Author Topic: as Saurabh said "Ah finally, iBen Bus Tours coming to reality"  (Read 2383 times)

Offline The iBen

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Things has being so busy for me lately and there is something I wanted to share to everyone here.

So long story short, I left my last job due to toxic culture. Don't worry a lot of people left.

I saw an ad for bus driver, so I applied for a bus driver job. After two interviews, two medical assessment, a lot of paperwork going back and forth. I got started bus driving school last week! It's bloody cold at the moment on the east cost of Australia and I have to be at the depot early in the morning.

When I did my first drive on a Volvo tag axle, 14.5m long. I went 'Bloody Europeans, why would they have the indicator on the left side and the wipers on the right side.' Anyways after my first drive, I was like what did I just commit to? The next day when I did my first U turn on a roundabout without no assistant, I did it without mounting the side. I was like how did I just do that? So everyday is getting better and better driving a 14.5m bus and avoiding tall swing.

At the moment I'm working towards gaining a heavy rigid license so I can drive a tag axle or articulated bus. The test is nearly at the end of the month which is creeping closer. After a week, I feel more confident and loving it, here's a photo of me at the depot where they have the bus driving school.

Yes iBen Bus Tour Inc. is really coming to reality, who would expect this would happen?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://ibb.co/gg5tT66
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 12:08:14 pm by The iBen »

Offline Gablo

• VIP
Re: as Saurabh said "Ah finally, iBen Bus Tours coming to reality"
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 01:12:14 pm »
Omg, lucky passengers!

gg iBen

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 02:16:42 pm »
This is the biggest plot twist thats ever happened on here.
GG
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2022, 03:50:14 pm »
Wow good to see dreams coming true! Glad for u bro

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline JetPack

• VIP
  • Score: 8318
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 01:26:47 am »
That is the funniest story I have ever read on this forum. I'm happy for you.
We were just kids then playing around buses and now you're an actual Bus Driver.

Good luck my guy.  :-*

Offline Great_Khali

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 04:54:33 pm »
Congrats iBen , wish you all the goodluck & i will sit in your bus IRL sometime for sure 

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 05:53:06 pm »
Good luck for your test and your dream come true! 8)

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 07:15:15 pm »
LMAO the dream has came true
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline SnicKerZ

• VIP
  • Score: 17676
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2022, 01:52:45 am »
GGs :DDDDDDDDD

Offline The iBen

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2022, 12:31:35 am »
Thanks for all your support

After four weeks, I have officially graduated from bus driving school and now doing route training for two weeks.

It has been a crazy time, I got covid on the week of my license testing which was a massive bummer. I had two options, repeat the bus driving school or get my license independently. So I decided to get my license independently. I had to call 15 truck schools and found a place on the Gold Coast(1hr away from Brisbane). Bloody hell, driving a manual truck is different to a manual car but in the end, I passed! It was so wired, that the driving examiner said in the feedback form that I did hill start and reverse. I hardly did a hill start and never did reverse in the truck. I was told by my truck instructor that the examiner just wanted to go to lunch. I was like oh but who cares, I passed!   

I couldn't drive an articulated bus (Bendy bus) because my depot didn't have them due to very tight roads. So the other people in the school did get to try it out and I was told that it was easier to drive than the Volvo tag buses. So they got me to continue to drive the Volvo tag bus even though there's non at my depot due to tight roads again. I did get to drive a compress natural gas rigid bus, the two-axle bus. Bloody hell, so slow and so underpowered.

So I now start route training and after that, I go into service with a buddy driver for a week and then I'm on my own!

I still haven't gotten over that the dream has come true. I mean like, out of a million chances. I would never end up like this. I don't plan to be a bus driver forever, but it is something hopefully I will enjoy for a while.

Because I'm driving a lot now, I properly won't be on discord as much. So don't worry, if you need an admin. I won't go "Sorry, I'm retired now," etc. to annoy you lol.

Here's a photo of my graduation.

https://ibb.co/qBcH9Cz

Offline 𝕾𝖎𝖓𝕯𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖔

• VIP
  • BiB GOATS
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2022, 12:39:24 am »

After four weeks, I have officially graduated from bus driving school and now doing route training for two weeks.

It has been a crazy time, I got covid on the week of my license testing which was a massive bummer. I had two options, repeat the bus driving school or get my license independently. So I decided to get my license independently. I had to call 15 truck schools and found a place on the Gold Coast(1hr away from Brisbane). Bloody hell, driving a manual truck is different to a manual car but in the end, I passed! It was so wired, that the driving examiner said in the feedback form that I did hill start and reverse. I hardly did a hill start and never did reverse in the truck. I was told by my truck instructor that the examiner just wanted to go to lunch. I was like oh but who cares, I passed!   

I couldn't drive an articulated bus (Bendy bus) because my depot didn't have them due to very tight roads. So the other people in the school did get to try it out and I was told that it was easier to drive than the Volvo tag buses. So they got me to continue to drive the Volvo tag bus even though there's non at my depot due to tight roads again. I did get to drive a compress natural gas rigid bus, the two-axle bus. Bloody hell, so slow and so underpowered.

So I now start route training and after that, I go into service with a buddy driver for a week and then I'm on my own!

I still haven't gotten over that the dream has come true. I mean like, out of a million chances. I would never end up like this. I don't plan to be a bus driver forever, but it is something hopefully I will enjoy for a while.

Because I'm driving a lot now, I properly won't be on discord as much. So don't worry, if you need an admin. I won't go "Sorry, I'm retired now," etc. to annoy you lol.

Absolute GOAT, good luck iBen, much love brother :D
I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I THOUGHT I WAS, A GOD

Offline MRT

• Mod
  • Good people always win.
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2022, 08:21:02 am »
Congratulations, good luck  :)

Offline EdwinWolf

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 04:18:14 am »
Good luck man

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2022, 04:17:13 pm »

Wow nice man, send some pics from bus captain seat :D

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Darwin/Retired

• VIP
  • Score: 19467
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2022, 08:27:49 pm »
Bro you took iBen Bus Tours inc to another level. Congratulations and all the best🫡 8)