Author Topic: YoMama's presidential archive  (Read 1504 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
YoMama's presidential archive
« on: December 13, 2021, 12:17:45 pm »

I came across these videos of me playing as president that I intended to make a tutorial out of. My hope is that they remind some of you of the old times as well as encourage some good old-fashioned NRG chases. They also reveal some of my more closely-guarded stunts (there were a few I would only do when no one was watching to not give them away).

I split the videos into two playlists: the videos that I thought were pretty good, and videos that I thought weren't as interesting or had small moments that were interesting in a largely uninteresting video.
President videos playlist
More president videos, but less engaging

Some of my tactics that you'll see in the videos:
  • I use a lot of radar trickery to make it seem like I'm somewhere I'm really not to make a quick escape and leave my persuers in an inconvenient location. I will do stunts to keep the illusion going if they mean I hop over something that would screw up the illusion.
  • The big fancy stunts are high risk. Even if you succeed, you can be rammed off by a plane, sniped, or someone can just get up to you. Smaller stunts, wallrides, or buildings to drop to are often much more confusing and lower risk. Because you don't risk life and limb doing the stunts, you feel comfortable missing them and/or aborting to confuse people.
  • Flat tires aren't the end of the world. I sometimes deliberately try to get a flat front so losing my back tire isn't catastrophic. Even though you're vulnerable to losing everything due to one tire, it beats being a massive billboard of a target in a car that also can't do stunts.
  • Weaving isn't worth it if you can just go for raw speed.
  • Come up with routes of stunts that you can reliably do that normies can't string together as well.
  • Make up your own stunts and pull them out when people who know what they're doing are chasing you.
  • I will get into the air to throw people off -- sometimes I will follow streets on the map to make it looks like I'm on the ground. If I can't ram my opponents out of the air, I get back down to a bike.
  • Wallrides are really easy, but are confusing and look impressive. They make the LS aqueducts hell for people chasing you when you can get out whenever you want and they're stuck.
  • Know as many locations of NRGs and other motorcycles as you can. You need to have a backup plan for when you lose tires. You also need to be able to get an NRG as quickly and safely as you can when you spawn as president. In maps without NRGs, find fast motorcycles or cars that you like and memorize those locations.
  • Unexpected stunts are effective, particularly when the people chasing you think you're backing yourself into a corner, only to find that you've stunted out of the corner while leaving them stuck there.
  • It's often better to run at low health or vehicle HP to put more distance between you and the people chasing you. Otherwise you might lose more health than you gain.
  • When someone is faster than you, turn into them instead of letting them catch up. Go places where they can't fit or stay behind them if you have an easy escape. If they're really fast, use their speed against them and launch them off a stunt they thought you were going to take until you slam on your brakes.
  • You can lag ram people off their bikes pretty easily, just make sure you do it in a way that doesn't give them time to get your tires afterward.
  • I always keep objects between me and whoever is chasing if I suspect a sniper. I can immediately tell if there's a sniper by looking at the radar (you'll see the two+ blips aren't at the same level -- they won't all flip between square/triangle shapes at the same time).
  • I like to run people around buildings or objects, particularly if I have multiple people chasing who can hit each other. Bonus points if you can let them think they're catching you, then stunt over an object to cut away from the whole situation.
  • There's a magic amount of distance between you and your opponent that keeps you out of range of snipers or covered by buildings, but also gives you the ability to influence how they follow you. When you've got that distance down, get them to follow you down the paths you want and use the knowledge of the path they're taking to your advantage.
  • Learn the map like the back of your hand. Practice stunts when you're playing as other classes -- I use all kinds of shortcuts when I'm chasing the President as well. You'll get to the point where you recognize that something is stuntable or a shortcut that you need and just do it, rather than needing to rehearse everything. Eventually you'll be able to go with the flow and take stunts as you remember or think of relevant ones for where you are on the map, rather than trying to force your path into the few stunts you know so you can take those.

Hope you guys get something out of this. I learned a ton of this from experts like SoLoD and many other members of PPLV, to whom I owe a debt of gratitude for all the time I've enjoyed chasing them and learning from their moves. Keep PTP's NRG and stunt culture alive!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:08:50 pm by YoMama »

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
Re: YoMama's presidential archive
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 08:34:12 am »
Well bro very good post that I didn't see such a wise post for a long time in forum. We try to keep "stunt" culture alive while we surviving as a pres ofc :D Hope to see u in party btw! *Topic Here*

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..