Author Topic: Make some rules.  (Read 4821 times)

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
Make some rules.
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:29:43 pm »
I've seen discussion today between Mia and Chev[PPLV].
Chev claimed that Mia did lost his/her connection in the middle of the battle(with very low percentage of HP). It is probably shown on IRC as timeout,but Chev said that wasn't the first time Mia is loosing her/his connection in the battle.
With this being said,Timeout (or loosing connection) can be done on purpose,by pulling out net cable. (know SAMP fact).
If a player looses his connection in the middle of the battle,ban PUNISH him. How would you know that wasn't purposely done?
And please refrain yourself from posting smart ass posts,everything is clean said here.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 11:36:25 pm by Crash »

Offline LPCOLTER

• VIP
  • Score: 1832
  • Of course it's me.
Re: Make some rules.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 12:10:42 am »
Bruuuuhhhh
+1
Your Point is legit true.
People do use it and abuse this everytime...
They seem to comeback and without thinking anything say-"bad internet sorry blah blah" but their ping is stable.
Their might be something to keep the record of paclets amd stuffs (which you have) to determine if the person abused this timeout feature or it is a connection problem

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 12:27:02 am »
How, how can someone be SO retarded to force timeouts? What is the logic to avoid death etc?
I can not taking this problem seriously because i can not understand it.
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 12:29:23 am »
How, how can someone be SO retarded to force timeouts? What is the logic to avoid death etc?
Surprisingly/sadly,they still do that sir.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 02:47:19 am »
With the new actors system, in my opinion, death evading is worse for the evader than for the killer. The evader gets a death added and the killer still gets his kill, but way more easily.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Nikola

• Head Admin
  • Score: 59064
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 02:52:07 am »
What you're suggesting is for staff members to act purely based on their assumption, rather than facts, when it comes to an issue as serious as player punishment. There is no way to provide irrefutable evidence that a player has intentionally timed out. Even if it happens several times, the potential punishment cannot be enforced because the person "maybe" or "probably" lost their connection on purpose. Therefore, I'm absolutely against this suggestion.

Offline Madman

• VIP
  • Score: 56380
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 12:56:08 pm »
Your right but punishing isn't the right way.Maybe someone disconnects truely?So no need because it needs lots of time to detect
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
menace> {33CCFF}[4] {FFFFFF}SMALL PENIS IRAN DOGS
Dr.MaDMaN[GgT]> {33CCFF}[3] {FFFFFF}Retarded mode is on
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}LOL
DedeceK> {33CCFF}[27] {FFFFFF}madman he wanan mute again

Offline MAR.

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 02:17:54 pm »
as nikola said, it happens to many players, so i give a NO.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:19:45 pm by MoroCCan$tAr »

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 02:56:13 pm »
Welcome to the world of stats whores.

Offline AruN.

• VIP
  • You think this is a game?
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 09:40:28 pm »
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing which Chev[PPLV] has experienced with the same player. I don't know about his case but, I've timed out in middle of fights due to lag, etc.

I don't think someone should be punished based on assumptions.
AruN

Offline Panal_Abeja

• VIP
  • Score: 8091
  • I'm not scared of you anymore! I'm a big boy now!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 10:29:10 pm »

I don't think someone should be punished based on assumptions.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2017, 01:07:05 am »
There is no way to provide irrefutable evidence that a player has intentionally timed out.
This.

And this. Who gives a shit? If I'm a terrorist, I welcome people on the other team death evading by quitting- if I'm actually following my duty and playing the game, it's to my advantage. At worst, it doesn't really matter.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if people deliberately do this to troll, but it doesn't help them- so what's the issue? Are you going to complain if I jump off of high ledges and die during a "fight"? 95% of the time, you can't really tell if I knew it would kill me. Also, to be brutally honest, many players overestimate their killing skills and get offended that someone "chickened out and evaded" when the person "evading" didn't even see them as a threat and left to go grab a snack or something. People crash into shit and die during dogfights before I can shoot them down all the time, you don't hear me complaining.

Today I got "called out" because I "used /sync during a fight" because I couldn't move after trying to jack someone's bike. Why the fuck is that a problem? The only thing it did was make it so the four people trying to kill me could actually do it so I could go back to protecting the President. The worst part was that I actually had to explain why I used /sync, to prove I wasn't part of the reptilian underworld conspiring to keep their bullshit, inflated stats down. Don't worry, anybody worth their salt won't judge you by your 8.56 ratio or your 0.24 ratio (well actually, I judge people with 8.56 ratios all the time). Some of you guys need to chill out and play the damn gamemode.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 08:43:23 am »
I'm not bitching here. Neither complaining. I'm suggesting to punish  those who would likely ABUSE this issue continuously all the time.
Read,use your brain,then make a comment.
Not all are like you,YoMama. I've seen a lot of people using every possible command to avoid getting killed.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:45:41 am by Crash »

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 05:57:48 pm »
Nice suggestion!
So, as soon as I have suspicions of you using aimbot, I'll ban you. Why?
If I do it, you might claim that you are just good. Probably it is true, but I'll say that those suspicions have continiously come to my mind.
With this being said, being good can be achieved with using aimbot (known SA:MP fact).
If a player is good, PUNISH him. How would you know that he doesn't use cheats?

I didn't mean personally you, Crash, I just wanted to show that the argumentation you have supplied your suggestion with is absurdous. If the administrators start to punish players based on assumptions, the chaos will be brought to the server again. Do you want the decisions about you to be based on the admin's mood and personal relation towards you? I don't think so.

Besides, recently Jonne has added (but not officially announced yet) the anti death evasion system based on static, motionless actor which appears at the place where a player disconnected/reclassed/went duelling/... for 15 seconds with the same amount of health and armour the player had. If you kill this defenseless actor, you'll gain another point to your kill score, and the respective player will only gain a death point.

In the past, the players who suspiciously timed out were not normally punished as well - unless it happened really often and in the same situations.

And this. Who gives a shit? If I'm a terrorist, I welcome people on the other team death evading by quitting- if I'm actually following my duty and playing the game, it's to my advantage. At worst, it doesn't really matter.
Well, since I don't care about the stats, I partially agree with you. Nevertheless, I always used to report death evaders and make them punished. Why? Because their actions ruin the gameplay. The game is overall about killing and dying. They don't mind killing, but they refuse to give you a pleasure of beating and killing them, thus blatantly destroying one of the parts of the game. I find it unfair, unjust and impudent, I don't want to face it when I am having fun ingame. As for the stats, as I said once, I would already have posted a suggestion of removing them completely if I didn't knew that it would've been a pure waste of time: nobody wouldn't have ever supported it here.

Today I got "called out" because I "used /sync during a fight" (...)
The worst part was that I actually had to explain why I used /sync
Wow. You didn't really have to explain it anyways, especially if it was a staff member who interrogated you. There is no crime in using /sync until proved otherwise. In fact, if I was you, I wouldn't principally have explained anything: let this staff member tie himself in knots and get punished for his own incompetence afterwards.

Some of you guys need to chill out and play the damn gamemode.

(No offense, basically I agree with you. It just sounded very Lacerta-like)

Summarizing: due to impossibility to tell whether the timeout has been forced on purpose or not, onus probandi and Jonne's new actor system, this won't be added.
Locked.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.