Author Topic: [Added]Spawnzones  (Read 5656 times)

Offline Revenger

• Score: Unknown
[Added]Spawnzones
« on: November 05, 2016, 12:36:15 pm »
I want to suggest a spawn killing protection for every class because only civils have the amazing spawn killing protection  I want to have that in all classes too because when I am cops I didn't get away in the cops spawn area I got killed by a terro.
http://jonne.be/forum/index.php?topic=36.0
I already suggested something similar back in the beta phase (read last bullet point). Simply return 0 at OnPlayerWeaponShot if the hit player is within his spawn area. As soon as he leaves it, disable that protection and don't enable it again until he respawns, no matter if he walks into the spawn area again.
and I will add to my suggestion to move the message 12 minutes remaining like that because it's blocking the screen it's hard for me to shoot when that messages appear and I want to suggest to add mobile format of the forums sometimes my connection so slow i can't use the computer I need to use mobile data to connect to forums and it's little hard to use because the forums is for pc only
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:33:19 pm by Jonne »

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
Re: Some Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 02:09:41 pm »
Not a bad suggestion overall, but it would be abused. For example, you're being hunted by some Terrorists/Cops, you run back to your spawn and there you go - you cannot die because of the spawn protection.
Spawn protection is there to prevent players from camping at opposition spawns and getting easy kills. It lasts for about 20 seconds and that's quite enough.

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 03:08:26 pm »
-1 if persi camp in spawn and terrorist attack him security will never die cause spawn protection

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 04:55:50 pm »
-1 if persi camp in spawn and terrorist attack him security will never die cause spawn protection
President is not allowed to camp at his spawn

Offline Uthar_Smith

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 05:05:21 pm »
Not a bad suggestion overall, but it would be abused. For example, you're being hunted by some Terrorists/Cops, you run back to your spawn and there you go - you cannot die because of the spawn protection.
Spawn protection is there to prevent players from camping at opposition spawns and getting easy kills. It lasts for about 20 seconds and that's quite enough.
The spawn protection would just go away if you leave your spawn, just like it works now with the civilian spawn. You can run back to spawn, but you won't regain the spawn protection.

Ofcourse the president and his team would be an exception, their spawn protection will stay as it is now.

Offline Hito

• VIP
  • Score: 18790
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 10:10:37 pm »
Newbies do that ...

Offline Revenger

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 12:32:30 am »
Newbies do that ...

If like that I suggest to kick the president if he / she is camping for 2 mins

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2016, 09:50:55 am »
People often try to abuse spawnprotection by rushing to their wounded enemies around their spawns being immortal. It isn't a problem nowadays since spawn protection lasts for only 20 seconds, but if you think it's a problem, it can be prolonged up to, say, 1 minute; it should be dropped either the time runs our, or the player leaves his spawn area. If he comes back, spawn protection wouldn't be restored. I don't think it's really needed, but it seems for me to be the best solution.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 02:51:37 pm »
The spawn protection system will be expanded to other classes in the future, depending on how well it works out for civs. I don't think there are any problems with it, but if you have a remark or something, please let me know.

We have to think about a couple of things first though, when expanding it to other classes. First of all, as said here, for the president. For that, I'll probably make a combination of a timer and a zone. The pres will lose his spawn protection, if he leaves the zone (the zone will disappear once he leaves) or if the timer runs out (let's say 30 seconds or a minute): then the zone would disappear as well, giving the terrorists an indication when it's safe to move in and start shooting him. But then we also need to think about what will happen with the securities who have been killed and respawning (maybe only a timer when the pres is still in the spawn zone, but a zone when he's out of the spawn zone?), because otherwise you'll have a pres surrounded by securities you won't be able to kill. Then there's also the problem that might arise from the cop spawn. If we have a zone right there as well, what if the pres goes to camp there? Maybe disable the zone and only have a timer when the pres is in the zone as well?

These are all things I still have to figure out before I can expand the system. But if you have any suggestions or remarks on how to improve the system, you can do it here.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 11:44:38 am »
These are all things I still have to figure out before I can expand the system. But if you have any suggestions or remarks on how to improve the system, you can do it here.
I would solve it the following way.
Spawn protection should work the same for each class. When player spawns, he's getting invulnerable. The invulnerability is dropped if one of the following conditions is met:
  • Certain amount of time (I'd say a minute) passes;
  • Player leaves his spawn zone marked on the map for each class' spawn;
  • Player deals damage to anyone from opposing teams.

That would solve all of the issues you've stated. If player attacks anyone, he's definitely prepared for the game, so why should he remain protected?
As for the indication... I don't think it's needed. The "14 minutes remaining" message is the best indicator showing that you can rush and kill the president. Probably you can add an additional line to this message stating that terrorists can start attacking the president if he's still around his spawn.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.