Author Topic: [Added]Make VIP features more fair  (Read 14830 times)

Offline Curry

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Hey
Re: Make VIP features more fair
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 09:10:30 pm »
Once purchased, you stay VIP forever.
This is still just an online game, these terms don't mean anything. Jonne can change them at any time if he wants to.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:20:04 pm by Curry »

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 10:03:57 pm »
He uses keyboard too lol, he just uses joystick for flying which is much more convenient than keyboard one and because he was used to the Vice City Cam.
I don't use a keyboard much if I don't have to. You can't really switch without changing settings every time. A gamepad isn't really much of an advantage at all except for fine movements. It's the reason why I suck on foot- it's really hard to aim.

Nitro can be literally be spammed without limits and that's huge boost to anybody who knows what to do about it and now the Transfender and Mod Shops have a chance of getting closed.
Nitro isn't a huge advantage, it just makes shitty cars a little faster but also harder to control. If someone chasing you has a better car or if bikes are involved, it doesn't matter. Planes are always faster too. I do agree that it would be unfair if the mod shops were disabled.

Honestly I'd like to have some changes about sniper (not that pickup thing tho) just to see how it'd be, it's obviously by far the most op thing in the server right now.

I'm fine with the rest of the features (except fast skins, I'm against those since their existence), they don't give that huge of an advantage compared to sniper.
That's mainly what I'm gunning for here, snipers and fast skins. What kind of changes would you propose for the sniper?

Disable lagcomp
If that happens I'm definitely out of here.

...I think fast skins are pretty fair, they allow me to stand a chance against 300+ ping players.
If fast skins help you against 300+ ping players, then what the fuck is lagcomp for?

You do realize that if what you are proposing happens, almost no one will donate ever again.
...90% of the vips donated for fast skins.
Come on, give some evidence.

Increase Rifle dmg
I don't like that idea, I'd rather reduce sniper damage. I don't like weapons that do huge amounts of damage from really long distances (why I wanted to weaken the M4).

Offline Curry

• VIP
  • Hey
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 10:22:00 pm »
You do realize that if what you are proposing happens, almost no one will donate ever again.
Sure, I'll just go around asking people why they bought VIP and then post screenshots of it here. Oh, wait, I have better things to do.

People buy VIP for 3 reasons and 3 reasons alone:
- Fast skins
- Sniper/saw
- Nitro

I don't care how the server costs get paid, or what Jonne does with the "donations".

Offline George

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 11:22:15 pm »
I've noticed that you keep suggesting on changing some VIP features, I've heard that PTP/Plan has began in  2008, and therefore, I was taking look in Tenshi's forum, and I didn't find out any suggestings about VIP features.
So this might not be a good deal.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:07:54 am by George »

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 12:18:30 am »

- Fast skins
- Sniper/saw
- Nitro

I don't care how the server costs get paid, or what Jonne does with the "donations".

Bad day?
According to some people, they mainly bought it to support the server. You calling them liars?
cunt

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 08:54:25 am »
Disable lagcomp

:D :D

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2018, 09:03:40 am »
Sure, I'll just go around asking people why they bought VIP and then post screenshots of it here. Oh, wait, I have better things to do.
Okay, I'll make up my own numbers then, since I've also got better things to do. 88.9% of players agree that VIPs are overpowered! 34.3% of VIPs donated mainly to support the server! The other 65.7% donated to get /cc!

I still don't see how fast skins are magically sanctified if a hypothetical someone with tunnel vision bought VIP for the sole purpose of using them (unlikely as it is).

- Fast skins
- Sniper/saw
- Nitro
What about having almost any skin they want, not just the unfair bugged ones? What about hydraulics, force reclassing, etc. that people might value if they don't just care about DMing? What about those weird people who buy VIP for other players because they killed players that they don't like ( ;) )? I hardly ever use the sniper, the saw sometimes, and I never use fast skins because I don't want to be one of "those people". Nitro is the only one I use often, but it's also not very overpowered at all compared to the other two. If you're going to make an argument, you could at least attempt to make your supporting evidence tangential to reality.

Disable lagcomp

...I think fast skins are pretty fair, they allow me to stand a chance against 300+ ping players.
If fast skins help you against 300+ ping players, then what the fuck is lagcomp for?
Back to this: tell me why disabling lagcomp would be a huge step again? Apart from making shooting on foot overpowered with too-accurate weapons that were designed for the single player game, lagcomp is more notable to me in what it doesn't fix.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 09:11:48 am by YoMama »

Offline Curry

• VIP
  • Hey
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2018, 11:30:54 am »
Okay, I'll make up my own numbers then, since I've also got better things to do. 88.9% of players agree that VIPs are overpowered! 34.3% of VIPs donated mainly to support the server! The other 65.7% donated to get /cc!

I still don't see how fast skins are magically sanctified if a hypothetical someone with tunnel vision bought VIP for the sole purpose of using them (unlikely as it is).

- Fast skins
- Sniper/saw
- Nitro
What about having almost any skin they want, not just the unfair bugged ones? What about hydraulics, force reclassing, etc. that people might value if they don't just care about DMing? What about those weird people who buy VIP for other players because they killed players that they don't like ( ;) )? I hardly ever use the sniper, the saw sometimes, and I never use fast skins because I don't want to be one of "those people". Nitro is the only one I use often, but it's also not very overpowered at all compared to the other two. If you're going to make an argument, you could at least attempt to make your supporting evidence tangential to reality.

Disable lagcomp

Back to this: tell me why disabling lagcomp would be a huge step again? Apart from making shooting on foot overpowered with too-accurate weapons that were designed for the single player game, lagcomp is more notable to me in what it doesn't fix.
As someone who actually plays the game on a daily basis, I talk to almost every VIP. The ones who donated purely to "support the server" are in the minority. My guess is 1 in 10 and these people aren't active anyway. Some don't even play a decent amount of time for weeks.

The reclassing thing isn't special anymore. Server doesn't have 60 players online all day long like back in the day.

You keep saying that you are right and that I'm 100% wrong.

You don't want to be "one of those people"? Good for you. Doesn't mean you're right.

Yes, I buy vip for people so they can use sniper and saw. So what?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:39:25 am by Curry »

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2018, 11:53:42 am »
I don't agree that people actually donate to help with the motive to keep the server running, hell  people don't even know how much amount of money it takes for the server to stay up so why would they donate if they don't know where it's going, the answer they donate is to get the benefits. I couldn't find any topic where someone mentioned that "hey where can I only and only donate because I like this community and a thanks to w/e and I want to keep the server up because I can't find the donate button like old ptp"
So stop with that kindly

You know yourself none of this is happening, you're like 7-9 years late to suggest something like a change in VIP. When it has already been said that the system isn't changing whats the point of this lol.

I find it funny that some of you fail to realise the repeated attempts of you trying to change the core features of the gamemode never really resulted into something.

Keep trying! Maybe someday!

*kthxbai
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:55:34 am by Vishwas »
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline (1)[H]nZ88

• VIP
  • Score: 33709
  • VIPs = Perfectly balanced, as all things should be
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2018, 12:10:20 pm »
You keep saying that you are right and that I'm 100% wrong.

Did he say that you're 100% wrong? The only thing I see is that he wanted you to back up your claims. Frankly, it's your word against his and neither of you have proof. I smell hypocrisy on YoMama's part, even though I largely agree with him.

The reclassing thing isn't special anymore. Server doesn't have 60 players online all day long like back in the day.
Well, let me be honest with you here: you don't know what you're talking about. I see full classes every day. The maximum amount of people in a single class isn't dependant on whether there's 20 or 60 people online. It's about which side has more players. When I connect to the server, about 60% of the time I can't pick every class, because one is full. If you're VIP and are unable to notice that classes get full doesn't mean that they don't.

You know yourself none of this is happening, you're like 7-9 years late to suggest something like a change in VIP. When it has already been said that the system isn't changing whats the point of this lol.

I find it funny that some of you fail to realise the repeated attempts of you trying to change the core features of the gamemode never really resulted into something.

*kthxbai

Change is inevitable and not voicing your opinions simply becuase you have too little hope is, well, hopeless.
cunt

Offline Curry

• VIP
  • Hey
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2018, 12:34:28 pm »

*kthxbai

Change is inevitable and not voicing your opinions simply becuase you have too little hope is, well, hopeless.
This is a sa-mp server, not a country.

I agree with you that I may be wrong about reclassing, I've had VIP for years.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2018, 06:00:14 am »
I don't agree that people actually donate to help with the motive to keep the server running, hell  people don't even know how much amount of money it takes for the server to stay up so why would they donate if they don't know where it's going, the answer they donate is to get the benefits. I couldn't find any topic where someone mentioned that "hey where can I only and only donate because I like this community and a thanks to w/e and I want to keep the server up because I can't find the donate button like old ptp"
So stop with that kindly
Sure, but still, whatever reason that people donate for is beside the point. Making donors too overpowered has the side effect of driving some players away, which is kinda undoing whatever good the donation did. We don't have donations purely to give people overpowered benefits.

I've been trying to get snipers fixed for years, ever since lagcomp made them one of the best all-around weapons instead of something that was only useful in certain situations. This isn't new.

Could you tell me a bit more about snipers and fast skins being core features of the game mode?

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 8091
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »
Oh yo tenia pensado crear un tema para limitar la cantidad de balas con el sniper a 10 (o que ponga en discusión le numero, claramente se podría renovar con /sniper pero que esta vez solo le de 5 balas) o quitar el sniper

--------------------------------------------

Oh I had planned to create a theme to limit the number of bullets with the sniper to 10 (or to discuss the number, clearly it could be renewed with /sniper but this time only give you 5 bullets) or remove the sniper.

Offline RockOfAges

• VIP
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 06:17:31 am »
I agree changes have to be made. The VIP system is overpowered. Starting from the weapons you are given, such as the sniper and chainsaw, those two weapons make the game unfair for the rest the community who don't have access to it.  It's pretty much a pay-to-win system, and most players are aware of this. However, it seems like this topic isn't going to have much success just by looking at the comments. These advantages we have as VIPs make the game enjoyable; however,  it is also what drives new players out of the server.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:20:26 am by RockOfAges »

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 06:55:46 pm »
These vip features (and lagcomp) have been there since many years and as far as i can remember, there was hardly any one compalinig or suggesting changes to them. I think it's the saturation point, the fact that almost every other player in the server is a vip and non vips can't do shit(less in numbers and yea less weapons) is exactly why we see these complaints now and never before. I'd rather agree with curry to change vip cost (make it monthly maybe) than agreeing on removing those vip features. I don't know if you play any other games but many games do have such "pay for sucess" vip package and no one cries (those games have balanced teams tho, like equal number of vips in each team).

I am fine with lowering the sniper damage down a bit, BUT i'd still prefer a way to power up the Non Vip instead of weakening vips. Something like a rewards shop where every player can buy weapons like sniper (and maybe other stuff ) by spending some reward points that they collect by following duty(like winning round as a team, and extra points for killing/protecting presi).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:58:38 pm by Saurabh »