Poll

Would you like this suggestion to be added?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Relations between civilians and other classes  (Read 12498 times)

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
Re: Relations between civilians and other classes
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2017, 01:38:12 pm »
ah i don't agree with you cobra in punishing the player that is helping a civil :
for example : i'm a civil and i want to help the president but one of the security is shooting me so i hide in another security's car to ivoid getting shoot,its totally fine and this security doesn't have to get punished for this.
Oh yeah man ofcourse that is different situation. But there are some smartasses for example: Mia is civil and Altus is security with you. You trying to kill Mia but she hiding in Altus's vehicle and shooting you from there. In that situation; Altus & Mia needs to be punished. That's my point. But otherwise, you don't need to get punished ofc..

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2017, 02:43:55 pm »
Lock this already. The majority have voted.

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 03:07:01 pm »

don't post just to post,we arn't stuped we all see the vote poll.
iven if the majority said No still need to listen to the ones saying Yes to get a better solution for this .
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:10:25 pm by Arabiane »

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 04:46:12 pm »
Your suggestion however can end up in many different ways which would be a mess.

If a civilian, during his lifetime, dealt damage to a member of one of the teams (good or bad), he shouldn't be able to get in the car of a member of this team (just like members of the opposing team) before he respawns.

Reasoning:

Let's start off with an highly probable hypothetical situation

>Terros driveby with NRG,You jog infront of them pretending to be retarded and then you jack their vehicle from front, while preparing to gleefully throttle away while smoking them in the face but sadly the rule will either remove you from the vehicle or won't let you in the first place and hence getting you rekt.

The GrandTheftAuto in your GTASA-MP is denied to you.

This will curb the freedom of the civilian while they are supposed to be...free in game.

If this rule get enforced the following situations will happen:

-O The Civilian can't shoot his chasers at all if he wants to jack their vehicle to get away. Giving an improper advantage to terros.

-O Non Civilian teams enter every vehicle in a small area with limited vehicles and you can't jack em back to escape and I am prettty sure unless you make peace with most of the trigger happy peeps you have a high chance to shoot a Non Civilian team.

-O President Friendly Civilian tries to get in a car of his ally to escape the terros from behind. But can't do shit because he just shot a stupid cop who was trying to kill him earlier.

We don't need a specific countermeasure against a variable action which punishes the whole action just because of one slight possibility of it.

Just make alernative rule like this:

"You are not supposed to assist a Civillian who is trying to 'Kill' your teammate. /pk command should be used"

and Proper Video Proof or anything that exposes the whole situation in light, should be of priority and must be counted in while giving judgement so that a more reasonable and rational judgement shall be given.

Why I specified Kill is because on can always pop the retarded Chasers' tires if he is innocent and didn't shoot him to kill and motivation of troubling him or the person he shot before.

Another thing I'd like to add is a 10 second Drive-By disabling when you get in X's car if you shoot X's teammate (X's Class =/= Civilian Class).

This would prevent the civilian to shoot the teammate in haste or fear. (Shotgun lands on the face instead of the tire and damages the chaser).

This would also lead to a more easier evidence as the driver would have to chase the teammate for ten seconds so the other can shoot. Which in turn leads to a direct evidence of team blocking.

or/and

Apply a feature of bullets not damaging Non Civ Driver's teammates and disabling of it when the civilian gets out.

Inb4 random says: "Contradiction jajaja"

No, if the teammate still doesn't follow the teammates instruction of leaving the team friendly civillian and still chases the damn car and messing the whole planned course of action. Then the civilian can retaliate against that moron by shooting his tires and gaining significant distance to go away.

The votes are your answer, close the topic because it ain’t happening

Let's see.

Topic Started: Yesterday

People voted: 27+6= 33.

Forum memberlist: 1205.

Active members: Refer to https://planbserver.com/forum/index.php?action=mlist;sort=posts;start=0;desc

Filter: Posts

(yes it's a generalization maybe and other shit but I can't judge 1205 profiles to see who is more active or not and this much rank will cancel it out and probably give out a lowball)

Pg1-3(30x3) has 90 frequent post participants on this forum.

Ok let's take out like 10 for those inactive doods like Tounsix for now, you still have 80.

So basically you favor the topic's closure which is was made less than 48hrs and you are satisfied with the 27 vote. People who are small compared to the atleast 80 active posters.

Topics should be thoroughly discussed so reopening of it via a new one will be less likely and keeping it more organized and easy can be possible.

So I suggest you to wait and let a reasonable amount of voters vote and give reasonable justifications.

(Although I doubt it will happen because Altus is a well known Forum poster and an Admin, and the staff is reasonable. But just to get this out there)

TL;DR(I am trying out anchor links so that my short points can get linked to the full explanation):

It will cause problems as there are other variable situations that might lead to ruining of a Civillians gameplay just because of one possibility of an action. Click Here for Full Explanation

A more alternative solution is to make it more specific. "You are not supposed to assist a Civillian who is trying to 'Kill' your teammate. /pk command should be used" with the 10 second driveby disablement for the civillian. Click Here for Expansion

Crash and Fini you gotta wait and let more votes and opinions come in. Proof n Reasoning here

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 06:46:01 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline AruN.

• VIP
  • You think this is a game?
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2017, 12:05:57 pm »
This issue is similar to the /duty issue. No scripting should be enforced on players.

Just make alernative rule like this:

"You are not supposed to assist a Civillian who is trying to 'Kill' your teammate. /pk command should be used"

and Proper Video Proof or anything that exposes the whole situation in light, should be of priority and must be counted in while giving judgement so that a more reasonable and rational judgement shall be given.

Something like this will help, in my opinion.
AruN

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 02:19:43 pm »
Civilians don't have a recommendation from above on how to play, they can help each class in following their gameplay. The advantage of this class is that their duty is fluid, which means that within a minute they can change their mind about who they help. This is a compensation for a weak set of weapons (as it was already said, they’re easy targets) and, in my opinion, it should not change.
Definitely. That's why civilian is not considered as a class and not given powerful weapons. Civilians can do whatever they want to that's what we get when we type /duty. Not needed -1.

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2017, 05:46:41 pm »
What type of freedom is this? Changes the way the team works, I like how it's always been -1

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2017, 12:17:21 am »
I believe that, by implementing this rule, we would (in a way) punish players that aren't the real problem in this situation - like Yomama explained. The passenger civilian is not breaking any rules, it's the irresponsible terrorist/police class member that enables him to get away scot-free that causes the issue. Civilians have always been an absolutely unconstrained class and it should stay that way.

Alternatively, I propose that an explicit description be added under the "No Teamshoot" rule about how helping civilians in this way is prohibited. I suspect that some players think/would argue that assisting civilians in this manner is simply a loophole because it is not clearly stated under the "No Teamshoot" rule (only stunning/blocking is mentioned). Adding the aforementioned description would remove all doubts. It would make the players think twice about doing this and it would allow the appropriate punishments to be carried out more swiftly.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 12:19:08 am by Nikola »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2017, 04:49:32 am »
Alternatively, I propose that an explicit description be added under the "No Teamshoot" rule about how helping civilians in this way is prohibited. I suspect that some players think/would argue that assisting civilians in this manner is simply a loophole because it is not clearly stated under the "No Teamshoot" rule (only stunning/blocking is mentioned). Adding the aforementioned description would remove all doubts. It would make the players think twice about doing this and it would allow the appropriate punishments to be carried out more swiftly.
I agree that it would be better to have it explicitly written, but it should include all classes, not just civilians, since other attacking players can also surf teammates' cars for an advantage (like terrorists on a cop car, for example).

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 07:57:32 am »
I agree that it would be better to have it explicitly written, but it should include all classes, not just civilians, since other attacking players can also surf teammates' cars for an advantage (like terrorists on a cop car, for example).
I thought about that and I believe players are aware that this is a blatant violation of their duty, as they would be shielding players that they are obligated to kill - whereas you can choose whether to kill or team up with civilians. But I suppose a more inclusive description wouldn't do any harm.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 10:26:25 am by Nikola »

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2017, 03:53:08 pm »
I think the system that was proposed is a bit too broad, and since this happens rarely, I feel it's more likely to punish people with good intentions than those with bad intentions. This has gotten me thinking about a possible other system though: if you're a civilian, and you're a passenger with a member of either team, and you shoot someone of said team, you will be auto-kicked out of the vehicle. So, for example, if you're a civilian riding with a security, and you're shooting another security or police, you will be kicked from the vehicle. This won't prevent all of the abuse you described, and will still allow people getting away, but I feel it will be more efficient in punishing those with bad intentions.