Author Topic: No Racism and Spawn protection zone for President!  (Read 12229 times)

Offline RockOfAges

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: No Racism and Spawn protection zone for President!
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2017, 11:43:42 pm »
I personally haven't seen any racist comments lately, well, at least when I play. However, when I do, it's usually some random guy. I think the best solution for this is to /ignore rather than banning/kicking a player for saying something idiotic.

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2017, 05:47:40 am »
Matt you said that we can ignore,your really think that will solve the problem?

Sometimes i just dont know what happend in this server...Really.

Free talk? even i can say terrible things on Boy that play? you dont think he can get hurt?
It won't fully solve the problem but it'll show that person that you simply don't care about their comments

Say what you like to anybody, it'll hurt you in the end honestly

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2017, 08:05:04 am »
I need more popcorn, does anybody still have some?

Offline Hicham

• VIP
  • Score: 10910
  • She heard what he said and she had no regrets
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2017, 09:56:45 pm »
I need more popcorn, does anybody still have some?
right here
I hope you find a love that's true so the morning light can shine on you.
I hope you find what you're looking for so your heart is warm forever more. cv?

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2017, 04:49:47 pm »
There will not be a rule regarding racism, simply because it will be way too hard to enforce and it will inevitably end up in just more discussion on what's allowed and what's not. We have players and admins from a lot of different countries and a lot of different cultures, and therefore not everyone has the same definition on racism. What one sees as racism, another one might now. Someone might joke about something, and another person could consider it racist. If we simply add a rule "No racism", people will end up being punished differently or not at all based on what admin is online and what he considers racist and what not. We could go back to "this and this word is not allowed", but then we'll get discussion about the words themselves again, as we had with the N-word. Some consider it a racist word, for others it's just a word like any other.

So, there will not be any rule regarding racism. Instead, we're giving you the tools to moderate your own chat, and what you want to see and what not. Instead of admins muting someone, you can /ignore him, which has the exact same result: you won't see him in your chat anymore.

As for the "anti terrorist zone", this won't be added, since it's basically what the spawn zone is there for already. If they camp around the spawn, leave it in another way. If we add such a zone, they'll be camping around that zone, and the end result won't be much different.