Author Topic: Turquoise Islands Launch, Discord & more  (Read 16358 times)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Turquoise Islands Launch, Discord & more
« on: May 16, 2020, 02:09:12 am »
Hi guys,

Tonight (Saturday 16 May), we will be launching a new map on Plan B: Turquoise Islands. First of all, I'd like to thank Cobra, for being the driving force behind this and creating the map, and Carg, for setting up the vehicles, spawns and making sure it's ready for PTP. More information about the map is available
here. So, make sure you don't miss the launch tonight: Saturday 16 May at 20:00 CEST (UTC +2): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Turquoise+Islands+Launch&iso=20200516T20&p1=48

Now, a short overview of the updates we've done since the last topic.
  • Turquoise Islands
    • With the new map, we've also changed the map rotation system. Simply put, the Turquoise Islands map will replace 50% of the NSA occurences. To explain in a little more detail, the map rotation system works is 'cycles', in which we'll play through all maps in a random order. Once we finished a cycle, a new cycle start, with again all of the maps in a different random order.
      • Example: Cycle 1: RC > SF > LS > WV > NSA > LV > FC.
        Cycle 2: WV > LS > Turquoise Islands > SF > FC > RC > LV.
        All of this is randomized, so there will always be a random chance if NSA or Turquoise Islands will be played in the current cycle (which should add up to a 50/50 chance).
    • Snipers and chainsaws will be disabled on this map. For snipers, we feel that the map is too small, as on some islands you'll have a sight on most players. For chainsaws, they simply didn't work on spawned objects, so they're unusable on this map.
    • Any feedback and issues with the map are welcome in this topic.
  • Discord
    • We added echoing for the Discord server, so everything that's available in IRC, is now also available on Discord. If you want to chat ingame, you will have to get verified: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=5974.0
    • One issue we noticed is that Discord does not allow us to send as many messages as IRC does, so sometimes (when there's a lot of players ingame), the echoing might be delayed.
  • Anti team surfing
    • This is an issue that came up with some recent reports. Initially, we just wanted to clear the rule up, but that seemed to bring a lot more questions than it solved. For some perspective, this was our initial thought on clearing the rule up: team members wouldn't be allowed to surf on enemies vehicles (so terros with cops or vice versa). For civilians, it would depend. Were they not engaged in any fights with the team, it would be allowed. If you were engaged in a fight (with the same team of the person you're surfing on), it wouldn't be allowed. Now, I think this is already pretty in-depth, but then there would still be "gray zones", such as, when do you consider they're in a fight, should they be shooting back for it to be called a fight, when would you consider it ended, or what if he accidentally damaged someone on the team. And then we didn't even get to the part on how we would punish for it.

So, instead of making such a rule, we went with a simpler solution, and just making it impossible to surf on a vehicle of the opposing team. Terros can't ride with cops and vice versa, civilians won't be able to ride with terros or cops (it's the same system as with getting in as a passenger). Everyone can still surf if a civilian is the driver. I know that it's not the best solution and will probably cause some frustration, but out of this and making a rule, I think this is the better one. This way, we just make it impossible to do, and admins don't have to interfere. But if you do have a better suggestion on how we can solve this, please let us know!
  • Disabled the sniper object check (checked whether there was an object blocking the sniper shot, in response to this bug: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=5412.0. The fix seemed to bring more bugs than it was fixing things, so we disabled it again: https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?topic=5944.0
  • Added support for placing races in interiors
  • Fixed a bug with the class balancing (so it now calculates how the balance would be after you reclassed, instead of looking at the current balance)
  • Fixed /monthscore, /topprotect, /topattack
  • Added messages on chainsaw spawning

See you tonight!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 02:42:58 am by Jonne »

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
Re: Turquoise Islands Launch, Discord & more
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 06:52:50 am »
Nice updates!

See ya'll tonight!
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 07:47:11 am »
Goodjob

Offline Bingo

• VIP
  • Score: 11697
  • La vie en rose!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 10:18:49 am »
Lets go!!! So excited

A Big thanks to Cobra and you jonne and carg to make this possible!

Offline SaiFi

• VIP
  • Score: 95932
  • What's fame, When I rule the fuckin game
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 10:29:57 am »
Great Job, Jonne!

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 01:03:53 pm »
Hi guys,

Tonight (Saturday 16 May), we will be launching a new map on Plan B: Turquoise Islands. First of all, I'd like to thank Cobra, for being the driving force behind this and creating the map, and Carg, for setting up the vehicles, spawns and making sure it's ready for PTP. More information about the map is available
here. So, make sure you don't miss the launch tonight: Saturday 16 May at 20:00 CEST (UTC +2): https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Turquoise+Islands+Launch&iso=20200516T20&p1=48

Thanks to you Jonne and Carg for giving effort on it, now it's playable with PTP players :) Also yeah people confused about times, please make sure you check the right time for party guys!

See you tonight :D 

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 07:32:43 pm »
How is the new map? Any videos/pics?

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 07:38:44 pm »
For those who can't join due to various reasons.

Im Streaming the event here! (Edit: Yeeted by Copyright)

I will included the YT Chat so you can see the party. Although I will personally recommend Discord or IRC Chat!

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:00:57 am by Shark_The_Helicopter »
%

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 10:46:14 pm »
Hey, i was streaming the event too, Here's the video for that
Me, Matt and Yobe doing sheer comedy xD

PakoVH

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2020, 05:14:02 am »

• Anti team surfing
    • This is an issue that came up with some recent reports. Initially, we just wanted to clear the rule up, but that seemed to bring a lot more questions than it solved. For some perspective, this was our initial thought on clearing the rule up: team members wouldn't be allowed to surf on enemies vehicles (so terros with cops or vice versa). For civilians, it would depend. Were they not engaged in any fights with the team, it would be allowed. If you were engaged in a fight (with the same team of the person you're surfing on), it wouldn't be allowed. Now, I think this is already pretty in-depth, but then there would still be "gray zones", such as, when do you consider they're in a fight, should they be shooting back for it to be called a fight, when would you consider it ended, or what if he accidentally damaged someone on the team. And then we didn't even get to the part on how we would punish for it.

So, instead of making such a rule, we went with a simpler solution, and just making it impossible to surf on a vehicle of the opposing team. Terros can't ride with cops and vice versa, civilians won't be able to ride with terros or cops (it's the same system as with getting in as a passenger). Everyone can still surf if a civilian is the driver. I know that it's not the best solution and will probably cause some frustration, but out of this and making a rule, I think this is the better one. This way, we just make it impossible to do, and admins don't have to interfere. But if you do have a better suggestion on how we can solve this, please let us know!
About this new update today I was playing as terrorist and I jumped over the car of the president to try to kill him but the Anti Surf system moved me down of the car instantly, I don't know If you can test it.

Offline Uzumaki

• VIP
  • Score: 80424
  • The WEEB DUCK!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2020, 05:18:50 am »

• Anti team surfing

About this new update today I was playing as terrorist and I jumped over the car of the president to try to kill him but the Anti Surf system moved me down of the car instantly, I don't know If you can test it.
it is made that way. you can't jump on other teams car.[/list]

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 05:37:47 pm »
For who asked map for Turquoise Islands, very basic map:
(without pirate ships, without cars etc..)

Nostalgia..

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 05:52:26 pm »
Didn’t like the map, I’m not hindering your efforts but it’s just too lame to be Plan B worthy. It’s not competitive, it doesn’t live up to the hype, it’s just not death match material imo
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 05:54:49 pm by Fini »

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 06:53:54 pm »
Didn’t like the map, I’m not hindering your efforts but it’s just too lame to be Plan B worthy. It’s not competitive, it doesn’t live up to the hype, its just not death match material imo
Yeah I can understand your reasons, You are not the one who thinks that, thanks for honest comment!

Nostalgia..

Offline Rage

• VIP
  • Score: 44717
  • ◢ ◤
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 10:02:19 pm »
anyways was nice gg