Author Topic: The Great River Of San Andreas Map suggestion  (Read 6758 times)

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
Re: The Great River Of San Andreas Map suggestion
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2018, 05:56:07 am »
I've always wanted to see new maps, yes please

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 02:38:49 am »
Please no haterino in chaterino.
Do you also go by His Dudeness … Duder … or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing? Anyway, how’s your sex life?

I don't see the harm in trying this. I can tell you one thing though, which is that the Sea Sparrow is a very powerful vehicle. Its firing rate, the damage its bullets do, or something else would have to be handicapped for me to consider it reasonable.

The biggest problem I can see here is that sniper rifles are very powerful against boats (in addition to everything else), so it could end up turning into snipers on each side of the river just blasting each other. I also think that the civilian spawn should probably be farther away from the President than that.

It would be cool to use the polygonal boundaries system to make this map a little more precise. I would cut out much of the cities of San Fierro and Las Venturas, but add the rest of the river going through RC on the southern border of the proposed map. Make the terrorists' spawn the lumberyard where an armor spawn is at the top of the hill west of the airport in RC, and put the terrorists' airport at the SF airport. There's a straightforward jump from near the lumberyard to the SF airport that they could use to get to their planes, and there's the beach south of the lumberyard for boats, Skimmers, Leviathans, handicapped Sea Sparrows, Vortices, etc. At the airport in SF, there's a lot more space for interesting vehicles and safer takeoffs. I could see the RC airport becoming one big pileup of terrorists.

Hey lizard
The idea is nice but I think the script would be buggy
Reason :
It has a script for presi camping in water and air
Honestly, I don't know why the water timer exists at this point. It's not difficult to kill someone in the water anymore, now that lagcomp exists. The only places where the President can hide indefinitely now are the edges of the maps where no one can escape (like the northern edge of WV, near the cop spawn), which should be extended anyway using the new polygonal boundaries so boats and aircraft can get in there to either kill or save him. Side note: I don't see why the boundaries near water, like the eastern LS boundary, can't be universally extended, since there isn't really much of a reason to stop people from getting there just to keep the maps rectangular anymore.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 09:00:59 pm »
We won't be adding new maps right now.