's  and Banshee's wont make much of a difference here. -1
Sniper rifles are VIP weapons. It shouldn't be given to non VIP's. Let them use the normal rifle (/holiday eng) instead.If the Vice had Snipers, more non-VIP's will choose to be Vice just after the death of the President and the map wouldn't end. -1

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2017, 02:07:10 am »
I agree with everything you suggested Saurabh, except the one gerting 15% armor for security when killing an enemy near the president.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2017, 12:20:54 pm »
No way. Another class that can kill police? Why? As i said protecting class(cops/swat/secs)  don't need more attackers.

This will bring some confusion in server about health toggling and make admins/mods work harder, so I don't think that we need another problem comes with in the solution.

VIP players already getting sniper when they are Vice President, but it's not that powerful.. I prefer some rocket launcher with 5 ammo(less or more) in NSA map personally...
I don't thing giving +15 armour idea will make it hard for admins. How hard is it to check if the sec got a kill and that the +15 armour was a reward for that? Maybe we can add a text above the player like "+15 armour" like we have for "under spawn protection" and "sync". And no way it will be harder for admins to detect hh, i have seen such kill reward system in a few servers.

Mixed answer for both cobra and Glenn:
About the sniper for vip, it is powerful if president is camping. And i didn't suggest nades/explosive weps for vice/sec because they might just kill themselves with it(just like how most of the players nade themselves). I still think that a sniper with 30-40 ammo is neither 'unfair' for vip players nor too powerful to make players wanna be vice all the time.

I can't really say anything about each suggestion one by one but protecting the president will (and should) always be harder than killing him as most of the time (nrg whoring might be an exception) the whole protecting team should be well-organized while terrorists can get the job done all alone.
Exactly. And when you ask some player if he want to join security team , you can expect a reply like " That president will die anyway. Noob team " and then you can see the same player killing the president.

Lets face it, solod should relax and maybe go for a vacation (?). Why do you always 'try' to bash regulars for something that you can yourself do nothing about? And NO, this suggestion is not about newbies so there is no point about arguing if i am pretending to care about newbies. This suggestion is about increasing president survival chances. Read this line again solod.

Btw, you weren't around much and i can bet I have chosen security class and actually protected president more than you do. In fact, you are the clear winner of "Best offduty security" award. Don't believe me? Record yourself and check.
Indeed, this is most probably the one thing that can make securities actually stick with presi and clear out enemies. We can't punish secs for being away from President but at least we can reward them for being with him.
And about the feasibility, i am sure this can be scripted, only problem is about deciding the area's radius.

@Glenn
Nobody gives a fuck about scores. Rewarding a +15 armour will be like a praising for doing ur duty + it will help that security to survive longer and hence protect the president longer. And mention what confusion it can create. If you think it will make it harder to detect health hack toogle(like cobra said) then you are definitely wrong there. @admins, pls enlighten us

About the pcj/banshee addition, ofc it will help. Have you ever tried spectating president spawn and noticed like 2-4 morons who waste whole 1 minute to successfully hop over the fbi rancher? Fbi rancher is good but , banshee definitely has better acceleration and top speed+easy to hop on + not that easy to get toppled/flipped. And i suggested pcj because having an option of bike is always good. Ofc it can't beat nrg but in country maps , it can beat sanchez.
For the vice president sniper part, read my reply to cobra.

@Faroos and  madman, kindly mention the reason why you are against some suggestion(s) so that it can be discussed. If your reasons are same as that of other players above, read my replies.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:25:09 pm by Saurabh »