Author Topic: Add vending machines in Flint County  (Read 9408 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Re: Add vending machines in Flint County
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 04:32:51 pm »
We've got 11 vending machines in LS, 8 in LV, 14 in SF, 4 in RC, 6 in WW and... 0 in FC.

For now FC is just the less flexible map in terms of strategy. Main armour spawn is located in the center of the map, at the main crossroad, so most of the players go through it, and thus newbies become easy prey for regulars' teams controlling that spawn. No other map puts such obstacles before players.

Vending machines were always significant part of mine & Litt's strategy, especially on the old server before no armour camping rule was introduced, as the only armour spawn was rarely reachable for us, and healths pickups sometimes were just way too remote. They allow to restore your health away from standard regulars' armies routes, which definitely gives more options to hold and to struggle. It's hard to explain it to people who can just ignore any strong enemies from the opposing team (because they are friends), but I guess our position is yet understandable. /kill might be an option, but, instead of giving up and using server mechanics to start from a blank page, I prefer to struggle till the end,

So, +1 from me too. I suggest placing 5 vending machines in FC. I've sketched a small script adding them, and I'll submit it to Jonne right after posting this message, so if this suggestion's gonna be accepted, new vending machines would be easily added.

P.S. It's very funny to see those hints at stats whoring from our regulars which make peace with every other regulars and thus free themselves from fighting most of the mighty opponents. Sapienti sat.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2016, 04:48:35 pm »
Why would you drive far away to the health spawn when you just can

Use /kill then. -1

• Because maybe I have armor and I want to heal without losing it.
  • Because maybe I am on a killing spree that I don't want to lose.
  • Because maybe I am about to reach the president (something that usually takes ages in Flint County).
  • Because maybe I am teaming up with someone that does not need a heal and we do not feel like spending 5 minutes to meet each other again.
  • Because maybe I simply enjoy struggling to survive rather than giving up and teleporting myself back to spawn.

I feel like I'm wasting my time explaining this.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:57:39 pm by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 04:51:54 pm »
  • Because maybe I have armor and I want to heal without losing it.
  • Because maybe I am on a killing spree that I don't want to lose.
  • Because maybe I am about to reach the president.
  • Because maybe I am teaming up with someone that does not need a heal and we do not feel like spending 5 minutes to meet each other again.

5. Because I'm a strong and independent woman!

Sorry, it had to be done xD

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2016, 04:55:32 pm »
Sorry, it had to be done xD

Lol, no problem, I giggled.
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2016, 05:34:03 am »
We've got 11 vending machines in LS, 8 in LV, 14 in SF, 4 in RC, 6 in WW and... 0 in FC.

For now FC is just the less flexible map in terms of strategy. Main armour spawn is located in the center of the map, at the main crossroad, so most of the players go through it, and thus newbies become easy prey for regulars' teams controlling that spawn. No other map puts such obstacles before players.

Vending machines were always significant part of mine & Litt's strategy, especially on the old server before no armour camping rule was introduced, as the only armour spawn was rarely reachable for us, and healths pickups sometimes were just way too remote. They allow to restore your health away from standard regulars' armies routes, which definitely gives more options to hold and to struggle. It's hard to explain it to people who can just ignore any strong enemies from the opposing team (because they are friends), but I guess our position is yet understandable. /kill might be an option, but, instead of giving up and using server mechanics to start from a blank page, I prefer to struggle till the end,

So, +1 from me too. I suggest placing 5 vending machines in FC. I've sketched a small script adding them, and I'll submit it to Jonne right after posting this message, so if this suggestion's gonna be accepted, new vending machines would be easily added.

P.S. It's very funny to see those hints at stats whoring from our regulars which make peace with every other regulars and thus free themselves from fighting most of the mighty opponents. Sapienti sat.

Yes, your reply is what I've been waiting for and tbh, I didn't read any single word on it.

• Because maybe I simply enjoy struggling to survive rather than giving up and teleporting myself back to spawn.

You enjoy struggling to survive but you want vending machines so you can have health?  ???

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2016, 07:17:21 am »
Flint country is fine the way it is, we have 3 armour/hp spawns and one HP-only spawn or maybe more I dont really know but it's fine, its a unique map compared to the other maps, hard to play and thats what the Presidents need the most to survive the overpowered drive-by combat shotgun

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2016, 11:33:45 am »
You enjoy struggling to survive but you want vending machines so you can have health?  ???

It seems that you don't remember why I said that. You asked me why I don't use /kill if health pickups are far or practically unreachable (as they are at the moment). I replied that I prefer making an effort to reach them to give up and use /kill, since I consider that struggle a part of the game. I never said that driving times to these pickups aren't too long in FC, because in fact they are. It's not only the map with longer driving times to health pickups, but also the only one with zero vending machines.

Maybe you aren't interested in finding out what Altus thinks about this matter, but it wouldn't be too bad if you took a look given the poor reading skills you've shown, which definitely need practice.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2016, 11:38:18 pm »
As I said in another suggestion, let the game be challenging. We don't need more health spawns. Makes it completely unfun.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Miau

• VIP
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2016, 12:07:08 am »
As I said in another suggestion, let the game be challenging. We don't need more health spawns. Makes it completely unfun.

No, you said it in this suggestion and I replied. Now you've said it again  :)

~ Daario Naharis

Offline Matt

• Polski American
  • VIP
  • Score: 1564
  • An IT enthusiast and gadget geek
    • MattMski
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2016, 12:17:12 am »

No, you said it in this suggestion and I replied. Now you've said it again  :)
Apologies, I figured out I replied twice in this topic lmao, and forgot to read your reply. I understand that it's Flint County. Yes it's boring and tiring to drive to the other side of the map for something, but that's what makes it challenging and keeps people from ruining other peoples fun.

RD og, Ex Admin. Been playing PTP since 2011 (Tenshi's PTP, not Jonne's)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2016, 12:10:56 am »
If there are health spawns added, it will be normal health pickups, not vending machines. We already have a system for the pickups (loading, placing them, AC detection, ...), and it doesn't seem necessary to add all of that for vending machines, since they have the same result anyway. That said, it seems like most people don't think it necessary, so we won't add any more health spawns.