Author Topic: Spawn Protection Civilians  (Read 15506 times)

Offline Niks

• VIP
  • Score: 67011
  • GgT <3
Spawn Protection Civilians
« on: December 26, 2016, 04:35:56 am »
Hello everyone

I just want to clarify one thing from past many days about what actually spawnkilling is for civilians, before the addition of the spawn protection area(yellow part),the ppl killed near the spawn is considered to be a spawn killing,  but now as a spawn protection, if any person just left the boundary of spawn protection area losses his spawn protection and may be killed by any player,which is very very near to spawn, would it be considered as a spawn killing?? As ppl use to say you already left your spawn, so is the yellow area is the only spawn area?
Like in some maps this area is so big like in LV and the maps like NSA it is very limitted...I am really not able to understand it properly about whats spawnkilling is for civilians...

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
Re: Spawn Protection Civilians
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 10:02:52 am »
as soon as you leave spawn,and loose spawn protection,i guess it's not considered as spawn killing.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 11:27:29 am »
Hello there,

As far as I know and what I believe and what admins told me is that if you leave the yellow colored area of the spawn, it means you left your spawn. It doesn't matter if you just left it or if you came back, what ever you do if you leave the yellow portion it means you left your spawn and if you die or kill someone it will not count as spawnkilling.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 12:00:42 pm »
I would like to suggest to increase the zone a bit. For example, in Red County the spawn protection zone ends near the two airplanes and this one dude kept shooting them up as soon as someone got into one of them. Nothing too large that's what she said >:D, but I think it wouldn't hurt if that no-spawn killing zone got extended

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 01:32:57 pm »
I guess the spawnkilling issue is almost resolved nowadays. The principle is very simple: if you are under spawn protection, you shouldn't be attacked, and it is punishable. Otherwise you can be attacked and killed without any restrictions.

But, again, I would improve it a bit as I said here. I have already faced a situation when our opponents ran to civilian spawn and camped there while being protected by their invulnerable civilian friends. Besides, when we accidentally hit them, the popup window appeared, stunning us. So, the spawn protection must be lifted either if player leaves his spawning zone, or starts to shoot anyone, or specified amount of time passes.

As for expanding spawning zones, I agree that it is needed, +1. Also they must be defined and shown on the minimap for each class spawn.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Niks

• VIP
  • GgT <3
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 09:29:59 pm »
It was not like that Altus, Aki jailed me for killing the civilian who came to spawn back after roaming outside  from the spawn zone( and the funniest thing is that guy was trying to car park me but when he failed and left his car I just chainsawed him)  but unfortunately i got jailed just after that, so basically its not still clear where the punishment starts for the spawnkill or shoot...

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 09:52:37 pm »
It was not like that Altus, Aki jailed me for killing the civilian who came to spawn back after roaming outside  from the spawn zone( and the funniest thing is that guy was trying to car park me but when he failed and left his car I just chainsawed him)  but unfortunately i got jailed just after that, so basically its not still clear where the punishment starts for the spawnkill or shoot...
Oh, sorry to hear that (no sarcasm). If it is true, you should've talked to Aki and explained him the whole situation, I guess he would be capable to tell if you are lying or not and act accordingly.

Of course, I do not represent the official position of our administration, I just state my own opinion. But I used to think that it actually correlates with administration position... If the issue remains, I guess we should ask a question in the respective topic. Or do it yourself if you already feel that it is needed.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Niks

• VIP
  • GgT <3
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 08:07:55 pm »
I think its clear now..If still problem persists then we get back to this...
Admins can lock this topic..