Poll

Would you like this suggestion to be added?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Relations between civilians and other classes  (Read 12480 times)

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
Re: Relations between civilians and other classes
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 07:17:33 pm »
Since no significant chane has occured  in the past, I'll rather go +1
As Cobra said.

Offline Chaos

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 07:20:19 pm »
Civilians don't have a recommendation from above on how to play, they can help each class in following their gameplay. The advantage of this class is that their duty is fluid, which means that within a minute they can change their mind about who they help. This is a compensation for a weak set of weapons (as it was already said, they’re easy targets) and, in my opinion, it should not change.

Exactly this ^

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2017, 07:41:23 pm »
Civilians don't have a recommendation from above on how to play, they can help each class in following their gameplay. The advantage of this class is that their duty is fluid, which means that within a minute they can change their mind about who they help. This is a compensation for a weak set of weapons (as it was already said, they’re easy targets) and, in my opinion, it should not change.

Exactly this ^
Civilians(trustable) can be used as agents(about which a lot of suggestions have been made)
Civilian is new Swat imo

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2017, 07:45:44 pm »
No need to make a script, no need to add a new rule. Because it will bring here more reports, more complicated stuff instead of solving the issue.
COBRA, but the point of my suggestion is, in turn, to decrease the amount of reports and rulebreakings. Look, the script would prevent the abusive situation, it would make the related 'crime' impossible, thus there won't be no complicated stuff, confusion or unnecessary punishments. Considering this, I don't understand your argumentation.

Since no significant chane has occured  in the past, I'll rather go +1
As Cobra said.
I didn't understand it either. You wrote +1 - to what? To the suggestion? But COBRA seems to be against it. Or did you support his words this way:?

Civilians(trustable) can be used as agents(about which a lot of suggestions have been made)
Civilian is new Swat imo
So he'd ask himself the question out loud: "Can you secure Christmas with an approximation only eighteen million sec­onds left of the original old red chimney?"
"Sure," says Japhy laughing.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 07:48:18 pm »
I wrote +1 because there has to be an update (major)
But i was against it and Supporting Cobra's Views
And Yes The Civilians are new SWAT

Offline Curry

• VIP
  • Hey
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 09:11:10 pm »
I don't think this is a good idea for reasons already stated above.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 12:30:37 am »
Quick three questions for the ones who voted no:
1. Do you think the anti teamkill system was made so you can help civilians escape or harm your team mates?
2a. If your answer was 'no', what would you do to prevent the anti teamkill system from being exploited like that?
2b. If your answer was 'yes', don't you think helping someone to attack your team is, indirectly, the exact opposite thing the anti teamkill is supposed to prevent?

Of course civilians can pick any side at any time, I don't know why you guys are saying that like it had been questioned. They can pick any side because any side can confront them. And this is not possible while a member of one of those sides carries the civilian in their vehicle.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline ZeRo

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 02:21:06 am »
Quick three questions for the ones who voted no:
1. Do you think the anti teamkill system was made so you can help civilians escape or harm your team mates?
2a. If your answer was 'no', what would you do to prevent the anti teamkill system from being exploited like that?
2b. If your answer was 'yes', don't you think helping someone to attack your team is, indirectly, the exact opposite thing the anti teamkill is supposed to prevent?

Of course civilians can pick any side at any time, I don't know why you guys are saying that like it had been questioned. They can pick any side because any side can confront them. And this is not possible while a member of one of those sides carries the civilian in their vehicle.

How about just add a command that allows or disable civilans to enter ur car like /lock and  /unlock [only for civ class] if allow it than make it possible that their vehicle can be damage  by team member when a civ is in there and a terror or police is driving , ofc civ can still be jack the car they just can sit in it when its locked to prevent this Situations. no big scripting needed
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 02:24:27 am by Valero »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 02:30:12 am »
...what would you do to prevent the anti teamkill system from being exploited like that?
A rule against people doing this already exists. Limiting civilians is not the solution nor is it addressing the root of the problem: the teammates who protect them.

...I am suggesting a script which would completely prevent it. There would be no need to punish anyone for it; it would just be impossible to "abuse" this way. Why are you against adding such a script?
I never said I was against adding a script- the word hadn't even come up in the topic until you wrote it in this post. However, I don't see how you could possibly make one that wouldn't just move the problem somewhere else. How do you even begin to work out making it impossible to abuse? How do you determine if a helping civilian killed a moronic team member in self-defense?  How do you handle the case where a civilian is driving a team member, but other team members shoot his car (teamkill)? How do you handle civilians on top of a car? It's just not an easy or worthwhile problem to try to solve with a script. The rule already exists, so it's up to the staff to enforce it.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 03:22:27 am »
...what would you do to prevent the anti teamkill system from being exploited like that?
A rule against people doing this already exists. Limiting civilians is not the solution nor is it addressing the root of the problem: the teammates who protect them.

It exists but it is never applied to civilians. Skittles, civilian, once got in the vicepresident's bike to escape from me, a cop, after he had attacked me and was about to die. We argued about it for some minutes, he told me civilians and vicepresidents weren't 'opposing teams' as the rule says. I told Altus and Altus said the rule needs clarification. So no, I wouldn't say the rules already prevent this from happening
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2017, 06:50:30 am »
The rules regarding Civilians doing this have to be clarified first.

Offline Shawkhawk did nothing wrong!

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2017, 07:39:12 am »
Civilians are weak! Dont change anything!
We can report that terro who is helping civilian for teamkilling if that civilian constantly kills terrorists whith help of his terrorist buddy.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2017, 11:54:13 am »
The votes are your answer, close the topic because it ain’t happening

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »
No need to make a script, no need to add a new rule. Because it will bring here more reports, more complicated stuff instead of solving the issue.
COBRA, but the point of my suggestion is, in turn, to decrease the amount of reports and rulebreakings. Look, the script would prevent the abusive situation, it would make the related 'crime' impossible, thus there won't be no complicated stuff, confusion or unnecessary punishments. Considering this, I don't understand your argumentation.
Oh my words not so clear, so let me tell what I want to mean exactly here then..
I mean there is no need to change anything for the thing which happens so rare. It's not a big deal when some smartass doing it for to gain advantage. We have a rule already:
You are not allowed to help the opposing team in any way.
So whoever helps civilian to kill his teammate, that player will be punished based on this rule. No need to do anything about it. Adding a new script or adding a new rule will make it more complicated stuff just like as the situation we had "no armor shooting" issue in old PTP. Like as more fake reports, more company for staff..

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2017, 01:22:53 pm »
Oh my words not so clear, so let me tell what I want to mean exactly here then..
I mean there is no need to change anything for the thing which happens so rare. It's not a big deal when some smartass doing it for to gain advantage. We have a rule already:
You are not allowed to help the opposing team in any way.
So whoever helps civilian to kill his teammate, that player will be punished based on this rule. No need to do anything about it. Adding a new script or adding a new rule will make it more complicated stuff just like as the situation we had "no armor shooting" issue in old PTP. Like as more fake reports, more company for staff..
ah i don't agree with you cobra in punishing the player that is helping a civil :
for example : i'm a civil and i want to help the president but one of the security is shooting me so i hide in another security's car to ivoid getting shoot,its totally fine and this security doesn't have to get punished for this.
Simply you are creating a problem from a none problem thing altus.
the only thing that must be punished for is "teamkilling" means if you tried to kill the player from your own team to help that specific civil by raming him , carparking , spray ( i'm talking just about helping civilians not other class).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:25:28 pm by Arabiane »