Author Topic: Red County - Airport lagg  (Read 3819 times)

Offline MegaPilot

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Red County - Airport lagg
« on: April 27, 2019, 05:43:43 pm »
[RD]Burill_BiB, Altus_Demens, Hanz & MegaPilot would like to report the following issue:
Since the update we experience an immense lagg spike(FPS drop) while at the airport of Red County. I experience it near the airport but it is very noticable while I'm at the runway.

Offline Menace

• VIP
  • Score: 121326
  • Menace 2 Society
Re: Red County - Airport lagg
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 06:01:38 pm »
This is accurate asf!
The whole area by the airport drops my fps

Offline [ThuG].Tonny

• VIP
  • Nada como uma dia após o outro dia!
    • @rodrigo2w
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 07:34:28 pm »
same here
"And remember, respect is everything"
                                          (GTA II)

Offline LuCa

• VIP
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 08:01:20 pm »
Yeah same

Offline Bully

• VIP
  • Score: 38264
  • Angry and hungry
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 08:02:07 pm »
I can experience same while going from presi spwn to airstrip via road along side river .
High fps drops and screen flickers .

Offline iDanz0r

• VIP
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 10:53:10 pm »
Specifically airport yes but also when i'm flying rustler i experience fps drop sometimes
If you want to get to know someone, find out what makes them Angry.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2019, 12:06:14 pm »
Yup, this also happens to me in that area
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Konata Izumi

• VIP
  • Score: 81092
  • DarkSide Emperors
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2019, 12:48:50 pm »
[RD]Burill_BiB, Altus_Demens, Hanz & MegaPilot would like to report the following issue:
Since the update we experience an immense lagg spike(FPS drop) while at the airport of Red County. I experience it near the airport but it is very noticable while I'm at the runway.
That's strange my FPS didn't dropped :/

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2019, 12:52:28 pm »
I found out what's causing this bug, it's the custom vending machines that are part of the weapon-config. The removing of the 'original' vending machines apparently causes the FPS drop around that area. The only fix would be to disable the vending machines, but then the vending machines would become useless. So, I think the best solution for now is to keep the vending machines, but the FPS drop would stay. Maybe an option would be to move the airport to another location, so that area wouldn't be used as much, and the FPS drop wouldn't affect too many people?

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2019, 01:11:17 pm »
Personally I don't like none of these solutions.
Solving this problem without removing old vending machines seems to be tricky since all health changes are handled on the server now, but I've got a couple of ideas in my mind. Probably we won't have neither to move the airports, nor to suffer with lags. :)
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Maddy

• VIP
  • Score: 37297
  • My attitude depends on the people in front of me.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2019, 02:42:27 pm »
I found out what's causing this bug, it's the custom vending machines that are part of the weapon-config. The removing of the 'original' vending machines apparently causes the FPS drop around that area. The only fix would be to disable the vending machines, but then the vending machines would become useless. So, I think the best solution for now is to keep the vending machines, but the FPS drop would stay. Maybe an option would be to move the airport to another location, so that area wouldn't be used as much, and the FPS drop wouldn't affect too many people?
Custom vending machines are placed? Where?

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2019, 09:18:44 pm »
Custom vending machines are placed? Where?

No, the script just replaced the default vending machines (so they can be included in the server side health processing).

Anyway, we've added a temporary fix for it, you shouldn't lag anymore at the airport, and the vending machines are still working (just the animation might look a bit weird).