Leave it as it is
35 (70%)
Disable sniper after using jetpacks
7 (14%)
Remove the jetpacks
8 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: December 10, 2016, 06:46:09 pm

Author Topic: Holiday update: 3 Dec  (Read 48985 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Re: Holiday update: 3 Dec
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2016, 06:03:52 pm »
Although most of the participants of this discussion do their best to make it personal and to turn this topic into a storage of medium-quality spam, me and Mia are the ones who suffer from 'flying snipers' the least. Yes, it might be annoying, but we've got our own sniper rifles to shoot back. It feels like waste of time as the jetpack user can always easily escape if he really wants to do so, but in comparison with the other aspects of the game it isn't really dangerous.

But most of my samp 'career' I wasn't VIP. And I clearly remember how hard (still possible) is to counter VIPs with sniper rifles, especially if they are surrounded by the others of their kin. But jetpacks with sniper cannot be countered without the other sniper or at least rustler. Country rifle range is maybe half as much as sniper rifle. This definitely shifts balance (wasn't that hard to predict), which is indirectly confirmed also by those overexcited comments above. There are a few players who use this style regularly; they climb on the rooftops with aircraft, they camp and snipe from there, which requires both skill and patience; have I ever said anything against them? But nowadays everyone can easily hold a perfect position with low chances to be hardly countered (especially considering the "peaceful" temper of our community). Even it is only for three weeks, I don't think it is the right way to go.

So, I pretty much agree with COBRA's suggestion, +1. If the community wants jetpacks 'for fun', so be it. But 'for fun' doesn't mean 'for abusing easily performed hardly countered tactics'. Actually that's what I was intended to suggest since I understood everything about jetpacks here. Glad to see it's been suggested already.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Sani

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • BEST SPREE IN PTP 151!!! :D

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2016, 06:23:46 pm »
It's just for the holiday season, come on.
The only time we can have something nice and different, you want it out...

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Luca_Brasi

• VIP
  • Miss me yet?
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »
    This is exactly what is happening. Now it's possible to reach any rooftop in a matter of seconds. Not a big deal for non VIPs, but very interesting for snipers. If you aren't a VIP and you're on the ground, all you can do is run. If you are a VIP, you can snipe back, waste your time and watch the jetpacker escape very easily when he has low hp. I really hope jetpacks are removed soon.[/list]

It's only here for one month. Just because you dont know how to counter it doesnt mean it should be removed.
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 07:19:39 pm by Luca_Brasi »

Offline Miau

• VIP
    • Score: 46079
    « Reply #51 on: December 04, 2016, 07:45:17 pm »
      This is exactly what is happening. Now it's possible to reach any rooftop in a matter of seconds. Not a big deal for non VIPs, but very interesting for snipers. If you aren't a VIP and you're on the ground, all you can do is run. If you are a VIP, you can snipe back, waste your time and watch the jetpacker escape very easily when he has low hp. I really hope jetpacks are removed soon.[/list]

Just because you dont know how to counter it doesnt mean it should be removed.

I assume you're saying this because you tried it yourself and you could counter it. Now I'm wondering how you tried it if you have peace with everyone using sniper + jetpack.

And I'm saying this not only to you but in general... have you guys even fought someone with sniper + jetpack yet? lol
      « Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:10:08 pm by Mia »
      Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Spectre

• VIP
      • Grossly incandescent
        • Team: No Terrorism
      « Reply #52 on: December 04, 2016, 08:36:07 pm »
      I assume you're saying this because you tried it yourself and you could counter it. Now I'm wondering how you tried it if you have peace with everyone using sniper + jetpack.

And I'm saying this not only to you but in general... have you guys even fought someone with sniper + jetpack yet? lol

I don't know why you guys had to make such a big deal out of this. It's clearly only for the holidays feature. You can live with 20 days of having jetpacks, can't you? Lol...

Offline Sani

• VIP
      • BEST SPREE IN PTP 151!!! :D
      « Reply #53 on: December 04, 2016, 09:00:25 pm »

I don't know why you guys had to make such a big deal out of this. It's clearly only for the holidays feature. You can live with 20 days of having jetpacks, can't you? Lol...

Spectre pls :D   Do you think they can with all this whinin'? xD

Offline Miau

• VIP
      « Reply #54 on: December 04, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »
      You can live with 20 days of having jetpacks, can't you? Lol...

Are you just groping in the dark or you actually checked out how bearable it is to play like that?
      Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Spectre

• VIP
      • Grossly incandescent
      « Reply #55 on: December 04, 2016, 10:32:48 pm »
      Are you just groping in the dark or you actually checked out how bearable it is to play like that?

I'm groping in the dark, you wouldn't believe how good it feels. Maybe if you tried it you would be less worried about jetpacks.
      Go ahead, keep complaining about it for all I care. Not like it will get removed just because it "spoils" your gameplay lmao

Offline Miau

• VIP
      « Reply #56 on: December 04, 2016, 10:49:02 pm »
      I'm groping in the dark

Alright. I recommend you to turn the lights on before coming to conclusions.

I really hope vip`s infinite nitro, chainsaw, sniper rifle and fast skins are removed soon.[/list]

Yes, and also I kill innocent puppies for witchcraft purposes. You forgot that one.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Tuco

• VIP
        « Reply #57 on: December 04, 2016, 10:50:10 pm »
        Well, guys and girl, I think the debate should be focused on if we want it JUST for the holidays or forever. Now it's a lot of fun, not just for VIPs but also for regular players (who know where the jetpacks spawn) with no sniper rifles. It gives the game a different colour, the "strategy" of camping (which I kind of hate) is no longer possible with a civ with the ability of reaching some places easily, and still, the civs are not as harmful as other classes.

I would like it to stay after holidays.

PS: I forgot to say thanks to the admins and scripters, in just five or six months this server is more alive than the old one, and finally I feel myself listened. Thanks and keep up the good work. See u online!

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
        • VIP
        • PPLV Clan Founder
          • PPLV WebPage
        « Reply #58 on: December 04, 2016, 10:52:43 pm »

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Spectre

• VIP
        • Grossly incandescent
        « Reply #59 on: December 04, 2016, 10:59:12 pm »
        Alright. I recommend you to turn the lights on before coming to conclusions.

That doesn't even make sense, but I recommend you to play for fun every once in a while.

Well guys, it's not going to stay forever, let it be like as many people said already

I hope they'll become permanent ;D