Author Topic: you can blow up a teammate with a grenade?  (Read 4111 times)

Offline Alcor

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
you can blow up a teammate with a grenade?
« on: October 09, 2016, 11:05:22 pm »
Yesterday me and YoMama were at the president spawn when some security threw a grenade at our FBI Rancher causing it to blowup and leading to YoMama dead. YoMama told me to test it on him while we were both securites and it actually caused damage to the vehicle and killed him instantly. Was this intentionally coded this way or is it a bug?

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
Re: you can blow up a teammate with a grenade?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 11:55:24 pm »
Same goes for the hydra teamshooting, you can damage other teammates hydra and all the smoke will appear, lose control but the vehicle will remain at 1000hp for some weird reason

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:39:43 am »
Yeah, these things you've mentioned can't be patched.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 01:50:58 am »
You're sure? I recently got hit with a teammate's grenade as president and it didn't do damage.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 02:03:00 am »
You're sure? I recently got hit with a teammate's grenade as president and it didn't do damage.

To be honest I've never seen an explosion from a friendly grenade causing any damage, not even to team mates' vehicles. I guess the vehicles are sometimes taking a little damage because they are violently pushed by the blast. That's part of the game physics and nothing can be done about it.
About scripting, there's a callback that is called whenever a vehicle is damaged, but it doesn't report who or what caused the damage. Then we can't tell if it was caused by a friendly explosion or not, so there's no way to prevent the vehicle from taking the damage.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 05:18:02 am »
Same goes for the hydra teamshooting, you can damage other teammates hydra and all the smoke will appear, lose control but the vehicle will remain at 1000hp for some weird reason

This happened to me but i just ejected out and my hydra exploded, it was a team mate of me shooting.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline City Wok

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 03:04:01 pm »
sometimes happens, but only after /reclass from a team that can do damage, same was on tenshi server
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:05:46 pm by City Wok »

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 08:16:13 pm »
The same happens when a team mate is on top of your car and starts kicking it. The car gets damaged.