Author Topic: 0.3.DL  (Read 3102 times)

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
0.3.DL
« on: February 28, 2019, 09:01:51 am »
I know 0.3.DL is technically in beta, but if it would be easy to do, I think it would be a very good idea to create a copy of the server on the new version, like Tenshi used to do. It was one of the few things he did right, toward the end. There aren't many servers in 0.3.DL (only 147, 6 in the hosted tab, when I checked now), so it would give our little server a lot of publicity. If this is done, there should also be notices telling players that we have a 0.3.7 version as well (and maybe give the player count in either server if possible, so people can try to play whichever version has more players).

I think all of us can agree that we need new players, and an easy way to do that is to be one of the few servers on 0.3.DL that players can connect to. It also wouldn't be too hard to implement a few test things (for example, I saw a flying blimp in one of the servers I connected to, which would be fun to camp on).

For anyone wondering what else you can do with 0.3.DL, imagine PTP in Vice City.

Update: It will also help that PTP would be the only non RP server that doesn't suck on 0.3.DL
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 09:17:02 am by YoMama »

Offline EnGin

• VIP
  • Score: 6539
Re: 0.3.DL
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2019, 09:43:37 am »
I won't mind playing 0.3DL and the best part is that server can add own custom skins

Offline Gablo

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 04:05:53 pm »
I know 0.3.DL is technically in beta, but if it would be easy to do, I think it would be a very good idea to create a copy of the server on the new version, like Tenshi used to do. It was one of the few things he did right, toward the end. There aren't many servers in 0.3.DL (only 147, 6 in the hosted tab, when I checked now), so it would give our little server a lot of publicity. If this is done, there should also be notices telling players that we have a 0.3.7 version as well (and maybe give the player count in either server if possible, so people can try to play whichever version has more players).

I think all of us can agree that we need new players, and an easy way to do that is to be one of the few servers on 0.3.DL that players can connect to. It also wouldn't be too hard to implement a few test things (for example, I saw a flying blimp in one of the servers I connected to, which would be fun to camp on).

For anyone wondering what else you can do with 0.3.DL, imagine PTP in Vice City.

Update: It will also help that PTP would be the only non RP server that doesn't suck on 0.3.DL

oh ma gawd thats so cool! It could also bring back old players bored of ptp. I support

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2019, 07:51:22 am »
We've already tested it (including the VC map), and, while I think it would be awesome to make a new VC map for PTP, I don't think opening a test server is a good idea right now. First of all, it would split our (already small) playerbase, I could see a lot of regulars going there, leaving this server pretty much empty and thus not attracting more new people on this version, while this is still the most popular version right now. Yes, it could attract some more people playing on 0.3DL, but I don't think it could account for the players we'd be losing here.

The second issue we noticed while testing 0.3DL were the download speeds. If we want to have a VC map, everyone joining the server would have to download all of the custom objects used in it. I don't know if this has improved in the meanwhile, but it took some time to download, which could add an extra barrier when new players are joining the server, and could lead to them losing interest.

So, I think it would be better to just stay on 0.3.7 for now, and only switch when 0.3DL becomes part of the main SAMP branch.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 07:53:28 am by Jonne »

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 11:13:19 pm »
I think that switching to 0.3dl is a good idea. First of all, new folks would be curious and i don't think majority would mind download wait time. PTP would get more regulars, which means more fun and (donations), plus 0.3DL is definitely meant to be fun with all custom objects.
Current playerbase would adjust easily. I would definitely support switching to 0.3DL. If that ain't working you can always reverse it to previous version.

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:57:34 am »
0.3DL does sound interesting but I agree with jonne, we can't afford more splitting. Hopefully PTP will regain the playercount and be able to upgrade to it.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 09:57:08 am »
Hmm can you elaborate more on this "0.3 DL" thing?So,it's some custom server,or something?I haven't heard of it yet.
What all could be done on it?
I occasionally play on a PUBG mod server on MultiTheftAuto (similar to SanAndreasMultiPlayer),and they have interesting stuff there,just on GTA San Andreas map,like weaponry,skins,some different effects (like getting hurt from bumps and falls rather realistically...),so,can you make a comparation?Can something like that be done?
And I want to ask,is there a beta server that I could try playing on,sometimes?I'd like to be the one that tests new features :D and we definitely need regular inovations,if we want to attract people.The admins should advertise the server on social networks and work harder on the updates.
Let's roll

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 12:34:05 pm »
You know there is a plugin on which 0.3.DL players can run on 0.3.7 versions right?
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Acze

• Score: 6216
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 02:39:27 pm »
You know there is a plugin on which 0.3.DL players can run on 0.3.7 versions right?
And what is that?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:41:40 pm by Ace™ »

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 09:34:59 pm »
Isn't 0.3DL similar to MTA?
I mean MTA is still way better than SAMP and it would increase player count as players would wanna play real original ptp and not rip offs on shit server.
Work Load on Admins woild reduce, less hackers inbuilt AC and custom (stable too) maps are available as well.
this is cool if implemented!

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 12:53:40 am »
And what is that?
0.3.DL cant run servers on 0.3.7 so you cant play them (dunno how it works)
But with some magic plugin u can play on 0.3.7 server with having DL version.

https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=649656
But both sides might have problems when encountering each other.
Especially if you have the most shittiest ping and use lag.cs
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:56:16 am by Alex. »
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 05:55:40 am »
Seems a good idea