Author Topic: President not leaving spawn  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
President not leaving spawn
« on: August 03, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »
Hello, I'd like to suggest something simple.

In the last couple of weeks I've noticed that many Presidents (mostly non-regulars) are opting to camp at their spawn. Now while they can still be killed after a while, it's not what the Presidents should do. I guess it thinks it will prolong their survival, but that doesn't happen. And when Terrorists attack, they get the message about spawn shooting.
So I think maybe some timer for the President and Securities would do the trick. It really can't take more than 15-20 seconds for them to move out of their spawn. Or at the very last maybe a message across the screen urging the President and his posse to move out

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
Re: President not leaving spawn
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 07:14:06 pm »
In my opinion we shouldn't strict anything more for president, it has enough restrictions already (No swimming, no flying aircraft etc.). But as a solution, it would be good if securities spawn without spawn protection when president decides to camp at his spawn. (If I remember right I or someone else have already suggested this before.)

Offline Epps™

• VIP
  • Score: 21694
  • sha sha sha
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:00:33 pm »
In my opinion we shouldn't strict anything more for president, it has enough restrictions already (No swimming, no flying aircraft etc.). But as a solution, it would be good if securities spawn without spawn protection when president decides to camp at his spawn. (If I remember right I or someone else have already suggested this before.)
That would make it impossible to kill the president with the security spawning again and again without spawn protection killing everyone.

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 08:24:08 pm »
But as a solution, it would be good if securities spawn without spawn protection when president decides to camp at his spawn.
Yup, this is seems fine.

That would make it impossible to kill the president with the security spawning again and again without spawn protection killing everyone.
But it's possible now when securities are spawning again and again with spawn protection on?  :D

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 08:49:00 pm »
It's still better than getting annoying warnings when you accidently hit someone else than president

Offline AruN.

• VIP
  • You think this is a game?
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 11:00:55 pm »
It gets pretty frustrating, trying to get a spawncamper presi, specially in NSA. Something needs to be done abt this.
AruN

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:32:10 am »
I agree that the problem exists, but I still don't like your idea. There is no need to build such redundant artificial restrictions, especially since we have overcome so many of them after Jonne had noticeably extended the scriptwise part of the gamemode. So, -1.

In turn, I suggest to fix a little bug. Right now, securities lose their spawn protection if the President stays on the spawn for more than a minute; same happens with cops if he drives past their spawn. But the freshly spawned cops or securities still have their spawn protection, even if the president is there; it causes chaos and no spawnkilling textboxes randomly popping out for the terrorists, and it should be fixed.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 04:54:35 am »
The expiration of spawn protection while the presi is in his spawn should be reduced to at least 30 seconds. 1 minute is too long

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 09:43:56 am »
30 SECONDS FOR PRESIDENT
10 SECONDS FOR SECURITY

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 02:31:58 am »
Good idea Spectre, at least we will not face this problem again.. it's pretty frustrating. +1

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline IDAN

• VIP
  • PPLV <3
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 12:05:23 pm »
+1

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 01:04:14 pm »
@Altus yeah, I didn't say my suggestion was perfect, I was just trying to bring more attention to this issue with this topic. Every little thing helps, as long as this is solved

Offline Sumit

• Admin
  • Score: 25776
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 06:20:40 pm »
Or Maybe set req time for sec and pres class of  sapwn protection to get over! so he wont camp and other class can kill them

Offline iDanz0r

• VIP
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2017, 03:16:51 pm »
I was about to suggest something similar as well. Presidents do often camps now on their base (especially is NSA). If we put some certain time limit for spawn protection, this would quiet overcome the issue. As, this would force them to either move in-spite of camping or die when the base is invaded.

Also, there's always some players in terror/cop spawn camping on their base for nothing just being idle and chatting which in turn, unbalance the T/C team ratio since neither they're playing nor leaving spawn which actually occupies the team slot for nothing. If their spawn protection expires after a certain period, we might be able to defeat this slot occupying issue.

Although, let there be spawn protection covered in an area for 'civilian' class.
If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them Angry.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »
I was about to suggest something similar as well. Presidents do often camps now on their base (especially is NSA). If we put some certain time limit for spawn protection, this would quiet overcome the issue. As, this would force them to either move in-spite of camping or die when the base is invaded.

Actually, there is a time limit for spawn protection for the president and secs. It's for 1 minute. I think 15-30 seconds would be enough for them to take a car and leave the spawn.

Also, there's always some players in terror/cop spawn camping on their base for nothing just being idle and chatting which in turn, unbalance the T/C team ratio since neither they're playing nor leaving spawn which actually occupies the team slot for nothing. If their spawn protection expires after a certain period, we might be able to defeat this slot occupying issue.

I agree with this. Maybe reclass them to civ if they are detected as idle