Author Topic: [To be added]Prevent camping by disabling pickups until another is used  (Read 2466 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
I think we all can agree that the current setup does not discourage camping at the health and armor pickups because it's profitable just to camp at the most convenient pickups (like the ones at Union Station or whatever it's called in LS). Most people don't want to forgo armor, nor do they want to go to an alternate location, so they keep getting killed at the convenient spawn. It's so bad that as a terrorist, I can often ignore armor entirely and kill the President without it, since the police are all tied up killing people at the armor spawn who think they need it.

I think disabling the last-used pickup on a per-player basis until another one is used would help. For example, a Union Station pickup would not respawn for me after I used it until I used another one. In order to get the Union Station health pickup to respawn for me, I would have to use the one at the hospital or elsewhere first. Meanwhile, someone who used the hospital pickup last would be able to use the Union Station one but not the hospital one again (since it's on a per-player basis). Similarly, in order to get the Union Station armor pickup to respawn, I would have to use a different one first. I guess this would reset on dying, but that might make it forgiving enough that people continue camping at the station anyway, so maybe not. If people still camp at the convenient places, make it so the system doesn't reset between spawns. This would force people to go to different pickups when they spawn or forgo armor, which would deprive the campers of their flow of targets.

Since the whole point would be to discourage players from fighting at the pickups instead of playing the game and going after the President, the President's pickup usage wouldn't be directly affected by the system. In other words, the pickups would remain as they currently are for him-- he can't ignore the gamemode by camping at pickups because the entire gamemode revolves around where he is. However, if he does choose to camp at a pickup area (he stays within a certain distance of the pickup for a period of time) or uses the pickup, it gets reset for everyone.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:12:16 am by Jonne »

Offline Acze

• Score: 6216
Re: Prevent camping by disabling pickups until another is used
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 12:53:53 am »
+

Offline Seven

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • To obtain peace, you have to win the war.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 04:29:32 am »
-1 From my part, i like everything as it is.

Offline Chetan

• VIP
  • Score: 23203
  • No time for bullshits
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 07:46:15 am »
I'd like the server to make some update which discourages this clan wars things and *FIGHTS* for some things. Camping should be removed (especially near armours).

I really like your point and the idea to disable pickups until another is used. This will not completely remove camping but it'd be able to discourage people to camp at armours to some extent.

Also,

Please force clans to do duties instead of protecting their guy from the clan. Its too boring when your clanmate is president and you go either sec or cop to protect him or go civil and do nothing. Its worse when you are the only one trying to kill the president and half of the server is protecting him lol. Fuck the clans
"The problem of most people is, they get confused between being beautiful and looking beautiful.

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 10:27:33 am »
I'd like the server to make some update which discourages this clan wars things and *FIGHTS* for some things. Camping should be removed (especially near armours).

I really like your point and the idea to disable pickups until another is used. This will not completely remove camping but it'd be able to discourage people to camp at armours to some extent.

Also,

Please force clans to do duties instead of protecting their guy from the clan. Its too boring when your clanmate is president and you go either sec or cop to protect him or go civil and do nothing. Its worse when you are the only one trying to kill the president and half of the server is protecting him lol. Fuck the clans
CHETAN NOW ENEMY SERVER

+1
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2019, 01:26:17 pm »
https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=3426.msg42980#msg42980

Ask Jonne why we cant force them. Youll get interesting messages.
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Zeta

• VIP
  • Score: 138566
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 07:20:15 pm »
+1

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 11:12:06 am »
We could give this a try, and see how it goes. The pickups are client sided now though, so we'd have to completely change how they work, so don't expect it too soon.