Author Topic: Retain /Holiday Weapons after Dying.  (Read 12074 times)

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• Score: Unknown
  • pablo dicasso
Re: Retain /Holiday Weapons after Dying.
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2018, 01:15:05 pm »
Your suggestion kind of roleplay server style, but it's round based game mode.. Not gonna work well in round based TDM... So I give it -1
the last time I checked tdm servers do not allow clan members from opposing teams to team with each other either.

On topic: +1, this should balance things a bit.
Teaming up with opposite team is still not allowed , unless you count not shooting enemy team (as a terro/cop)  as teaming up with them.

Letting them go and kill the presi intentionally is passively Teaming tho. And that shit happens a lot.
%

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2018, 02:17:18 pm »
Your suggestion kind of roleplay server style, but it's round based game mode.. Not gonna work well in round based TDM... So I give it -1
the last time I checked tdm servers do not allow clan members from opposing teams to team with each other either.

On topic: +1, this should balance things a bit.
Well what did you add by making kind of reply to my comment? Still teamblocking is not allowed in this tdm server too. Whats the point of clan members and retain holiday weapons after dying based in tdm server?

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline FlapJack[M.I.B]

• VIP
  • FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2018, 05:43:43 pm »
Maybe just reduce the time. 1min. Is just fine.

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2018, 10:44:44 am »
When i didnt have VIP, i had no problem obtaining a rifle. I died like every 4-5minutes or so. The other bodyguards wereb killed the same time. I didnt see much problem because this doesent happen very often as i saw with other bodyguards i played.
On red county map at UFO the rifles can shoot to the shore, and on some ships like area 69 or cargo ship its easy to hide from them.
I think this is not needed.
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 10:59:29 am »
You're going at the problem from the wrong side. This won't balance things. It will just give more people overpowered weapons, and only if they know the commands to get them. Noobs do not know about /holiday eng.

The problem is as you stated it. Snipers are waaay overpowered. They used to be somewhat useless at long distances, before lagcomp came along. Back then, I felt like people became VIP for the chainsaw and modding capabilities. Now, it seems like the real reason to donate is the sniper, and the previously coveted features are now just bonuses. It's my belief that snipers were originally added because while they were good at long distance shooting, they sucked against moving targets at a distance, so they weren't overpowered. ...then lagcomp came along, and suddenly every VIP had the ultimate weapon. Perfect accuracy, range farther than people can even see you, and best of all, they work fine on moving targets. Tenshi didn't bother to balance it because he had entered his "fuck everyone else as long as I can abuse the overpowered capability" era.

Personally, I have disliked this ever since lagcomp appeared. The game for me changed from "run away from the pack of people right behind me" to "run away from the person with the sniper rifle, then from the pack". Anyone with a brain and reasonable mouse skills can easily shoot you from extremely long distances, as long as it's line of sight, and it takes down a fuckton of health. As a bonus, it also annoyingly stuns you so you get hit even more. There isn't any disadvantage from a distance. It's arguably the most overpowered weapon in the server, and a good chunk of the players have it, leaving the non-VIPs fucked.

I think the solution to the overpowered VIP issue is to reduce the weapon skill for the sniper. It will probably still be overpowered, but at least it's a start that will help, and let the VIPs keep their snipers. Then we'll see if this is still a problem.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2018, 11:06:52 am »
I am pretty sure Weapon Skill doesn't affect the Sniper Damage and accuracy unlike other weapons. But still for sake of the proper argument I will check it before affirming that.

Edit:
And my major point still remains. Snipers can be spammed and be spawned anytime anywhere whereas you can't do the same with Rifle as Lvl1.

Why should one have the spawning advantage in a TDM server?

As for the Noobs,90% of them are newbies. And they get to know about the /cmd soon enough,mods and regulars usually tell them that /cmd,and besides /holiday eng already comes as helpful message in the global chat.

Noobs by definition means that they refuse to grow in skill even when helped,so idk why we should favor them instead of actual Lvl 0-1 regulars who want a balanced gameplay.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 01:23:59 pm by Lohit_The_Noob »
%

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2018, 11:35:24 am »
I am pretty sure Weapon Skill doesn't affect the Sniper Damage and accuracy unlike other weapons. But still for sake of the proper argument I will check it before affirming that.
True, but I think damage can be changed with other methods (I'm not a SA-MP scripter, so I'm not sure, but I think the OnPlayerWeaponShot callback would work).

Maybe I'm misreading the chart I linked, but it looks to me like skill affects accuracy. Perhaps we should consult one of our resident experts to help us interpret the weapon.dat file.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2018, 12:03:07 pm »
Just Checked. Sniper has no Skill level to begin with lol. Only selected weapons can be upgraded rest remain the same.

The only slight difference I noticed is the aiming speed, but there was a FPS boost between skill change so I am not sure about that.
%

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2018, 12:27:27 pm »
+1 yes plz we need this

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2018, 12:52:59 pm »
Just Checked. Sniper has no Skill level to begin with lol. Only selected weapons can be upgraded rest remain the same.

The only slight difference I noticed is the aiming speed, but there was a FPS boost between skill change so I am not sure about that.
The Weapon skill helps to aim at NPCs nearer to your pointer. Just in offline

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2018, 01:01:44 pm »

The Weapon skill helps to aim at NPCs nearer to your pointer. Just in offline

Dude Sniper doesn't even have a pointer :/

and weapon skill increases the following:

>Strafing Speed
>Holding Position
>Aiming Accuracy
>Damage [Deagle goes from 70 to 140]
>Fire Rate
%

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2018, 01:04:04 pm »
It's not for sniper, I didn't mean it for sniper.
I said that even if you shoot near to the head of any NPC having hitman weapon skill, you'll get a headshot. That is basically increasing accuracy

Offline Son_Gun

• First Silver Dragon Emperor
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2018, 01:11:45 pm »
Or instead of reducing /holiday eng cooldown time, rifle spawn should be added in each map as there are grenade spawn already.

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2018, 02:03:14 pm »
Holiday is much better. I don't want VIPs to have spawning advantages.
%

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 02:22:05 pm »
I love how VIP is brought even to a topic which has literally zero to do with VIP :D :D