Author Topic: Remove PTP's custom object from Area 69  (Read 3897 times)

Offline PacoBeanZ

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Remove PTP's custom object from Area 69
« on: August 20, 2018, 05:23:11 am »
Problem:

Hi I'm proposing a solution for the abuse terrorists / civilian are facing when the president hides inside of the Area 69 base with a non-respawnable car stuck in the only entrance - preventing any entry inside of the military base up until the map ends.

These topics have brought up the issue without a clear solution to the problem:
area 51
Blocking entrance area 69

Solution:
Remove PTP's custom object above the nuclear lab blocking the second Area 69 entrance. Linked is an album with two pictures: https://imgur.com/a/x3zoRcU

The first being sa-mp's default Area 69 nuclear entrance without PTP's custom object

The second being PTP's custom object blocking Area 69's nuclear entrance:

Blocking Area 69's main entrance wasn't ever an issue in the early years of PTP since terrorists had a second entry to enter the military base. Also combined with the fact that it was implicitly against the rules to block the primary entrance to Area 69 and admins like Tenshi enforced that rule whenever they were ingame.

Offline PacoBeanZ

• VIP
Re: Remove PTP's custom object from Area 69
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 05:31:08 am »
Also I've written a lengthy post in MegaPilot's topic which details why entry into the military base is nearly impossible even via bug abuse. I did not want to include this in the thread starter since it is long and PLAN B forums does not support the SMF "spoiler" tag to show/hide content:

... Terrorists almost always make their way inside: you press G next to the car and wait, you throw a nade when someone gets in the car to keep it active, you ram the car with another one (I can confirm this works for Turismos) or simply a (not very brilliant) security or cop will move the car. ...

Let me debunk this false notion that "Terrorists almost always make their way inside". Because they don't nearly all of the time when I'm playing this map.
  • NONE OF THESE SOLUTIONS ARE UNDER THE TERRORISTS CONTROL
  • "you press G next to the car and wait"
    • this is basically bug abusing since you're teleporting into a vehicle that is inaccessible the normal way
    • this method isn't guaranteed to work most of the time - passenger entry is restricted when the passenger doors are too close to a wall
    • Large/wide cars are almost guaranteed to prevent driver/passenger entry AND preventing the vehicle from being moved
    • Certain narrow cars can fit in between the door walls just enough until the vehicle is stuck preventing driver/passenger entry AND preventing the vehicle from being moved
    • the passenger entry bug puts you in an auto run mode which forces the player in an unwanted direction for the next 5 seconds
    • the passenger entry bug also depends on you pressing g and not pressing any action keys for the NEXT 5 SECONDS - this means you CANNOT press ANY walking keys (up, left, right, down), jump key, and the crouch key otherwise it will reset the timer for auto passenger teleportation and breaks auto run mode
    • also during auto run mode if your character performs another animation such as falling down (since the entry to Area 69 has stairs) or run around in a COMPLETE circle ONCE - then this also will reset the timer for auto passenger teleportation and break auto run mode
  • "simply a (not very brilliant) security or cop will move the car."
    - It is very rare for a player to do this and in most cases the police / security are trapped inside unable to enter the driver's seat. Also if a cop/security intentionally does this to help the terrorist side it can also be considered as violating their duty since they are intentionally putting the president in risk.
  • "you throw a nade when someone gets in the car to keep it active"
    - If you're suggesting the grenades will move a vehicle - it won't nearly everytime especially if that vehicle is stuck. NSA is the hydra map and even hydra rockets cannot budge those vehicle. The Area 69 entrance is well inside a hydra's rocket blast radius.
  • "you ram the car with another one (I can confirm this works for Turismos)"
    - And you won't get that chance since you take collision damage when entering the stairway plus several players spraying their M4 at you. Also if you might accidentally land over the low car you are trying to ram and have twos vehicle stuck if you manage to exit your vehicle quick enough to avoid dying in a car explosion. Finally, even if you try pushing another car into the entrance by running behind the vehicle to avoid vehicle damage, you'll get that vehicle stuck after you pushed the first vehicle that was stuck or both vehicles will be stuck in the entrance.
  • Also armed with the fact that both Security and Cops have M4s, they always spraying the hallway under cover and at a distance make it impossible to attempt any of Mia's "solutions"

There's noway terrorists can gain entry unless a novice player has improperly parked a smaller vehicle in the Area 69 entrance which isn't the case since it is regular players that are performing these maneuvers.

Offline Deadman

• VIP
  • Score: 64003
  • Pure Striker
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 07:14:47 am »
Well I think it is not a big deal, the cars they use for blocking doorway and gate are re-spawned  if they are not used for more than 2-3 minutes (hardly 4 mins in extreme conditions). Waiting for this moment, defending and till then fighting other treats is what AREA is all about. It is easy to go inside.

But I am not opposing your suggestion tho, I want to check this myself somehow and see how it works.
On Hold

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 09:27:10 am »
Well I think it is not a big deal, the cars they use for blocking doorway and gate are re-spawned  if they are not used for more than 2-3 minutes (hardly 4 mins in extreme conditions). Waiting for this moment, defending and till then fighting other treats is what AREA is all about. It is easy to go inside.
Everyone knows this isn't what happens; I don't know why you're pretending otherwise. 2-3 minutes gives ample time for someone to get into the car before it respawns and keep it there.

Back to the suggestion:
Yours is an interesting idea. I too remember the days when Area 69 was uncovered there, but I can see arguments for having it either way. I think it would be most interesting, however, if the control rooms were put to use. My suggestion:
  • Give the President something to do by giving him the ability to close the doors to Area 69 for reasonable periods of time by using the little control panels from the single player mission.
  • Have one control for the front doors (the ones in the single player game, which block the big main entrance but not the vent) in the room up the staircase to the right of where people stick Turismos currently.
  • Have another control in a different location (map room) for the cover over the well area.
  • Make the two controls so one door can be kept closed permanently, but if both are closed, time limits will prevent the terrorists from being completely locked out.
  • When a presidency starts, the cover over the well part is closed, the other is open.
  • Make control panel(s) outside that can override the ones inside for a period of time if the terrorists can keep one person inside an area to "hack" the door for 30 seconds. Maybe have these in the elevated concrete room next to the fence (the one that is duplicated under the UFO in RC).

At the very least, it's something to try which, if unused, leaves gameplay pretty much the same. If it is used, it makes the Area 69 games way more interesting and doable for the terrorists, while also retaining the bunker coolness of the way it is now.

Offline Saurabh

• VIP
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 03:50:05 pm »
+1 for yomama just coz it sounds better than the vanilla area69 game.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 05:12:26 pm »
Nah, Yomama's suggestion is too complicated, let's just add some small object just to make it impossible for vehicles ( except bikes) to fit in the entrance.

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 05:13:07 pm »
-1 Leave it as it is
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 11:20:54 pm »
Nah, Yomama's suggestion is too complicated, let's just add some small object just to make it impossible for vehicles ( except bikes) to fit in the entrance.
He actually read my mind.

Offline Shark_The_Helicopter

• pablo dicasso
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2018, 11:24:30 pm »
He actually read my mind.

This and instead of removing the whole object why not replace it with a smaller object and extend the staircase to reach the top level too or a level above the interior staircase,and forcing people from that entrance to parachute down or something.

As I say in multiple area69 related posts, the thing needs to be diversified and expanded to keep balance and not just a one way bland bunkerhole.
%

Offline FlapJack[M.I.B]

• VIP
  • FUCK LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 11:46:08 am »
No

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 04:37:28 pm »
Just make PTP fair again and give us a chance to enter Area. I don't really care how, any suggestion that gives the players a fair chance against the president(atm blocking is EXTREMELY unfair since you can't enter, the g bug doesn't work for me btw and it's actually bug abusing) is fine by me.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2018, 02:18:05 am »
That does fix the problem too, but I think my suggestion would be cool in the long run (and I don't think it's all that complicated, it's just something that PTP hasn't done before but isn't uncommon in other servers)

Online Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2018, 09:16:29 pm »