Author Topic: Update: 19 Apr  (Read 22675 times)

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
Re: Update: 19 Apr
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2019, 01:55:53 pm »
I just have one or two questions for the Staff, this update gave everyone the ability to shoot randomly and magically hit most of the shots(if not all) which means much higher aim accuracy for everyone, does it make it easier or harder for Staff to investigate and detect aimbot? Given that the aim accuracy percentage is heavily featured in detecting toggling aimbot or no recoil, what happens if I just don't miss a shot from now on? I'm serious
Don't worry, we know you're PRO, we won't ban you.

ty bro
No worries fam.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2019, 06:03:50 pm »
This morning we've updated the server, and hopefully that fixes the teamshooting bug (players were able to damage teammates with driver db). It should also bring an improvement to the class selection after the map changes (people were getting stuck if they picked a class too fast). If you encounter more bugs, please let us know, and we'll look for ways to fix it.

Server became one big SHIT now.
Thank you for this terrible update!
Why? It didn't take anything away from you, it just made things a little more difficult because you don't have as much of an advantage. Is this game all about winning in a rigged contest for you?

It gets many bugs witch I don't really likes
I don't mind about giving vip weapons free for all and other stuffs but this time they went too far.
With this update all our playing skills, tricks etc. are useless couse we easy die even without direct hits on us (blame lags) can't escape anything , this isn't SA-MP "that we used to play"

I can understand that, but the same thing happened when SAMP moved from lag shooting to lag compensation. It will need some time until everyone is used to this, but I think overall it will be an improvement. It's the only way we can fix things like health hacks, damage mods and sniper bug.

I just have one or two questions for the Staff, this update gave everyone the ability to shoot randomly and magically hit most of the shots(if not all) which means much higher aim accuracy for everyone, does it make it easier or harder for Staff to investigate and detect aimbot? Given that the aim accuracy percentage is heavily featured in detecting toggling aimbot or no recoil, what happens if I just don't miss a shot from now on? I'm serious

Aimbot was already being detected based on giving damage (just depending on whether the other player takes damage or not wouldn't make any sense anyway). So, nothing really changes on how we're detecting in, except that we can visualise it now.

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 12:58:38 pm »
Yes,as from my side,sometimes I used to get stuck after the map changes.That's probably another bug you will need to take care of.
Also,I can second the quote (probably Alex') about being shot through car,because I can remember at least one case,when I was playing as police and defending the president by blocking the entrance to the slaughterhouse in San Fierro,and the shots somehow got me through the car,when they should not have.

One more thing,I'll say it again.I do not think that all minor suggestions really need to fundamentally change the game.They can only make it more interesting or helpful.You could check some of my minor suggestions in my posts and add those who aren't too problematic to make,but would heavily improve the game itself just by being present,like increasing Patriot's hp,or adding vending machines more frequently.Maybe even adding tanks to he NSA map so they could oppose hydras,and so on...
Let's roll

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2019, 10:19:22 pm »
I got a class selection screen after a duel.
So did magic

Offline Magic

• VIP
  • Score: 42169
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2019, 11:18:35 pm »
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 03:46:22 pm by Magic »

Offline Srex_Zangetsu

• Score: 58102
  • Yo
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 12:05:12 pm »
Yeah,please fix the choosing class thing after each death,it isn't helpful any unless you intended that.
Let's roll

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2019, 12:37:22 pm »
Yeah,please fix the choosing class thing after each death,it isn't helpful any unless you intended that.
Yeah, every first death when the map changes then you die again but not recorded then the next thing is that you go to class selection and it kinda gives the newbies a hard time for example(Max330 died then the bug or problem started and if he wanted to go back to his last class as a cop, it'll show that class is full now and he'll choose an another kind of class like terrorist and it's kinda not a big problem to us'vips' cuz we can change class whenever we want). Fix this bug or problem.

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 119472
  • Menace 2 Society
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2019, 12:15:49 am »
Thanks for making spas,saw and Driveby OP :)
Even tho there are alot of cons , I like the damage system.
Yesterday I killed 4 guys with saw all at the same time.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 11:48:15 am »
The server has been updated again, this hopefully fixes the class selection bug. Please keep reporting if any more issues around it pop up (take a screenshot when you have an issue, and post it here).

Also,I can second the quote (probably Alex') about being shot through car,because I can remember at least one case,when I was playing as police and defending the president by blocking the entrance to the slaughterhouse in San Fierro,and the shots somehow got me through the car,when they should not have.

Car positions are not always synced well in SAMP, another player might see the car in a slightly different position than you (you can notice this easily when you fall off a bike, usually another player will go pick it up in a different spot than you see it). Since the damage is synced based on what they see in their screen, this will happen occasionally now. I'd recommend trying to find some solid cover, or getting in the car and slightly moving it (this should cause the car position to update in the other players screen).

One more thing,I'll say it again.I do not think that all minor suggestions really need to fundamentally change the game.They can only make it more interesting or helpful.You could check some of my minor suggestions in my posts and add those who aren't too problematic to make,but would heavily improve the game itself just by being present,like increasing Patriot's hp,or adding vending machines more frequently.Maybe even adding tanks to he NSA map so they could oppose hydras,and so on...

I will check and reply to every suggestion when I have time, as I've always done, but I'll focus on fixing all the bugs in this update first.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2019, 06:16:15 pm »
@Jonne try to interact more often with your community on the forums. Not only when there are new updates, interact with other threads aswell that are not related to server important discussion. Just a suggestion

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2019, 02:55:50 pm »
Apparently there was no sanity check on chainsaw damage, which allowed damaging over ridiculous distances (due to the other person lagging). The check has been added in the latest update, so things like this shouldn't be possible anymore.

A bit more explanation on the chainsaw damage, as I noticed many people are confused by it. All damage is now synced based on what you give on your screen, not the damage you take in your screen. So, instead of 'lag shooting' with the chainsaw and sawing in front of them, you now just have to damage their skin, and your opponent will take that damage. The downside of this is that you won't always see them physically damaging you, as SAMP is not perfectly synced. So, keep that in mind when you use the chainsaw.

Offline Ahsoka_Tano

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Wolf's Establishment Leader
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2019, 05:50:20 pm »
Apparently there was no sanity check on chainsaw damage, which allowed damaging over ridiculous distances (due to the other person lagging). The check has been added in the latest update, so things like this shouldn't be possible anymore.

A bit more explanation on the chainsaw damage, as I noticed many people are confused by it. All damage is now synced based on what you give on your screen, not the damage you take in your screen. So, instead of 'lag shooting' with the chainsaw and sawing in front of them, you now just have to damage their skin, and your opponent will take that damage. The downside of this is that you won't always see them physically damaging you, as SAMP is not perfectly synced. So, keep that in mind when you use the chainsaw.

IF im desynced i can easily kill him while he is somewhere in god knows hell shitty place.
Many things i have done, no regrets to any of those.
Wolfs hunt together, many spieces look like wolfs. Love wolfs <3

If you want to go somewhere then just go, dont let somebody else push you back from it.

Offline Apple

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2019, 10:43:04 pm »
Hi everyone,

The last few months we have been working on integrating a new damage system. This is something that we've tried a couple of times already, but we always ran into a lot of problems making it work with all of our scripts and systems, and put it aside. Now we've finally found the issue, and sorted it out to make it work.

The damage system we've implemented is called weapon-config (Click for more information). What it does is basically make the health server sided instead of client sided. That means the health and armour you'll see from now on, isn't your real health, but what the server thinks your health is. Basically, you will never actually die or lose health, it's just simulated by the server. If you're using visual mods, such as a custom health indicator, you might notice some 'weird' behaviour with it, but don't worry about that. The new health bar is the only thing that counts from now on.

This damage system introduces a lot of advantages and fixes. First of all, having server sided health, means that health or armour hacks are no longer possible (they won't have any effect). The same goes for any type of damage mods. Being sniper bugged is also not possible anymore. Paused players can now be damaged and killed as well. Any type of wrong shooting data will be rejected by the server automatically (such as out of range shots, shooting too fast, ...). Overall it should just handle damage a lot better than the normal SAMP system.

This did mean we had to change some things in order to make this work. The most notable change will be the pickups. They used to be client sided, but now that's not possible anymore. In order to make them work correctly, we can't 'hide' them anymore after you pick them up (pickups are global, they can't be hidden for just 1 player). Simulating the respawning as it used to (so respawning after moving away a certain distance), is also not possible, since that will require too many checks. So, the solution we have now is putting a timer on it. You can pick up health or armour again after 3 minutes (this is per pickup, so going to another pickup will work).

You'll also notice your hitsounds might have changed, you can update it with /hs (you can turn on taken and given hitsounds now, team hitsounds are no longer possible). For the taken hitsounds, be aware that it's a very subtle sound (it's not broken). We've also added an indicator for spawn protection, as the health will no longer be flashing.

We've been testing it extensively, but there still might be issues or weird things popping up. If you notice a bug or something else, don't hesitate to make a bug report. I know this might not seem like a big update (behind the screens it was), but we hope this will result in a much better fighting experience.

Changes (/updates):

• Added weapon-config: (https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=563387)
    • Changed health & armour pickup behaviour (each pickup has a 3 minute cooldown now)
    • Changed spawn protection behaviour (added indicator in the top right, health will no longer be flashing)
    • Changed /hs (4 options now: 1. All off - 2. Given on - 3. Taken on - 4. All on)
    • Added /togglefeed (toggles the damage feed on and off)
  • Added messages on spawning weapons
  • Fixed AC bug when spawning weapons

Damn Jonne, this update fixed a lot of issues it's fuking brilliant. Thanks!!

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2019, 07:28:07 pm »
whats up with the Chainsaw damage update, it's pretty stupid, the syncing stuff is completely gone and you can damage a player with just taking out your chainsaw on him, how do you think this is good ?

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Kelik

• Mod
  • Score: 36056
  • I have an offer you can't refuse.
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 02:28:54 am »
Here's your solution, Fares.  :D